How do you yell FORE??

Mystery Meat

Ben Hogan Fan
Reaction score
Handicap
Bad Gas
After playing golf for so many moons , it's amazing some of the things you observe . For me , I'm always in awe of the voices people use when yelling "FORE" . Some grown men sound like a mouse , other tiny women sound like a megaphone . Maybe it is from the embarrassment of yelling " fore" but at times I just stand their and yell " fore" like a mouse after it lands . Not all the time as I hit as straight as Moe Norman ( insert joke here ) .

The " Fore" call is always a eye opener when hearing it

Anyone else relate : or have a certain unique "FORE"

If I see that I hit a shot toward someone, I will yell "FORE *direction* as loud as I can. Like FORE RIGHT or FORE LEFT.

Loud and proud. I own it lol!

edit: unless ATLGololfer is in front of me.

When I was in high school and playing on the school team (it was also our first year of ever playing golf). our coach had to scold us, "It is FORE. Not 7-3, 3+1 or 2x2." We never did that again.

If you hit the shot, you own it, so you should own the yell too. But, better to yell something than nothing.

If you hit the shot, you own it, so you should own the yell too. But, better to yell something than nothing.
Agree to this.
And if you don't I've been known to pick your ball up and throw it into random places

I generally yell Fore loud enough for the party any ball hit from my group (off the tee anyway) is headed towards can hear me. I don't yell a direction as "right" and "left" can mean different things to people ahead in the fairway, so instead I'll point whatever club I have in my hand in the direction (right or left) the ball is headed.

Loud and proud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Won't add anymore .. But this season , my goal is fo change my wimpy mouse " FORE" . To sound like as loud as a yeti call

" you hit it you own it " motto .. Love it

I yell it as loud as I can. Even if I think there's almost no chance of hitting someone, I yell it anyways because you never know who's where.

Last year I almost got drilled while standing on a tee box, missed me by about 2 feet. The guy who hit it came through the trees between where we were, when we asked why he didn't yell FORE he said he didn't know if anyone was on the tee so he didn't bother. So I yell it every time, even if I haven't seen anyone close to where the ball's headed.

Like others have said, it is my shot so Loud and Proud.

I yell violently as if I need to call it- someone could be in danger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If somebody hits towards me and doesn't yell fore so I can hear it and react, I think they're bellends that need to learn the game or go home. If I am anywhere near another player with my shot, I tell loud enough for the clubhouse to hear. It's courtesy and the right thing to do.

Don't be that guy.

I'll yell it loud if it's just simply going in the direction of somebody. Yelling fore doesn't necessarily mean you hit a bad shot (although 99% of the time it's attributed to it) but someone could just show up where you weren't expecting them. I see no embarrassment in yelling it loud on the course, the embarrassment comes when you find out you nearly hit somebody. And if that happens the first 2 words out of my mouth are "I'm sorry". Would rather yell it loud then end up hitting some unsuspecting golfer on the previous/next hole.

Had one experience on a 9th tee at a small city course where anyone with a club comes to play, even if there first ever golf swing is on the 1st tee. In the middle of hitting our tee shots we glance over to the 10th tee to see a group hitting, and the next second we have a ball landing not even 2 feet from us. Upset our group greatly. No Fore, and not even an apology when we crossed paths on the way to the green.

I yell "fore" plus the direction..... Even if they aren't close to where it will land. Just a courtesy

Tap tap taparoo

Loud and proud here too

I'll yell it loud if it's just simply going in the direction of somebody. Yelling fore doesn't necessarily mean you hit a bad shot (although 99% of the time it's attributed to it) but someone could just show up where you weren't expecting them. I see no embarrassment in yelling it loud on the course, the embarrassment comes when you find out you nearly hit somebody. And if that happens the first 2 words out of my mouth are "I'm sorry". Would rather yell it loud then end up hitting some unsuspecting golfer on the previous/next hole.

Had one experience on a 9th tee at a small city course where anyone with a club comes to play, even if there first ever golf swing is on the 1st tee. In the middle of hitting our tee shots we glance over to the 10th tee to see a group hitting, and the next second we have a ball landing not even 2 feet from us. Upset our group greatly. No Fore, and not even an apology when we crossed paths on the way to the green.

Sounds like Raber GC

I yell Fore Right or Fore Left loudly and hold my driver in that direction.
That's how the pros do it so it makes me feel cool.

If it looks like the ball might actually hit somebody I'll usually add an extra really urgent "Fore!".

I yell fore then the direction like most everyone else. I'll yell out the location too if I know where the ball is going. For example, on the course i play most, if I slice it off the 4th tee its going on to the tee box at 10. FORE ON TEN.

I yell Four.

The same way I'd yell at my kids to get out of the street of a car was coming...

Loud and proud.

I've got the hang of a quick, barking yell that comes straight from the diaphragm, like emptying your lungs in one syllable. I reserve it for "FORE" and yelling at my dog when she's doing something she really shouldn't.

If somebody hits towards me and doesn't yell fore so I can hear it and react, I think they're bellends that need to learn the game or go home. If I am anywhere near another player with my shot, I tell loud enough for the clubhouse to hear. It's courtesy and the right thing to do.

Don't be that guy.

I didn't know what 'bellends' was! I looked it up. Great Word!!

p.s. I also yell 'fore' as loud as possible!

Back