Hitting into people

This! If someone ever does this at an outing, they wont come to another one.
I have such a problem with this its ridiculous. Slow play sucks. Either play earlier or dont play.
I dont care if its a big hitter looking to pound their chest and say look what I can do, or somewhat trying to finish, I have witnessed someone have to get rushed to the emergency room with blood flowing like crazy because some kid was impatient.

i couldn't agree more i can't believe people would do this on purpose. im starting to wonder what legal ramifications there could be if you hit someone. i mean if i got hit and had medical issues you better believe im looking to find out if i can at least sue them for my medical bills.

Really zero difference? How? Theres a big difference and to say there isn't is just stupid. And yeah and fify
Well if I hit my drive 200 yds and while I'm setting up to my shot a ball hits me. What is the difference? It's not like no one ever drove it that far or short or right or left cause I'm right there. You can call me a jerk, surely I've been called worse. But I don't suffer fools gladly. Anytime a guy pulls driver before the group has cleared 300+ yds is taking the chance.

I don't care if you are playing golf or in a group tiddly winks competition, there's always that guy! I have very little self control when someone hits into me if its straight down the middle, ever. I know everyone's in a hurry, but whats the upside? You just catch up quick to wait again?

I just went through this a couple weeks ago when some hot shots hit one that rolled into us. I let it go and when the group in front of us cleared we continued to the green. Standing on the green another ball fly's in, hits next to me and bounds off the back. These boys do not play at that course anymore. I'm not real sure what they thought as I was walking back down the fairway carrying a club, but I'm sure they knew they goofed up. Common sense and some people just don't seem to mix well.

I almost rolled one up on the group ahead of me at the outing in may. It wasn't terribly close, but I felt like a dbag. I was getting used to a 3wood that I somehow hit just as far as my driver. They knew it was an accident, and were great about it, but I still felt like a chump.

I don't care if you are playing golf or in a group tiddly winks competition, there's always that guy! I have very little self control when someone hits into me if its straight down the middle, ever. I know everyone's in a hurry, but whats the upside? You just catch up quick to wait again?

I just went through this a couple weeks ago when some hot shots hit one that rolled into us. I let it go and when the group in front of us cleared we continued to the green. Standing on the green another ball fly's in, hits next to me and bounds off the back. These boys do not play at that course anymore. I'm not real sure what they thought as I was walking back down the fairway carrying a club, but I'm sure they knew they goofed up. Common sense and some people just don't seem to mix well.

I've always said that golf is a honorable game played by many less than honorable people. These are the people we need to get off the course.

It would be hard to be upset at someone who just sliced or pulled the crap out of the ball into a fairway next to you. That happens. It's hitting into someone in front of you that blows.

I don't like getting hit in to at all and try not to ever do it. One thing I think it wouldn't bother me is having a ball roll up on the green on a par 4 from someones drive. That is a rare occurrence and I think I would congratulate them rather than be mad.

It was a mistake, simple as that, had I known I was going to hit the best drive of the day on 18 I wouldn't have hit the shot. Learned something that day for certain.

And banned from the course? Lol that course has 4 holes in a row back and forth where drives/second shots come at you while in the middle of the fairway..no one yells or anything most times. If I got a dollar for every time I was hit into at that course I could buy apple haha.

Everyone hates slow play, but there is never a good reason to intentionally hit into someone. You waited until "they were near their carts"?

So was it intentional at first but now its not? I hope you realize that there could be not so good consequences of hitting a ball at others.

There is a HUGE difference between hitting a ball at someone by mistake and hitting a ball at someone on purpose. Huge difference.

This by Hoosier

It would be hard to be upset at someone who just sliced or pulled the crap out of the ball into a fairway next to you. That happens. It's hitting into someone in front of you that blows.

Exactly dude, or wait till we clear the green/fairway and are out of harms way. If you know you're slicing or hooking everything, dont hit when someone is in harms way (around the green ish).

