Have you ever gamed two putters at once

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm giving serious thought to 2 putters in bag. Love my Indi Allison for lags and texas wedge and it is pretty solid closer but recently have experimented with a 2nd putter that is better closer. So why not 2 putters. Have you ever tried that?

I have thought about it. For me it would be a broomstick for short putts and a regular length putter for longer putts. I have never done it though.

Yea it wasn’t a ‘real round’. But when I got the OMOI we won at the Victory cup I put it in the bag along with my Odyssey 5k and rolled the same putt with both of them for a round.

I had 2 putters in the bag for a practice round before the Morgan Cup this past year while deciding on which to game but I wouldn't play a serious round with 2. Takes up a spot in the bag that is better served for something more useful

One of the best players I have ever played with carried 3 putters. A real short one which was for 5 footers or less. He never missed. Then he had one for 5 to 20 foot and then another for long lags. Dude was a serious player in Philly area having won Philly Am and similar.

I had 2 putters in the bag for a practice round before the Morgan Cup this past year while deciding on which to game but I wouldn't play a serious round with 2. Takes up a spot in the bag that is better served for something more useful
Similar to this all the time..

Hard no.

Have thought about this. My long game has 3 hybrids that at times all go same distance. May replace one with a go to close range putter.

Nope. Not at the same time. Now will I switch putters from week to week? Of course. More often than not. Just depends on how I'm putting with the current one ;)

I’ve went back and forth but never 2 in the bag at once, indecision is a danger if my putting weakens.

The thought has crossed my mind but don't believe I ever actually did it. Have taken multiples to the putting green before a round to determine which I will bag for the round.

yep, sure did for a while.
I bought a 2 Ball Fang and it just wasn't doing it for me.
I added $18 Academy imitation 2Ball and did comparison rounds.
The Odyssey collects dust now.

Last couple of round I have.
I doing a little testing of a new putter grip, so my gamer for the past two years is riding back up.

No, never 2 in the bag at the same time. I have switched up from round to round but I have stuck with my current putter for about 7 months now. Why change what is working.

I've only done it while testing a new putter yet unwilling to commit solely to it for the entire round. I'd never consider it as the norm. If a putter doesn't click all of the boxes for me, then I'll find another.

Not a chance , a singular putter can give you more than sufficient anguish without doubling the putter population 🤣

I'm giving serious thought to 2 putters in bag. Love my Indi Allison for lags and texas wedge and it is pretty solid closer but recently have experimented with a 2nd putter that is better closer. So why not 2 putters. Have you ever tried that?
I have not, but it is in my head after my Saturday adventure in AZ a few weeks ago. My gamer's shaft became loose from the putter head.

I'm thinking of carrying two putters for that reason. I always have a 2nd putter handy in my car, but never in my bag.

Then again, when playing in 3 club tournaments I always l putted well with 7 Wood, so maybe that's still the answer.

Yes. But only for testing purposes.

Kinda, but it was more to protect a boutique putter from the random sandy green/ chemical salt stuff just in case I ran into it.

Yes. But only for testing purposes.
Same as Ddec. When trying new putters out I will often have two in the bag to compare to what I am currently gaming to get a feel for how the new one would benefit (or detract from) my game.

When one analyzes the data....putting on average is 30 plus times What other club comes close to that many uses. Having a putter that works best for long putts vs one for short putts would seem to offer better possibilities than having two clubs for 190 and 200.

When one analyzes the data....putting on average is 30 plus times What other club comes close to that many uses. Having a putter that works best for long putts vs one for short putts would seem to offer better possibilities than having two clubs for 190 and 200.
Oh, I dont mind someone using two putters, at all. If you have one that works for long lag putts and is a cant miss for short putts, then do it! For me, I prefer to find one putter that is an all arounder for me, that can do both. Which currently, I have.

Yes. I have used a toe-balanced heel-shafted putter for approach putts and a face-balanced belly putter for short makeable putts. It worked well, but I didn't like to have to take a club out of the bag to make room for the second putter.

Back