Hammock Beach - Ocean Vs. Conservatory

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
We are taking a family vacation to Hammock Beach the last week of September. Wife has allowed me a day or 2 of golf.

I know many on here love this place but which course you choosing and why if I only get 1 round?

Depends on what you value. Conservatory has some great holes, but if you value 4-5 holes directly on the ocean you have to choose the ocean course.

On that same note if you are dealing with extreme wind or weather the conservatory will be more playable.

honestly, you should convince the wife to let you play both lol

Play the beach course if you are only playing one round. Its much more fun and less stressful. PLUS the views are amazing on 8/9 and 17/18

We are taking a family vacation to Hammock Beach the last week of September. Wife has allowed me a day or 2 of golf.

I know many on here love this place but which course you choosing and why if I only get 1 round?
Woah woah!!! Great to see you!!!
I like the Ocean Course as I think it is more visually appearing. The Conservatory Course is definitely more challenging. Note that Conservatory is about 15 mins from Hammock Beach resort.
I would do Ocean.

Given the chance to go back, I would play the Conservatory.

It's just a really great, scary, fun layout.
Scary is the perfect word.

I preferred the Conservatory course to the Ocean course, BUT I would recommend the Ocean Course for a single round, and here is why:

• On Property (Conservatory is like 15 minutes away)
  • Easier
  • Ocean Views

For me, the Conservatory is the better course. I know the Ocean course has been redone since I was last there, and the photos/reviews of THPers have been awesome. But I loved the layout of the Conservatory. The biggest issue for that one is that if you are staying on property, you have to drive to it.

Reluctantly, I will say Ocean. I have played both courses several times, and I like the Conservatory more as a course. But, for the reasons most have stated above, the Ocean course is more of a must play just for the views and the few ocean holes.

Another reason is that the Ocean course will feel more luxurious since you will be able to walk to and from it from the resort, and can be off the course and seeing your family by the pool in less than 5 minutes.

I'm with most others. If you have to pick go with the Ocean course for the views. Conservatory was beautiful in it's own way, but Ocean gets the nod from me.

Both great courses, but if you can only do 1 I'd say go for the Ocean course for the overall experience. The huge practice putting green by the Ocean is fun, and there are some really pretty ocean holes.

Conservatory was a great course too, you can't go wrong with either.

You will have more fun on the Ocean course, but it all depends on weather during that time of year..

I've played both and Conservatory is my favorite. Ocean has the wow factor and you have the convenience of it being where you are staying. They're both great choices.

If I was playing there for the first time, I'd choose Ocean because of the ocean holes and convenience.

Ocean if you like the views...and wind. I loved both Courses, but for a resort on the water, the Ocean course gives you that experience.

Both are fantastic but i would pick the Ocean course for one round every time! It is right there on property and you just cannot beat the views. When you are standing on the 9th tee you will see why! Enjoy the rounds.

For me, Conservatory. But, when I played out there the Ocean course was beat and pre renovation.

GOSH I wanna go back.

Play the beach course if you are only playing one round. Its much more fun and less stressful. PLUS the views are amazing on 8/9 and 17/18
This

For me, Conservatory. But, when I played out there the Ocean course was beat and pre renovation.

GOSH I wanna go back.
When was the renovation? I have to think our group was there post renovation because the ocean course was pretty solid

Reluctantly, I will say Ocean. I have played both courses several times, and I like the Conservatory more as a course. But, for the reasons most have stated above, the Ocean course is more of a must play just for the views and the few ocean holes.

Another reason is that the Ocean course will feel more luxurious since you will be able to walk to and from it from the resort, and can be off the course and seeing your family by the pool in less than 5 minutes.
Or if you hit it far enough right off the tee on 18 even sooner. 😂

Completed October 2017 after Matthew hit in October 2016.
Ahh, then yes after. Odyssey experience was there in 2019. It was really nice when we were there

GOSH I wanna go back.
Let’s do it!

Conservatory for me. The views on the ocean are fun, but the conservatory though… 😍

Having played both already, I'd pick The Conservatory if I could only play one.

If you've never played either, start with The Ocean Course, since it's right there and your family is, too.

Back