How Did You Choose Your Avatar?

after seeing a few others with cool golf action shots as their avatar and then being lucky enough to have @Nate capture a cool moment of me during the 2017 THP UST Mamiya Shaft Spectacular, I just had to see if it would work well as an avatar. It's been the one I've used the most. Originally I think I used some "leaf on the wind" inspired Firefly art. Oh, I did create a stack of UST Mamiya shafts that was my avatar for a little while at one point.

after seeing a few others with cool golf action shots as their avatar and then being lucky enough to have @Nate capture a cool moment of me during the 2017 THP UST Mamiya Shaft Spectacular, I just had to see if it would work well as an avatar. It's been the one I've used the most. Originally I think I used some "leaf on the wind" inspired Firefly art. Oh, I did create a stack of UST Mamiya shafts that was my avatar for a little while at one point.
I was known for capturing a few good ones from time to time.

Fitting, mine is my DOG. Turned 7 today.

My last tee shot at The Grandaddy, @mikeg_74 was able to take it.

Grandaddy.jpeg

You sure didn't pull your head up!

You sure didn't pull your head up!
Wish I would have solidified that. Bunker game is just one aspect that seems to have gone downhill over the last few years. 😕

Muffin juice

I’m an introvert, so this weenie dog was my best friend. RIP, Big Obie! Gawd, he hated it when Mrs. TLuke made him wear costumes.

I want a new one, I need to go exploring this weekend. Maybe I try to take one in the rain over the next two days. Seems fitting for this time of year.

Mine is Ripsqueak. We went to a wedding at Pebble Beach (the actual, "On the Lawn of the 18th Green" wedding) in 2008.We stayed in Monterey and I saw the drawing in a store there while we were walking around and bought it. I have used many other avatars temporarily, but it always come back to Ripsqueak.

ripsqueak avatar size.jpg

Mine is a picture of my Season and Grounds button from the 50th PGA Championship I attended at Pecan Valley Country Club when I was 14 years old. Still have the program and final days pairings and tee times hand out. Palmer, Nicklaus, Trevino, etc, etc.

Prior to even being selected for the 2018 #TheGrandaddy, I was a big Callaway fan, having used their equipment, almost exclusively, for several years. I entered a contest on Twitter to possibly win a commemorative staff bag celebrating the 2017 Open at Southport in the U.K. I'm not one usually lucky enough to win contests, but lo and behold, I won this one! It is a great looking staff bag that I keep in my office and I use a picture of it as my avatar not only because it looks great, but because I'm still a big Callaway fan.

We have had threads like this in the past, but probably time for a new one.

How did you pick your avatar or profile picture? And if you haven’t and are one of those people just using a letter, it’s time to add one before responding here.
Deadpool is my spirit character! And the Funko pop looks pretty cool

Once I set out to create a profile here, I knew what I had to do.

Me and my son during one of our rounds together. I need to update it, to be honest - he's a lot taller now!

Sam Eagle’s general disapproval of people reflects mine. I also often look like him.

@Tevenor designed it for me our Grandaddy year!

One of the coolest pictures I have of me playing golf. It had just rained and a full rainbow came out in front of me. It was a very cool experience.

I’ve been rotating them around for a while.

A picture of my new driver.

@Tevenor hooking me up for the GD 22. It will be staying for a long while.

Back