Played last week on 18 and it was with like 10 minutes of sunlight left well the twosome in front of us was playing slower than our foursome. I decided to hit just to rush us along plus they were just walking around without their cart. Well I'm sure it came right near them while I yelled out to them I knew that my ball wouldn't be where I hit. And sure enough when we drove up a ball was not to be found I knew they have either hit it away or had picked it up..Kinda mad me mad but I knew better I just wanted to get the round in.

Wow. just wow. I agree with what most people have already said-this is the most irresponsible, disrespectful, dangerous thing to do on a golf course.

This is a prime example of the difference between it just happening by mistake and doing it on purpose. BIG difference. Both people hitting the shots are both "sorry" but in a different way.

It makes no difference at all what the group in front of you is doing or not doing, none, your opinion about what they are doing makes no difference. If they don't wave you through onto the green or clear the fairway and wave you through then you don't hit until they clear out completely. If I hear a ball hit the ground behind me it is too close and whoever hit it is going to hear about it from me.

This is a prime example of the difference between it just happening by mistake and doing it on purpose. BIG difference. Both people hitting the shots are both "sorry" but in a different way.

I agree completely. I have only ever been hit into once, and I think it was an accident for sure as he was sincerely apologetic.

As if I didn't feel bad? Jump on me all you want but atleast I yell compared to others I have known say "oh that'll never get there." I never take that chance I always yell weather it's a slice, hook no matter the shot. Atleast I told a true story unlike some people on here. I learned something and it won't happen again.

As if I didn't feel bad? Jump on me all you want but atleast I yell compared to others I have known say "oh that'll never get there." I never take that chance I always yell weather it's a slice, hook no matter the shot. Atleast I told a true story unlike some people on here. I learned something and it won't happen again.

Well you do you a hit 195 yard 7i, 179 yard AW and 93 yard PW. I would just think you keep the shot in the holster till its clear.

I'm going to go to the range today, set up my balls, turn side ways, and fire balls at my range mates.

It's ok, chosen1, you learned a valuable lesson and that's all that matters.

I'm going to go to the range today, set up my balls, turn side ways, and fire balls at my range mates.

Just make sure to yell fore.

Hahaha that one made me laugh.

there's minimal legal ramifcations.....you inherently assume risk by playing golf plus you'd have to prove intent on the other party/parties as well.

i couldn't agree more i can't believe people would do this on purpose. im starting to wonder what legal ramifications there could be if you hit someone. i mean if i got hit and had medical issues you better believe im looking to find out if i can at least sue them for my medical bills.

Big +1 man.....

Really zero difference? How? Theres a big difference and to say there isn't is just stupid. And fify

yeah i guess youre right hanks... i always try to be extra careful and now that i have my rangefinder i pin the players if im unsure. plus im usually hitting last anyway if theres someone slow in front of us.

The only time I hit at someone is if they are in a caged cart picking up balls. Then it's game on!!!

there's minimal legal ramifcations.....you inherently assume risk by playing golf plus you'd have to prove intent on the other party/parties as well.

Big +1 man.....

While I agree that we all assume a level of risk when we step on the course, I also know that use to have a guy that was notorious for hitting into people at my home course. He was kicked out a few times and finally banned for life. One of our attorney members told us that there could be a point in time given this guys documented history, that he would open himself as well as the course for legal action if someone got hurt because of his actions. We banned him so we would never get to the point of legal issues.

The only time I hit at someone is if they are in a caged cart picking up balls. Then it's game on!!!

I know it is all fun and games, but as a course worker I never have understood this train of thought either? We close the range to pick balls because of this very thought.

I dunno, I never hit the range guy, but at a range that is now closed I used to make bets with him for free buckets. Nice fella (he owned the range.)
I know it is all fun and games, but as a course worker I never have understood this train of thought either? We close the range to pick balls because of this very thought.

Back