Grip Friend Golf Accessory Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting accessory but not something I would ever see myself using if I am honest

Reason being, I only ever walk with my trolley so my bag is going to be next to me at all times, and if it is raining I just use the rain cover on my bag, attach my umbrella to the trolley and if it is really wet then I will hook a towel inside the umbrella. If I do have a hole (like our 7th and 8th) where I leave my clubs in a spot between the green and next tee and carry both putter and driver then I will use my divot repair tool stuck into the ground and then lie the club grip across the top of it and dry off any moisture when I pick them back up

I can see it being useful for those riding who have to carry multiple clubs to their ball and then need to put them down on the ground, but maybe walkers won't find this accessory something that they need?

It's good to see people thinking outside the box when it comes to golf accessories. This seems like a solid invention that will serve a lot of golfers well. I thought of riders in Florida that play in the conditions described.

This looks as though it would be useful for cart riders, especially on CPO days or holes. As a walker, I don't really see it as a necessary accessory sice I rarely need to take multiple clubs with me.

This looks as though it would be useful for cart riders, especially on CPO days or holes. As a walker, I don't really see it as a necessary accessory sice I rarely need to take multiple clubs with me.

This lines up with my thoughts as well. I prefer to walk most rounds, and the size of the accessory would definitely be problematic for me. Still, nothing wrong with innovation and coming up with an inexpensive idea that can definitely help some golfers.

Interesting product. Price is right. Concur that it appears a bit cumbersome for walking/attaching to a bag. I know there are other single club solutions that just prop up the grip which likely makes more sense when not riding.

Interesting idea but my club stand already does this and I don't have to bend down to use it.

Nice writeup James. When I initially saw the pic the first thing I envisioned was it banging against my leg while walking

Really cool product that I could see myself actually use. Nice review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice writeup James. When I initially saw the pic the first thing I envisioned was it banging against my leg while walking

It does. My HS kids had fun chuckling at that.

But, if you are a rider, especially on a course who goes CPO anytime there is any moisture, I can see its value. I just think they were focused more on that group than walkers, which to be fair, the riding group is definitely the larger of the two out there.

It does. My HS kids had fun chuckling at that.

But, if you are a rider, especially on a course who goes CPO anytime there is any moisture, I can see its value. I just think they were focused more on that group than walkers, which to be fair, the riding group is definitely the larger of the two out there.

This was my initial thought as well

I would have to say it is the opposite here in the UK where riders are nowhere near as common as walkers, so I don't think I would be likely to come across anyone using it over here

Nice review James.

I must admit as I started reading I thought it was a joke.

As I continued to read the article, my thoughts on it changed, this is the perfect device for early morning rounds or post rain rounds where it is cart path only.

This would also benefit me as I’ve lost quite a few divot tools using them to keep grips off the grass and forgetting them later.

The price is solid as well.

Unique idea. I like it.

We have 1st tee time weekdays and between dew and/or the course being watered every night it seems, the ground always seems to be wet. We ride but there are a couple of par 4's that are always CPO and so are all the par 3's. Except for when it rains (and I almost never will play in rain), I could see using something about that size but instead of trying to stick the clubs inside of it I could see laying the handles across the outside of it. The outside has to be dried after use no matter what. Maybe designed to be used in that fashion it could even be less expensive.

Back