Hello from Colorado

Scottja

Reaction score
Handicap
HAHAHA!
I have wanted to play golf most of my life but every time I tried, I suffered great disappointment and frustration. It was always a situation where someone handed me a club and I swung at a ball without a clue and with little to no guidance from someone with experience. Fast forward to last summer and my wife got a new knee. Her surgeon listed a few sports she was allowed to participate in and golf sounded the most conducive to us spending time together. We both got a cheap set of clubs (mine are Callaway Strata) and took 5 group lessons at the local Air Force Base course (I'm active duty military). Things were different this time. Not only did I like it, but I could feel the addiction taking hold. I should have gotten lessons decades ago.

Immediately following the last lesson, I had to head out of town for a month and was unable to play but I am doing my best to make up for lost time now. I have a net and mat in the garage and I am smacking 30-40 balls into it every day (often more). The temperatures in Colorado Springs are not conducive to the range or the practice greens at the moment so I'm making do as I can. Since I jump into most hobbies I pick up with both feet, and I was lead into temptation by CPO's awesome sale last week, I am now the proud father of XR irons wedges, hybrids, woods, and a GBB driver. I also have a couple Odyssey putters inbound. Half of it is my fault and the other half I can blame on Santa/the wife. They are so beautiful (the wife and the clubs). Santa has also put a push cart, cart bag, and some training aids under the tree for me.

I'm waiting on some very important information that will influence when and where my next assignment will be and that should come within the next 14 or so days. If I get to stay where I'm at until the summer I'm planning to take some indoor lessons at (can I name the place here?) a place near me while it is too cold to go outside. Anyone with suggestions/warnings about indoor lessons around Colorado Springs, please PM me. The place I'm looking at has several Groupons which will let me try the instructor out before I commit to a series of lessons. While I loved the pro at my local course, lessons there would be hit or miss since we would have to wait for days that he was working on and that were also warm enough to be outside.

Thanks to everyone for all the information I have gleaned by lurking here for the past few months and thanks in advance for all I will learn as I mature in the sport. I look forward to talking about my growing skill and whining about my frustrations to all of you.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP and thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the Colorado crew!!! ?

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome fellow coloradoan!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Welcome...glad to see another Colorado member! Congrats on the new irons! Can't wait for spring...or any warming day with no snow!

Welcome to thp

:welcome:

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

What a great tie of the year to join. Welcome and look around there is a lot to see. Nice to have you here.

Welcome to THP!
Some great THP'ers in CO!

Hello from Colorado

Welcome to THP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!!

Air Force? Well, you seem like a nice guy anyway. :smile-big: Watch out for the Navy/Marines around here, I'm not sure that they're current on their shots. :alien:

Go Army! Beat Navy!

:welcome:

Back