Houston Area THP group

Any Houston area THPers want to join my buddy and me at The Golf Preserve of Atascocita tomorrow around Noon? I think the green fee is about $30, and that's all day if you want to play 27 or 36 or more.

Wish I could, but I'll be stuck at work. How's the course looking nowadays? That place used to tear me up as a junior golfer before the name change.

Wish I could, but I'll be stuck at work. How's the course looking nowadays? That place used to tear me up as a junior golfer before the name change.

It's doing very well considering it's the first year back after being closed. They put new greens in and when they are rolling fast, the course can be VERY difficult. That was the knock though on the old course - the greens were SO SLOW.

They used the same grass as Walden has; plus they redid the bunkers using the same people Walden did on theirs.

Overall, it is in great shape and very fun to play. It requires you to move the ball both directions from the tee. The greens are small and firm, with subtle sloping and contouring that makes it difficult to get up and down. So while it isn't a long course, it is challenging.

Any Houston area THPers want to join my buddy and me at The Golf Preserve of Atascocita tomorrow around Noon? I think the green fee is about $30, and that's all day if you want to play 27 or 36 or more.

I would love to, but the new job has my schedule a little crazy right now. Once I figure out my 9/80 schedule I'll touch base.

Wish I could also but I am having electrical issues at my home and tomorrow is the only day I could get the electrician out. He is supposed to show up between 10AM tomorrow and next Tuesday. :)

What's up gents, got a couple spots open to play Riverbend next Thursday starting at 1. Playing w 8 other guys so room for 3.

man yall don't have regular 9-5s? yall are living the dream playing on weekdays.

man yall don't have regular 9-5s? yall are living the dream playing on weekdays.
I'm salaried so if I work 10 one day another I work 6, as long as I don't do it too often I'm good.

Good God, last post was made on 8/21 in this thread? It took me 20 minutes to even find this thread like on page 15 in the Golf forums. You were sandwiched between "Gender Fairness & Handicaps" and "How do you afford Golf". You guys need to be better. Speaking of better..........posted in the DFW thread which I found on page 1 of the form listings :D

"Posting this up again in case any of you Texas boys want to team up and enter to play. My partner and I have played in this since year 1 and it's a great time and a great price. 3 rounds of golf (unlimited really, you can play till sundown), 2 nights at Horseshoe Bay and entry into the tournament where at least 30% of the field will be in the money by Sunday for $445. Side skins game each day as well. Not to mention you get to hang with cwmonroe87 and myself!"

5th Annual Texas 2 Man $10K Challenge

Lol. That was a solid troll job. Not even going to lie.

Lol. That was a solid troll job. Not even going to lie.

I was thinking the same thing.... Only Nate can get away with it though.

Appears I have reached the 2 Houston members so my message has been received.

1343244548_wrestling_referee_makes_spectacular_entrance_zpso25nvpei.gif

:D

We're about quality over quantity down here

LirqL.gif

Anyone playing this week in the Houston area?

Any Saturday skins games going on? Me and my buddy are looking to play somewhere in the AM. We can always do the 9 AM Rack at Atascocita if there are no other options.

Man this thread has some dust on it!

I am off Friday, just thought I would see if anybody wanted to try and play before the next monsoon hits on Saturday

Man this thread has some dust on it!

I am off Friday, just thought I would see if anybody wanted to try and play before the next monsoon hits on Saturday

As soon as my schedule gets permanent I will have every other Friday off, & barring a blizzard or monsoon, I will be out there. Once that happens I'll let you know.

In the mean time, I'm traveling for work next week, but when I get back we'll schedule a round. I'll round up Jank & try to see if my friend can get us on at the Houstonian

Mods....please close the thread. I think it's run its course.

Hey Nate. Right on time... Moving to the Heights this weekend, so I'll be quite a bit closer for some golf!

Hey Nate. Right on time... Moving to the Heights this weekend, so I'll be quite a bit closer for some golf!

Nice dude! Switching jobs?

Nice dude! Switching jobs?
Not yet. Kinda looking around, but not in too big of a hurry. Just wanted a change of scenery.

Back