Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the overboard tacticool AR's are amusing.

tacticoolAR15.jpg

That kind of looks like mine. Most of the time I just use a rear flip up sights, no fore grip

Sent from my iPhone 5, using Tapatalk 2

I think the overboard tacticool AR's are amusing.

tacticoolAR15.jpg

I can't decide whether I'm in awe and want it, or want to laugh....the accessories have got to be as heavy as the gun

Dan

I want my AR as light as possible.

Mine as is, is to heavy. But I wanted a free float rail and optics.

I'll be looking into a lightweight stock next, and maybe moving to an eotech aim point or acog.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I want my AR as light as possible.

Mine as is, is to heavy. But I wanted a free float rail and optics.

I'll be looking into a lightweight stock next, and maybe moving to an eotech aim point or acog.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

My KAC AR has a fee float. Freaken awesome.

As far as light weight, check out a tiny trijicon red dot or even an aimpoint, mine lasts for ever, I forget the exact specs but they say it lasts 100s of hours on a single battery. Not to heavy or bulky either, but if you want light weight get some magpul flip up sights, they are pretty much all polymer and solid, but light haha

I can't decide whether I'm in awe and want it, or want to laugh....the accessories have got to be as heavy as the gun

Dan
Like this?

optics are as expensive as a complete rifle lol

What did you get?

I'm looking at a small frame kimber. They had one for $600 ish. It felt great

It will look much like this one, it's a Ruger SR1911 Commander, this one is not mine but it's a guy i know, who added the front strap checkering much like i will.

SR1911Commander004_zps6a9e2249.jpg

but with either of these two grips
VZ-FRAG-BG_1_zpsf6056617.jpg

JStactical_zps3a661336.jpg

My KAC AR has a fee float. Freaken awesome.

As far as light weight, check out a tiny trijicon red dot or even an aimpoint, mine lasts for ever, I forget the exact specs but they say it lasts 100s of hours on a single battery. Not to heavy or bulky either, but if you want light weight get some magpul flip up sights, they are pretty much all polymer and solid, but light haha

I have magpul mbus rear sight, front sight is incorporated into the gas block (flip up YHM hooded sight)

Right now a Vortex 1-4 sits on it, it's just a bit to heavy, for my liking.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

048A76D8-orig.jpg

313AEDB9-orig.jpg

1A2152EA-orig.jpg

There are my two babies.

I have more but those are my favorite

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

pe3u5u3y.jpg

Like this?

ummmmmmmmm.................. I wish I had 270 rounds to burn on hip-firing stupidity like these guys...

Dan

ummmmmmmmm.................. I wish I had 270 rounds to burn on hip-firing stupidity like these guys...

Dan

Hahah yeah me too, that looked like super expensive fun

I'm checking out a Glock 23, absolutely love it. I think i'll get that if my buddy doesn't sell me his H&K USP .45 compact

just ordered quad rails/ magpul angled foregrip/ single point sling and adapter/ and front and rear magpul mbus sights
stoked its coming together nicely

I spent the morning walking around the gun show today and I am actually pretty disappointed. I'd say that 80% of the stuff there was old or surplus used stuff, and the new stuff wasn't anything to write home about. I found a really awesome 50L so called "US Tactical backpack" by Mil-tec that I really liked, but I don't have a purpose for a camo backpack just yet so i didn't buy it.
I also noticed that it is darn near impossible to find a rifle with a nice looking stock. They were all that lighter coloured yellow wood, and not the deep and rich walnut look. What's up with that!?

I spent the morning walking around the gun show today and I am actually pretty disappointed. I'd say that 80% of the stuff there was old or surplus used stuff, and the new stuff wasn't anything to write home about. I found a really awesome 50L so called "US Tactical backpack" by Mil-tec that I really liked, but I don't have a purpose for a camo backpack just yet so i didn't buy it.
I also noticed that it is darn near impossible to find a rifle with a nice looking stock. They were all that lighter coloured yellow wood, and not the deep and rich walnut look. What's up with that!?
slim pickings... hopefully all the hype will die down soon and bring prices and availability back to earth

If you're willing to put in the time it is fairly easy to strip and stain a real wood stock any color you want.

Walnut, especially quality walnut is expensive. Laminate, and synthetic holds up better, is easier to care for, lighter, and cheaper.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I like the look of laminate stocks and even they're hard to come by.

My friend got a Zastava at Christmas in the kind of mustardy yellow wood colour and stripped it in his bath tub. It turned out pretty nice but not like his CZ.

just picked up 3 troy battlemags for $18 a pop

Guns....

just picked up 3 troy battlemags for $18 a pop

Troy industries makes some solid stuff, great buy

well here are a few pics of the latest addition , so far very impressed with fit, finish and balance, and for the price a top pick.

RugerSR1911CMD3_zpsc148398d.jpg

RugerSR1911CMD2_zps2ea4b734.jpg

well here are a few pics of the latest addition , so far very impressed with fit, finish and balance, and for the price a top pick.

RugerSR1911CMD3_zpsc148398d.jpg

RugerSR1911CMD2_zps2ea4b734.jpg

How much did you get that for? It looks fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back