Golfing with Women

My wife is just getting into it now, hitting some balls at the range and we went on a little par 3 close by where she totally lost her head. But she is more determined now to get better as she wants to be good at it.

Oddly though she doesn't like the yonex graphite shafted irons I got her for cheap on ebay but she loves my custom fit MP59 irons... and she strikes them better. I'm obviously now on the hunt for some more irons for me
And so it begins.... Please review the PSA I posted above. :act-up:

I know your "pain". While playing with the clubs I bought her, my wife said "these clubs feel too short". I handed her a club from my bag and she promptly hit the green. She said thanks and my custom C200's became hers.

Happy wife + the green light to purchase new irons = definite win!

I will golf with anyone. It doesn't matter what gender they are.

#treatPEOPLEwithrespect

I have, and would again, play with women. The only downside is they creep me out by constantly checking me out when they think I can't see it. I'm not some piece of meat! I am a human being!

Most of the responses (if not all) in this thread seem about the same - people have no problem playing with women. I agree. But how many people actually DO play with women? For whatever reason, despite everyone's opinion that women are great to play with, there are not many women playing golf.

Most of the responses (if not all) in this thread seem about the same - people have no problem playing with women. I agree. But how many people actually DO play with women? For whatever reason, despite everyone's opinion that women are great to play with, there are not many women playing golf.

I’ve literally only golfed with one female before on purpose but that’s because she was invited by another in our group to play and she’s a professional golfer and wanted in on the weekly game. I will say though, that will be changing soon as I’ve been invited to play by a female golfer once I’m back to 100%.

I do, quite regularly.
70d6f77586c69158b0edc60ef9b07e3b.jpg

822881e0d20e22e2a63ed194b6ed8f57.jpg

3811aad9f18a53920f0aea3188b10515.jpg

3d90560e5b06089329a8c35660b68c46.jpg

These are my usual girls. Our friend, my bestie & my wife, just booked a trip to Ireland next summer. They’re awesome to play with & seem to enjoy pouring whisky down my throat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why don't most men invite women to tee it up with them?

I don't have any clue why not. All the women I have been paired up with end up being the only ones of the foursome in the fairway, and regardless of distance end up playing the fastest.

Last week got paired with a early 30 something married couple. She hit 100% of the fairways and was already on the green before we were able to even find her husbands ball in the trees/rough from his tee shot.

I like to play with most all the people I have been sent out with as a single . Men women young old - only a few times can I say it was not fun............

Last edited:

But why does there have to be and why would men have to play with wiomen? Women who want to pay will play. Some men who play together do it much like they might play a ball game together or watch a football game together, or just about anything etc,etc.. I don't fit myself in when my wife gets together to do something with her friends (as all girlfriends), why would it be so necessary for a group of men to intentionally plug women in just for the sake of doing it? Nothing wrong with doing that if they chose to but it doesn't have to be any necessity.

I would really like my wife to golf with me (I asked her very often) but shes not interested. But are men suppose to go out of their way to intentionally play with women? I don't mind at all when paired up with any women. I play mostly as single and whomever I get placed with doesn't matter one bit as long as whoever it is, is a good person. Ive had a lot of very pleasant rounds with women as part or on rare occasion even making up the other 3 players. But There is nothing wrong imo with men friends wanting to get together and play golf. Are they suppose to break that up to purposely include some women? Some do but as you said there just aren't all that many women playing and some who do actually also play together as a group of women. I have seen that too.

No disrespect meant and im not trying to pick on you but you post your comments as though people are sort of being somewhat hypocritical by saying they like playing with women but then don't really DO it. But honestly do they intentionally have to? I mean why would that have to be a thing? I think most people are simply saying if it pops up they have no issue. And some do play with their wives or women friends. But would people (mens groups who play together) have to intentionally break up their thing just to make sure they include some women? Not trying to be harsh but just honest comments and questions here.

There aren’t, or if there are women playing, it’s often with other women. Come to think of it, the last time I played with a woman, was a threesome of women who invited me to play through and I asked them if I could just join up. Never would have happened if they didn’t have a husband/wife bail on them at the last minute. Their husbands let me play through a hole before I caught them, and once we joined up, we never saw their husbands the rest of the round. Their pace of play was so much quicker it was amazing.

That wound up being a great back 9. The four of us laughed most of the round at each other.

In all the years playing, I've only been paired with one or more women maybe 15-20 times. All were enjoyable experiences.

My wife took a series of lessons, practiced some and then played a couple times with me and at a work event. She only wanted to play for the business aspects of things. Although showing some genuine promise that actually surprised the heckoutta me (), she lost interest just as abruptly as she had shown it.

