ANNOUNCEMENT Guide to Using the THP Forum

As Tapatalk has been constantly degrading both usability and compatibility, this new forum software is a killer. Fast, responsive and the night mode is a lot easier on the eyes.

Care to share what BB software this is, as there has been a push to gravitate away from vBulletin on the forum I am currently administering?

It is very customed out version of XenForo. We had the design done specifically for THP.

It is very customed out version of XenForo. We had the design done specifically for THP.

XenForo has been on my short list for quite a while. ?

Love the upgrades!!! Great Job!

XenForo has been on my short list for quite a while. ?

We did a ton of research on different forum software for larger boards and this one just seemed to fit what we wanted best. The support is so much better than VB and fun fact the original developers of VB back when it was good are the guys at Xenforo and they are still there.

We did a ton of research on different forum software for larger boards and this one just seemed to fit what we wanted best. The support is so much better than VB and fun fact the original developers of VB back when it was good are the guys at Xenforo and they are still there.

Yeah, they seem to have solid operation going on. Would it be too much to ask to share what are the major customizations compared to commercially available version? Just want to understand if the vanilla version would be sufficient for our purposes.

Yeah, they seem to have solid operation going on. Would it be too much to ask to share what are the major customizations compared to commercially available version? Just want to understand if the vanilla version would be sufficient for our purposes.

We hired a firm to do a fully custom style. So everything you see here is custom.

If you just go to the actual Xenforo forum you can see what their standard functions and look are.

Thank the Almighty the speed issues I had are resolved. Thank you GG. I no longer need withdrawal therapy.:)

Thank the Almighty the speed issues I had are resolved. Thank you GG. I no longer need withdrawal therapy.:)

Yes!!! I was hoping to see you post in here, and your response was exactly what I was hoping for, woohoo!!

Thanks for being patient and sticking with us, I am glad I could keep my promise that if you stuck with us it would get better. :)

Looks so much better. Great job

I continue to be impressed by the new forum. It's so easy and fast to use. I know it had to be one huge headache but you guys did so good with this release.

Is there a trick to getting an email notification when your posts is quoted?

I could swear I have the settings proper, but get no email.

If I click the option for email when a post is made in a watched thread..... works flawlessly.

This is a really good question, I thought this was an option, but maybe not. I will look into this some more. I might have to add a plugin for that.

New Posts will give you all your unread posts, and then once you read that thread it will disappear from the New Posts tab.

58,894? Is this the total number of posts on the forum?

Change Width - This will allow you to change the width of the forum to fit your screen better.

Thank you!

58,894? Is this the total number of posts on the forum?
Thank you!

No, that's how many posts you have that are unread, meaning the number of posts you haven't read on the forum. On the right sidebar where it says Forum Statistics, the number next to messages (over 6 million), that's how many posts are on the forum.

Looks great, can't wait to check stuff out today!

No, that's how many posts you have that are unread, meaning the number of posts you haven't read on the forum. On the right sidebar where it says Forum Statistics, the number next to messages (over 6 million), that's how many posts are on the forum.

Ok, I knew there were 6M+ posts on the forum. I didn't think enough about that question. It's too early. So, is the 58k number posts or threads (conversations now?)?

I might have missed it, but is there an easy way to mark all the forums read?

Ok, I knew there were 6M+ posts on the forum. I didn't think enough about that question. It's too early. So, is the 58k number posts or threads (conversations now?)?

Conversations are Private Messages.
58k is simply the number of posts that are unread for you personally. You can mark forums read (directions above) and start at 0.

Yes. Click the down arrow on Forums on the menu bar (green bar at the top) and mark forums read will be there.
You can also mark individual forums (clubs, shafts, etc) as read as well.

Nevermind I found it. Had to go landscape to see

Love the new look. Dark mode is cool, plus the forum looks great on mobile. Great work!

I love the change width feature at the bottom. Change it based on the size of your screen.

Can emojis, like ⚽, be added in a signature? I tried adding a few and then when I hit save they disappeared.

New forum looks amazing, great job!!!

There are a number of users that are browsing as invisible. If you choose to, that is fine, but if you would rather not be and unsure why you are, just go to your settings in control panel and check to see if it is checked or not.

Back