• A Few Times A Month

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Gym? What's that?

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
There are so many gyms popping up around where I live. We have them in little strip mall locations, inside hospitals, inside work locations, and then set up as big buildings all by themselves. Each of them cover many different facets of health with trainers, nutritionists, juice bars, and numerous types of 'programs'.

I belong to LA Fitness and I have for almost 8 years now. It works for me because I have the ability to play basketball (my main form of cardio) whenever I want....and then I can lift or attend classes whenever I want as well. It's also nice because there are locations all around the US that I can use when I travel. I get there 4-5 times a week in the winter and then 2-3 in the summer as I tend to be out on the course, range or something else outdoors.

But there are many folks I know that pay for a membership and never go. I feel like a lot of them are the 'new year resolutioners' that sign up and after March are done for good.

So how about you? What type of 'gym person' are you? What do you look for if you are a member somewhere.

I belong but don't use it nearly as much as I should. Signed up at the end of 2014 and used it a lot to reach a goal by my birthday in February. Reached that, and then stopped going as much. I go infrequently now, but with recent injuries need to get back to going a lot more to rehab some stuff.

I am a gym person. My criteria. Squat racks must out number Smith Machines. Deadlift platform is preferred. Chalk must be allowed.

3 to 4 times a wee for the past three weeks that I have been home. The investment I made is driving it but the feeling I have after my work outs is unreal.

Last time I did the gym thing, I enrolled at an area junior college and took a workout class. You had to go two hours a week for the semester to get the credit (pass/fail). Cost was I believe 30 or 40 bucks for the credit hour. They had everything there from free weights to treadmills. Not bad for four months.

I've never really gone to gyms, so don't know what I should be doing if I were to go. I'm too self conscious anyways the times I've tried I freaked out a bit and then didn't end up going again. I need to figure out some stuff I should do and get set up at home so I can work out some.

I used to go and I miss it. I dont need some hardcore gym but I'm not a fan of the $10/month places either, just too many people for me.

I got lucky and found someone selling a gym so I was able to piece myself together a pretty nice home setup but previously I was a member at a local place. Squat racks are an absolute must and a place to deadlift as well. Platform would be a bonus and a lack of douche bags would be very nice lol. Not traveling far makes working out very convenient

I work for a living.........no gym needed.

I used to go multiple times a week, when I lived 6 min (walking) from the gym. I then moved (closer to the golf course) and now go maybe 2x/month. But that will change this year, I need to go more often, will go at least 1X/week.

I dont go but I need to start again. Put on to much weight in the past 2-3 years and I need to drop it.

Had a gym membership for a while. Never went so we dropped it.

3 to 4 times a wee for the past three weeks that I have been home. The investment I made is driving it but the feeling I have after my work outs is unreal.
Nothing like the feeling after and tough, strenuous, draining workout. It's addicting...

I voted "Gym, whats that?", but not because I don't work out, only because I don't do it at gyms because I hate gyms. I exercise at least 3-4 times a week (usually more) through running, skiing, hiking, and bodyweight exercises. Used to belong to a taekwondo dojang, but got tired of the regular time commitment - I like the flexibility of being able to work out at home or outside whenever I feel like it.

I voted on my previous habits (few times a month since I only went 6 times in December) but I need to be going 3-6 times a week.

3-4 times a week, but we have a small fitness center in the building that I work in, so I just go during lunch.

No excuses, but I end up losing motivation and end up wasting them. I have an elliptical and treadmill in the basement gathering dust.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I am lucky that my office has a nice sized gym. I go there in the mornings and shower on site and then walk 50 yards to my office. Doesn't hurt its free either.

I go on and off throughout the year, sometimes there is too much and other times it picks up the slack, no problem with that approach for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4-5 times a week. There are various cardio machines, a 4-lane track and all sorts of weight lifting set-ups. I'm mostly doing cardio these days, and I will probably take the summer off - I need more time for golf practice!

Started going back over the last few months and hit it 3+ times per week. I wish there was a non globo gym near my house.

Go to the YMCA near home with the Mrs. They are well stocked for free weights and have a dip station and pull-up bar.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am a gym person. My criteria. Squat racks must out number Smith Machines. Deadlift platform is preferred. Chalk must be allowed.

I miss my old gyms like that. Unfortunately around here the ones focused on power lifts kept closing up and new $10/month ones are everywhere.

My athletic club may not have the power lifting stuff that I like and the hammer strength stuff I like but I've been there now for almost 9 years. Monthly dues are $$$$$ but I have 2 weight rooms, ample cardio, daily classes, a locker room with a great steam room and laundry service, basketball court, spinning, an indoor lap pool and an outdoor pool during the summer. We also have a bar, great restaurants, cigars and a golf simulator. When I'm in town I'm there 5 days per week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked 3+ a week but am not a member of a gym. I workout out with my own equipment but when I was a member I was there 5 days a week

Back