My daughter never wanted to play despite my trying to get her out there. Hot day, the LAST place on earth she wanted to be was exposed to the sun when not poolside or at the beach.

Wouldn't you know it, today I went out as a single and was paired with another single: a woman.

Last summer I was playing a course up in NJ. I was a single and there was two men and two women. They tried to pair both up and One guy said NO WAY! I offered to join the ladies. Was awesome! The three of us had a great time. These ladies could play and were totally fun to golf with. Probably most fun with people I have ever been paired up with randomly like that. They bought me beers after the round. Cool ladies!

I’ve played with many women. A few semi-regularly (I play random times as work isn’t on a set schedule for me). But I also know many women who refuse to play with men, especially younger guys. They feel intimidated by the distance difference off the tee. Because most courses aren’t properly set up for short hitters. I played with an older woman recently. On a par 3 I hit gap wedge and she hit driver. She had definite frustration at times.

No problem with it at all. We have a lady that is part of our regular 9 hole group.

Wouldn't you know it, today I went out as a single and was paired with another single: a woman.
To make this even stranger, it turned out that the woman I was paired with was my assistant principal in high school! We both moved out of state and she changed careers and then we randomly met up on a golf course in Vegas in 103 degree heat.

And so it begins.... Please review the PSA I posted above. :act-up:

I know your "pain". While playing with the clubs I bought her, my wife said "these clubs feel too short". I handed her a club from my bag and she promptly hit the green. She said thanks and my custom C200's became hers.

Happy wife + the green light to purchase new irons = definite win!

Callaway apex mb forged (with the oil can finish) or some Mizuno MP4's are currently being hunted down on ebay

I have, and would again, play with women. The only downside is they creep me out by constantly checking me out when they think I can't see it. I'm not some piece of meat! I am a human being!
I feel you. And the constant remarks about size of my driver..

Have zero problems with it. Our club hosts the Ladies StraitShooters Golf League every Wednesday. Link below. PGA and LPGA recognize them as the largest in the country, possibly the world. 350 strong. Many of the members are also members of our golf association and play in our bi- monthly tournaments. Have played with many of them. Its a blast.

https://ladiesstraightshooters.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problems with it at all. If you’re a pleasant human being and you play at a good pace, let’s go, I don’t care if you’re male or female.

And if you are female, and you can hit your driver consistently, and you play from the red tees - let’s play a scramble; you’re on my team.

This is great story repeated more than once.

My cousin played on the LPGA tour for a short time before leaving to have a family. Many times we play and people (men) on the tee behind us think they will be held up by us and ask to play before us. I always say no to see their reaction. They routinely look irritated until my cousin hits on 275 down the middle of the fair way. SWEET EVERYTIME!!!!!!!

If we get apired up sometimes they look irritated and they get VERY IRRItated when they get their butts kicked by a girl. lol

Most of the women I've played with have been either friends wives who usually are pretty good or in tournaments/scrambles and are really good. My best friends fiance watched me hit my hole-in-one and I watched her hit an albatross! Her fiance was pissed, he's never done either! �� My wife will occasionally ask if we can load her clubs up. She's not very good, so a good day at the course is hitting the ball in the air. ��

I am happy to play with anyone.

@Loffkat and I get out whenever we can, and playing together is a real treat. My mom is just taking it up, and when we can go out as a foursome, with my stepdad, it is a great day.

I think some women are intimidated by the pace, the rules, the etiquette, and all the stuff. When I play with a new player, like my mom, the answer is always "well, this is what you are supposed to do, but we are playing for fun, so don't sweat it"

One other thing that helps is playing a scramble with new players. Takes the pressure off them. Always let them hit first after the drive, so they always feel like thye can contribute. Always let them putt first, because even a newbie can sink a 50 footer, an when they do, WOW are they happy. This always gives them a chance to contribute, and makes it a lot more fun.

I am happy to play with anyone.

@Loffkat and I get out whenever we can, and playing together is a real treat. My mom is just taking it up, and when we can go out as a foursome, with my stepdad, it is a great day.

I think some women are intimidated by the pace, the rules, the etiquette, and all the stuff. When I play with a new player, like my mom, the answer is always "well, this is what you are supposed to do, but we are playing for fun, so don't sweat it"

One other thing that helps is playing a scramble with new players. Takes the pressure off them. Always let them hit first after the drive, so they always feel like thye can contribute. Always let them putt first, because even a newbie can sink a 50 footer, an when they do, WOW are they happy. This always gives them a chance to contribute, and makes it a lot more fun.

Also helps that you and Loffkat are golf naturals. Still humbling how well you guys played for only a year in.

I just had one of my favorite rounds of golf ever with this little lady.

919202315de552b50270ca0eef109a7e.jpg

Back