Golfing with Women

not going to lie, I am mystified by all the stories in this thread about dudes getting miffed by being beat by a girl. Maybe I just run in different circles...but when it happens to the majority of people I have been around there is nothing but the standard congratulations and courteous exchanges of handshakes for a round. At the same time, while sure, I have played with a half dozen ladies through the years that were pretty good, I have played with far more that were terrible. But they enjoyed the game and that is all I care about...long as everyone had a good time, it was a good round

not going to lie, I am mystified by all the stories in this thread about dudes getting miffed by being beat by a girl. Maybe I just run in different circles...but when it happens to the majority of people I have been around there is nothing but the standard congratulations and courteous exchanges of handshakes for a round. At the same time, while sure, I have played with a half dozen ladies through the years that were pretty good, I have played with far more that were terrible. But they enjoyed the game and that is all I care about...long as everyone had a good time, it was a good round

I got shellacked by a single lady that we got paired up with once. Nothing but respect for her. She gave me a good bit of "the business" about getting shellacked while doing it as well.

Most of the responses (if not all) in this thread seem about the same - people have no problem playing with women. I agree. But how many people actually DO play with women? For whatever reason, despite everyone's opinion that women are great to play with, there are not many women playing golf.

have three I play rounds with in varying frequencies...depends on how busy they are

My first round at my old club was with the pro's mom and she was so much fun to play with.

I mostly play as a single and I love when I end up in a group with one or more women. As long as we all know how to keep up and you're fun, I don't care who I play with.

I would love to have a gf who played and if she was better than me, good!

I got shellacked by a single lady that we got paired up with once. Nothing but respect for her. She gave me a good bit of "the business" about getting shellacked while doing it as well.

Sounds like Lucy...@DucatiGirl is a riot to play with if you're into that kind of thing.

I play with my wife often. She took a dozen lessons before she ever stepped foot on the course, and has an amazing swing. She beats 90% of the men I play with, she's faster around the course, and better spirited than most of them too. I have no problem with women on the course at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues here. I used to golf with a female co-worker and her friends. There'd be two groups. From time to time, her husband came out and her friend's husbands but most them either worked weekends or had their own regular groups. We all got along and always had a good time.

not going to lie, I am mystified by all the stories in this thread about dudes getting miffed by being beat by a girl. Maybe I just run in different circles...but when it happens to the majority of people I have been around there is nothing but the standard congratulations and courteous exchanges of handshakes for a round.

Agreed, though I suspect that many of those who are bothered by losing to a female probably tend to be sore losers regardless of who beats them.

Not often for me. I have no issues with playing with women, or anyone. Hopefully they aren't offended by bad language as I never censor myself. At my course women tend to play a bit slow but that is most likely due to the fact the shortest tees are 5600 yards.

We have a number of good women golfers at my Home Course (American Lake Veterans Golf Course). Some of them are spouses, some are veterans, some are active duty. A few years ago, we went from having a Men's Club and a Women's Club to having an integrated Golf Club. It has made playing our course more enjoyable.

My wife started playing about 5 years ago. She loves it. Hits enough good shots to keep coming back. She's a pretty decent off the tee and a good putter. Out of the rough or non-level lies give her fits but those are tough for everyone. She's closing in fast on breaking 100. When we get thru graduation season and start playing this year I think she'll do it just needs to avoid the big numbers.

She started because a couple we started hanging out with both played and it's something we could all do together. The social aspect is really great and we are not "fast" we are mindful and get thru rounds ok. Usually play later on Friday or Saturday afternoons when the courses seem to be a little more laid back. After she got her own clubs and became comfortable just getting around on the course she wanted to invite some other friends out to play where the wives had not before. That was a bit of mixed results. One had been to the range several times and was really great about getting off the tee and just fine dropping a ball in play with my wife if hers was not. The other wanted to hit every shot on her own and just could not understand why it was so hard to hit the ball... She was swinging out of her shoes and wasn't really ready to be out on a course yet. We had fun with both but one round was 3 1/2 hours and the other was 5...

