You are going to be drinking from a firehose! ;)

First of all great setup there, I can't wait to get doused by the firehose!!!

Currently have everything (including 10k primers and a ton of powder) I need except the press! Timing couldn't be worse either because I'm down to my last 300 rounds and just started getting into USPSA 😂

IMG_6996.JPG

First of all great setup there, I can't wait to get doused by the firehose!!!

Currently have everything (including 10k primers and a ton of powder) I need except the press! Timing couldn't be worse either because I'm down to my last 300 rounds and just started getting into USPSA 😂
Are you shooting 9mm? Are you having to shoot to a Power Factor in USPSA?

If so, you need to figure out a load that works well in your gun and is clean burning, to minimize fouling. Have you decided on a load yet? If so, what are the specifics?

Are you shooting 9mm? Are you having to shoot to a Power Factor in USPSA?

If so, you need to figure out a load that works well in your gun and is clean burning, to minimize fouling. Have you decided on a load yet? If so, what are the specifics?

I'm going to be shooting 9mm Production which has a minimum power factor of 125. The guy who taught my reloading class has an entire business around doing tuned competition loads for shooters. He recommended I start with CCI Primers, 4.0 grains of Red Dot and 124 grain RN lipsticks.

I'm going to be shooting 9mm Production which has a minimum power factor of 125. The guy who taught my reloading class has an entire business around doing tuned competition loads for shooters. He recommended I start with CCI Primers, 4.0 grains of Red Dot and 124 grain RN lipsticks.
That should work just fine. You will need to figure out the correct COL for your gun and then just keep a tight eye on things. With a Dillon, you can make a lot of bad ammo, really fast! :ROFLMAO:

By the way.... my one and only plastic 9mm gun. A VP9 law enforcement model. I like it! Decent trigger for a striker.

NPcGXzj.jpg

By the way.... my one and only plastic 9mm gun. A VP9 law enforcement model. I like it! Decent trigger for a striker.

That Critical Defense is my choice for defense ammo =)

That Critical Defense is my choice for defense ammo =)
Yup! really good factory ammo. I don't waste it on paper. I shot 10 rounds, proved my gun likes it and leave the mags filled with it, ready to go.

btw, I was just getting a chuckle out of this... your load is 4 grains of Red Dot, you get 1,750 rounds per pound of powder... my 416 Rigby loads (pictured) were 105 gns of Alliant Reloder 19. Only 66 cartridges per pound of powder. :)

Anyone happen to know where I can buy some 45 semi-auto ammo online that will ship to a FFL dealer near me in California? Man this has been such a hassle...
Don't know if they will ship or not, but Rocky mountain gun club here in Grand Junction had .45 & .40 in on the shelves.

So, I took a look at my inventory and thought, I could use some more 45 ACP loads. I'm down to 200 loaded rounds of 230gr JHP. I have 2,500 Large Pistol Primers on the shelf, only 150 0.451" 230gr bullets and a pound of Unique, which will work. I start looking at loads and thought, maybe I should load some 200gr jacketed bullets or some 185's. I start to look online, which turned into hours, and it's pretty much bare shelves on bullets, powder and LP primers. Wow!

The good news is, I have thousands of 9mm and plenty of rifle loads, so all good in case the SHTF. But I would still like to load some 45 ACP and build inventory back up.

So, I took a look at my inventory and thought, I could use some more 45 ACP loads. I'm down to 200 loaded rounds of 230gr JHP. I have 2,500 Large Pistol Primers on the shelf, only 150 0.451" 230gr bullets and a pound of Unique, which will work. I start looking at loads and thought, maybe I should load some 200gr jacketed bullets or some 185's. I start to look online, which turned into hours, and it's pretty much bare shelves on bullets, powder and LP primers. Wow!

The good news is, I have thousands of 9mm and plenty of rifle loads, so all good in case the SHTF. But I would still like to load some 45 ACP and build inventory back up.

I don't have thousands of 9mm rounds, but I do have thousands of bullets… mail day!

image0.jpg

I'm debating getting something in .45 Auto though since Large Pistol Primers seem to at least appear periodically unlike the SPP :(

I don't have thousands of 9mm rounds, but I do have thousands of bullets… mail day!

I'm debating getting something in .45 Auto though since Large Pistol Primers seem to at least appear periodically unlike the SPP :(
Did you count them yet, to make sure they didn't short you?

:ROFLMAO:

image0.jpg

Boolits!

Funny you say that, my LGS had 5-6k SPP on the shelf last time I visited.

Trying to find a Remington 870 shotgun & they are no where to be found here in Texas. Good grief.

Love my 870. I’ve got the Wingmaster and can shoot the 3” mags. Have the long barrel for waterfowl etc. Been my gun since I was 12 and have many good memories.

Really want to get a PD version and make it a home defense gun. So used to the 870, I figure it best to stick to the controls I’m so familiar with. Even shooting my 1100 I get turned around.

