How Good Is Your Rain Gear

I have ProQuip PX5 Stormforce pants and jackets.

It's fantastic, but I rarely play in the rain. Bought for an annual buddy's trip that we play no matter the weather!

Sunderland is a cheaper version of Galvin, but just as waterproof.

Pockets hold a decent amount of dog treats as well.

Invested $90 in a Puma Storm jacket, best purchase ever! Puma bucket rain hat-not so good !
Was looking at couple Puma's that Budget had on Clearance.

1633093017840.png

I've got a couple halfway decent pieces of rain gear, but it's nowhere near what some of the guys wear when the weather turns.

How invested are you into your rain gear?
- Higher end quality, from hat to gloves to pants to jacket?
- It's more of a "water resistant" experience
- Still waiting for rain gear to not be so damn expensive

It's a must buy for a sales price.

I have Nike Storm Fit from 7 years ago - Jacket and Pants

Then I bought Galvin Green about 4 yrs ago and the Waterproof hat. Today would be a good day to wear them.

I keep the Nike Suit in the trunk of the car for emergencies.

Not that good... maybe because I don't play in the rain... 🤷‍♂️☕

It's a must buy for a sales price.

I have Nike Storm Fit from 7 years ago - Jacket and Pants

Then I bought Galvin Green about 4 yrs ago and the Waterproof hat. Today would be a good day to wear them.

I keep the Nike Suit in the trunk of the car for emergencies.
Tough to find Galvin Green on sale though, eh?

Tough to find Galvin Green on sale though, eh?

Went to golfposer (love the name) and it was discounted. Shipping was quick. If you buy enough, shipping is good, or was good. I have no idea now. I think rain gear is something you buy once a decade or so.

Sadly, nonexistent. I gave my rain gear away a couple of years ago to a high school kid who Couldn’t afford any, and I’ve just never replaced it since then.

Sadly, nonexistent. I gave my rain gear away a couple of years ago to a high school kid who Couldn’t afford any, and I’ve just never replaced it since then.
Are we about to do some rain gear shopping?

Where do you even start?

This is it:
IMG_1877.jpeg
A free LaRosa's windbreaker with a hood that I keep in my golf bag for any surprise rain. I really dislike playing in the rain so if DarkSky app doesn't give me a decent window I'd just rather not play.

Rain gear? I don’t own rain gear… It never rains when I play golf…

Wait, let me rephrase that…. I never play golf when it rains. 🤣

I need an upgrade. My pants were 25 years old and ripped. I have a cheap pair of Eddie Bauer pants that I wear to sporting events that I used this spring but I need some real rain pants. I have a Sun Mountain Rainflex quarter zip that is pretty good but could also use a new jacket. It may be a target for Christmas although I am also thinking about a push cart for next year.

We play pretty much in all conditions on the weekends so I definitely need an upgrade.

I have a pair of rain gloves and a half sleeve jacket that is kind of water resistant. Typically here when it rains it is pouring and/or thundering.

That’s the problem, I have literally no clue. :oops:

Well, since you only buy it once a decade...

They both have sales, usually around January. But getting the size you want...

I have rain gloves and a rain jacket. The only reason I have those is the deluge we had Saturday of the Graphite Challenge in 2019. Got a good deal at the pro shop!

I’ve thought about adding pants but then I remember I’ve only used the jacket twice.

I rarely play on the rain. I have a 1/4 zip I picked up from The Hideaway that works well, otherwise I’m in the clubhouse or at home when the rain hits.

In my mind, when I think of Rain Gear, Not only I'm I thinking about a 2 pc set you can buy for $50 somewhere, I'm also bring in Outerwear that will keep the "Chill" out during an brisk April or October Day that also happens to be waterproof.

I hate playing in the rain, though I still subject myself to the torture when it does. Supposed to rain all weekend for our member-member. I invested in good rain gear.

I have Zero Restriction rain pants that I LOVE. They're hot, but they're great for keeping dry. I also wear them when it's cold. I'll wear sweat pants underneath and I'm warm as can be. Have stirrups to attach to shoes, ventilation if you choose, etc. Believe it's the Pinnacle Pant, can't remember, I know it's the top of the line one (buddy worked there and I got 50% off).

For a rain jacket, I have a FJ short sleeved one. Also keeps me nice and dry.

FJ rain gloves. I'm super sensitive to wet hands. I lose all confidence if I don't play with two gloves in the rain.

Well, since you only buy it once a decade...

They both have sales, usually around January. But getting the size you want...

My issue with Kjus has been the european sizing and it tends to run a bit slimmer than I am.

Back