Golfs most unattainable record?

11 in a row, I doubt will be broken, ever. There are just TO many good golfers now.

[h=2]Golfs most unattainable record? [/h]Me..... shooting a 59 for 18 holes!

I don't see anyone winning 11 in a row at any level.

I don't see anyone winning 11 in a row at any level.

They said the same thing about Mark Spitz then along came Phelps. Sampras held the Majors record in tennis now we have Fed.

Never say never.

Tigers 7 was way more impressive then 11 by Nelson, and Tiger also had 6.

I agree that the 11 wins in a row record will never be broken. Whats the modern day win streak, 2? 3?
7 by Woods and 6 by Woods

6 by Hogan as well before anyone points it out. Not modern though

I would agree with it for golf. Its a weird record, because many of the top in the sport were in the service at the time.

I agree, so I'd say the majors record and most wins ever would be numbers 1 & 2.

while i think Tiger's 142 consecutive cuts made is probably never going to be touched, I dont think its as impressive as Byron Nelson's 113. Back in that era, "making the cut" meant you made the money. And only the top 20 made the money. 113 Top 20's in a row is insanity

I heard that on the broadcast as well. Pretty crazy. How many entrants were in each tournament back then?

11 wins in a row, 18 in one season... I know the fields were limited but it's pretty incredible to play that well over an extended period of time.

I have to agree with 11 straight wins, Jack finishing 1st or 2nd 37 times in majors, and Tigers cuts made streak as being pretty unattainable. Freddie's right about "never say never, but at the very least it's highly unlikely they will be broken.

All three of those records are quite incredible. 11 wins in a row is mind blowing. That record is definitely the safest. The tour is so competitive right now that I wouldn't believe that any of the larger records will be broke anytime soon.

Jack's major record is impressive. Tiger has a shot if he get's healthy (I don't think he will).

I thought that the 18 putts in a round record was pretty safe, but at this point I could see that falling in the next few years.

I agree with 11 wins in a row, 18 in a season, 18 majors and 142 cuts.
But I'll add 3 hole in ones with 2 on par 4's. I still doubt that one, just hard to get your head round it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

while i think Tiger's 142 consecutive cuts made is probably never going to be touched, I dont think its as impressive as Byron Nelson's 113. Back in that era, "making the cut" meant you made the money. And only the top 20 made the money. 113 Top 20's in a row is insanity

I agree. 142 is crazy good. But, a lot of those cuts made are from WGC events that don't have a cut. Not to take anything away from TW. He was in pure #beastmode during that time period.

I agree. 142 is crazy good. But, a lot of those cuts made are from WGC events that don't have a cut. Not to take anything away from TW. He was in pure #beastmode during that time period.
Well he has won 18 of those events lol not really padding those MC numbers

Well he has won 18 of those events lol not really padding those MC numbers

Agreed. Nelson won a tournament that was a four ball match. Still counts, and he still won.

How do minimize TWs streak? While making all those cuts he won 33% of the events he entered. We are saying because he dominated in WGCs that it's not as impressive as Nelson's impressive record. It's hard to compare the two so I'll say I think they are both impressive.

I'd argue that 142 cuts made by Tiger still sits as the most impressive, given how much the quality/difficulty of courses increased over that span. Consider that today's best still miss a few cuts per year, and the best streak for cuts made right now sits below 20. Not to diminish Nelson's cuts and wins, which will likely never be broken, but they sit alongside baseball's stats from a similar era, which also belonged largely to players old enough to not get drafted.

Golfs most unattainable record?

14 wins before age 23 from Horton Smith is looking pretty unbreakable as well IMO, but yeah I'd say 11 in a row will never happen again.

Back