Greg Norman shirts- horrible

mski

Reaction score
Handicap
9 USGA
Wore a new shirt today and it was the most restrictive golf shirt I ever wore and yep it was the correct size. Pretty much ruined a round of golf due to not being comfortable.
Had a whole routine to get the shirt ready so I can swing.
Half way through the round I remembered why I no longer Norman shirts. :banghead:

Interesting. I have a Greg Norman quarter zip and it is absolutely fantastic. Unfortunate about the shirt though, that's never good.

Interesting I have a couple and have had zero issues

I think I have like 6 Norman shirts, all from Macy's, and have never had an issue with them.

I have a couple and a 1/4 zip and both fit me well to size.

I have a few and like them a lot. Sucks about the shirt yours though. I always wear a new one to a range session first for a dress rehearsal before taking them out to the big show.

They seem to run a tad large on me. I normally wear a large shirt and they seem to be closer to XL.

I think the fit is fine on the Greg Norman shirts. I am not a fan of the stitching, and they seem to snag easier than my other shirts.

They seem to run a tad large on me. I normally wear a large shirt and they seem to be closer to XL.

I typically wear a Medium in golf shirts, and all the Norman shirts I Have are small.

Never tried one of his shirts, but I have a pair of Greg Norman shorts that are awesome.

I had a couple Norman wind shirt quarter zip pullovers way back in the day and they were fantastic. I of course ruined them by spilling stuff on them, but I have never had any issue with the Sharks shirts or shorts.

Sorry to hear about your issue, hopefully it was just a one off.

One thing about discount golf shirts I've noticed is that even if the fabric breathes well, it's often less stretchy than more expensive brands. May not matter as much for some, but if you're a goofy body type (like, oh I dunno, short with bigger shoulders & back and short arms) it's easy to end up with a shirt that just doesn't sit right. I'd also say, in my experience, the biggest difference from shirt to shirt or year to year in less expensive brands is the size of the arm holes. Sometimes a small fits, sometimes it's like trying to golf in a cheap suit. Sometimes a medium fits nicely, sometimes it's like wearing a muumuu. By comparison, with a Puma or Callaway shirt, everything from the same size tends to fit the same.

I'm sorry to hear your shirts didn't work out for you. I don't think I've owned any Greg Norman shirts, but I've tried some, and always found them to be a pretty decent value.

every person has a different body, and will fit into every shirt a little bit differently.

Do you know how old the shirt is? The brand changed hands (and factories) in the last couple of years. Meaning if it was bought at a discount score it could in fact be the old run.

Stinks about the shirt you purchased.

I've purchased a ton of GN shirts. They seem to fit well for me. I've found them pretty true to size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your experience.
I own about a dozen and really like my GN shirts. Never had an issue w any of them.

I'm confused, did you you dressed before you headed to the course or did you buy at the course?

I have a few with no issues at all.

Maybe just an odd shirt I have a couple of Norman shirts and love them. Maybe you need to have a chat with their customer service Sept. I am sure they will try and resolve the issue

I have a few Norman shirts and haven't had problems with them but they are not the best fitting golf shirts I own. A little tight or weird fitting in the shoulder/armpit area but that description includes many medium shirts for me. I've always dealt with being between sizes with shirts - larges are often a little big, especially in the body and mediums are too tight in the shoulders. When I find a golf shirt that fits well I often buy 4 or 5 of them in different colors. Strangely, more than half my golf shirts are mediums but medium jackets are always too small wether it's a ski jacket, rain jacket, or casual jacket.

I'm not really a fan of the style but Norman shirts are actually some of the better made poly shirts out there

I have quite a few of his shirts and the only thing that I noticed as others stated that they run a little big. Other than that I like the shirts

Most labels have different types of shirts. I have a Nike shirt that is like that. I don't wear it for golf. Butt it's good for work or dinners.

I'm confused, did you you dressed before you headed to the course or did you buy at the course?
New shirt the wife bought me. The cut in the shirt was tight in the sleeves and the shoulders. The shirt didn't feel bad until I started swinging the club.
Like mentioned by staticline not all the shirts by a manufacture are the same. This shirt will be worn for something other than golf.

Sometimes it is in the construction of the shirt. A set it sleeve allows you to move better than a raglan sleeve perhaps. I would take it back or call GN customer service

Back