We play a fair number of outings and those are always fun with mixed groups. There are a couple of accomplished ladies we know that are great to get on your team just for the tee box advantage in most scrambles. Even my wife will get one out there that helps the team and she's pretty useful from 80-130 yards the ball never seems to leave the pin although distance control can sometimes be an issue. She's great as the first putter in a group as her strategy is usually "What break just go at the pin"...

Wish my wife would play more than what she does. She says that she's not that good but doesn't want to go out much because she's not that good (????). Anyway when she does we have a good time. I try and make it interesting sometimes by playing the shortest ball hit which is always her and she plays mine. It's always fun teeing it up with a lady and I have no issues with it at all.

I've never seen a woman throw a club, scream curse-words or get drunk on the course, or cheat, embarrassing themselves.
Men on the other hand?

Two of my favorite things at once? yes.

I'm that guy that likes to show women the proper hip action up close on the tee, with a little smack for good luck.

I've never seen a woman throw a club, scream curse-words or get drunk on the course, or cheat, embarrassing themselves.
Men on the other hand?
Ive come across women that would curse out of frustrations with the game. I know women that hate to lose or do poorly at or in things worse than some the men I know. not all women are angels.

Men on the other hand?

Then you have never played with my mom or @loffkat.

I don't like it usually because all the women I've golfed with are beginners and I don't enjoy golfing with beginners much. Not because they aren't good but because they are slow and don't usually care about etiquette etc. I'd have no problem playing with women that have experience on the course.

I play with ladies in all of our big holiday mixed scrambles. The decent women are always the first picks in the events due to the tees they play. We live/play in a small close knit community and almost all the women I've played with have been a great time. I have a golf hole in my front yard so my wife decided she wanted to take up the sport. She was an excellent HS athlete and thought it would be "easy"...LOL. After one time of taking her to the range I decided it was better for our marriage if I got her lessons. Her and another brand new female golfer (friend of ours) decided to do it together. There is an older (early 70'2) lady who is BY FAR the best female golfer ever in our area. Obviously she has slipped some due to age but she probably didn't have a round over 79 for 30 years. Anyway, shes excellent and the nicest lady ever. Did a great job of making the girl comfortable. I think they did 10 lessons last year. My wife goes out with me in the evenings and she will hit balls and just pick up when it gets to that point. I can't get her to actually play a round or go with the other girls because she doesn't want to hold them up and she really doesn't know the rules/etiquette.

Mrs SAM used to play, picked up the game when we were dating and quickly became about a 30 handicap. I always enjoyed playing with her, but she has pretty much quit the game the last 10 years or so.

When I was in my early 30's (66 now) I hooked up one day with a tall teenage girl and her father - she was a softball player and could smash a golf ball - played the mens tees. We were a pretty regular weekday afternoon threesome for a while. Then another young lady (early 20's and excellent player) joined our course and after meeting her, I introduced the two to each other and they became great friends and regular competitors, but I hardly got to play with them any more as they played at different times than me. I don't know what happened with girl #2, but I do know girl #1 later became a club pro.

As unfair as it may be, I can only imagine me playing golf with a woman as the scene in I Love You Man with Paul Rudd and Jason Segrl. You tube that golf scene

Men on the other hand?

You must see some boring women on the course.

My only reservation isn’t playing with women... it’s playing with OLDER women. Pace of play has always been an issue in those situations.

I’ve only been beaten once by a female golfer and she was giving me a hard time about losing to a girl... it was funny.

The only part of it that rubbed me the wrong way is that we were playing one of those courses where the reds aimply weren’t shorter but had a completely different feel to the course, taking out water and hazards etc so I was like “yeah, come see what my tee shot looks like back here 175 yards behind you”

I play with my wife often. She took a dozen lessons before she ever stepped foot on the course, and has an amazing swing. She beats 90% of the men I play with, she's faster around the course, and better spirited than most of them too. I have no problem with women on the course at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter grew up playing at my normal 70 minute per nine rate with me. The year she joined the high school team and got to experience what a 4.5 hour round feels like for the first time. She hates slow play just like her dad!

Back