I solved the 45acp ammo low inventory issue. I found 850 rounds of 230gr FMJ, new in box, from an obscure place I know about for $0.50/round... which is about half price right now. It got delivered today. I also found some more factory rounds I had squirreled away in another steel cabinet. So, I now have about 1,200 rounds on the shelf. I feel better.

On a side note... I went over to my local Cabela's yesterday and they were pretty much bare shelves on powder... but they did have a few 1K count boxes of primers. I snagged a 1K box of LR, LRM and LP. They had no SR or SP or SPM. I also bought a 100 count bag of 44Mag brass. I loaded some 240gr JHP Hornady XTR's last night with one of my favorite loads of 24gr of H110 with a heavy crimp. These zip along at 1,350fps out of my S&W 629 and Ruger Super Blackhawk. Perfect for zombies.

One of the coolest things with the 44Mag in low light conditions is the 2-3 foot diameter fireball at the muzzle when it goes off. I can bring indoor range activity to a halt, with one shot. :LOL: a year and a half ago, a guy was teaching his GF (or wife) how to shoot with a 22LR or some such, next door to my stall. I was shooting 9mm and 45acp but then switched over to the 629.

FLASH!!!! / BOOM!!!! She freaked out! WHAT WAS THAT???? Hahahahaha...!!! I popped my head around the partition and then promptly offered to let her shoot it. She declined. They waited while I went through a few cylinders of loads. Apparently, it made her too jumpy, to shoot. She was happy when I left.

She had never heard a big bore magnum go off before. Even with hearing protection, it is still fairly onerous if you are close enough to sense the pressure change. And the funny thing is, my buddies 454 Casull is even more dramatic than the 44Mag. The Casull is awesome!

Love my 870. I’ve got the Wingmaster and can shoot the 3” mags. Have the long barrel for waterfowl etc. Been my gun since I was 12 and have many good memories.

Really want to get a PD version and make it a home defense gun. So used to the 870, I figure it best to stick to the controls I’m so familiar with. Even shooting my 1100 I get turned around.
I had a 12ga 870 way back, with a 20" rifle sight slug barrel chambered for 3" shells. I used to hunt feral hogs with it in south Florida. That thing hurt with just a t-shirt on. Black and blue for days.

This is why I decided to take the plunge and start reloading. Went with a Dillon XL 750 and all the goodies, can't wait for it to arrive!
I haven't reloaded in a few years. I just have an old Lee press along with dies for a .308 (RCBS) and .243 (Lyman). The .243 die needs to be replaced. Now that all the equipment is purchased, it's very affordable and even a novice like me can produce some very accurate ammunition.

It's been more than just a great hobby and I really miss it. Not sure if I'll continue to reload or not. My oldest son really took to it so I'll probably give him all the equipment at some point.

Boolits!

Funny you say that, my LGS had 5-6k SPP on the shelf last time I visited.

Do they ship? I will call there and buy them all!

One of the coolest things with the 44Mag in low light conditions is the 2-3 foot diameter fireball at the muzzle when it goes off.
Not to mention you can feel the air briefly compress when it's lit :)

I can bring indoor range activity to a halt, with one shot. :LOL: a year and a half ago, a guy was teaching his GF (or wife) how to shoot with a 22LR or some such, next door to my stall. I was shooting 9mm and 45acp but then switched over to the 629.

FLASH!!!! / BOOM!!!! She freaked out! WHAT WAS THAT???? Hahahahaha...!!!
A buddy and I were shooting indoors one day when a guy a few lanes down did that. We didn't freak out, but we did stop, look at each other, go "That must've been a .44 Mag." Sure enough: It was. Guy offered to let us give it a go, and we did.

It was a handful, but I don't know as it was any worse than full-load .357 Mag out of a 2" bbl., 5-shot, pocket revolver or full-load Buffalo Bore 10mm out of a G29.

The indoor range I belong to days you can shoot anything up to 50BMG.

I brought in mine just to do it.

FWIW 50BMG at 25 yards is like sandblasting a Ritz cracker.....

The indoor range I belong to days you can shoot anything up to 50BMG.

I brought in mine just to do it.

FWIW 50BMG at 25 yards is like sandblasting a Ritz cracker.....
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ROFLMAO:

Not to mention you can feel the air briefly compress when it's lit :)

A buddy and I were shooting indoors one day when a guy a few lanes down did that. We didn't freak out, but we did stop, look at each other, go "That must've been a .44 Mag." Sure enough: It was. Guy offered to let us give it a go, and we did.

It was a handful, but I don't know as it was any worse than full-load .357 Mag out of a 2" bbl., 5-shot, pocket revolver or full-load Buffalo Bore 10mm out of a G29.
Yup! they are not too bad. I enjoy shooting my two. The 454 Casull is on another level... that one you have to actually control all of the recoil.

Back