How Good Is Your Rain Gear

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I've got a couple halfway decent pieces of rain gear, but it's nowhere near what some of the guys wear when the weather turns.

How invested are you into your rain gear?
- Higher end quality, from hat to gloves to pants to jacket?
- It's more of a "water resistant" experience
- Still waiting for rain gear to not be so damn expensive

As good as an Emperor's New Clothes setup can be I think. Meaning, no investment, and no gear.

The day I plan that hard to play in the rain is the day I need to quit golfing. As long as there's something protecting my clubs, I'm either good to go, or wait and go, or I'm done for the day. I've never understood rain gear for golfing.

Non existent…and probably over 10+ years old.

What’s rain gear??

I don't have specific golf wear that is rain gear but I have lightweight fishing rain gear that works well, keeps me dry and does its job, also have some rain gloves. I don't play in the rain that often so paying the high prices of fully waterproof golf rain gear just doesn't make sense.

I am a man from Georgia, and we are actually waterproof.
One of the many great things we are capable of!!!

My secondary rain gear is ok, but not great since I received it from a work function.

I have gear that I’m happy with. Found a FJ DryJoys Tour jacket for a great price on the ‘bay and a pair of UA pants on clearance last year. Both are very necessary around here if I want to make the most of the golf season!

I also carry an umbrella and FJ rain gloves on every round.

I have a light water-resistant shell (Zero Restriction), a slightly heavier water-resistant jacket (Columbia), and an actual rain jacket with a hood (Columbia). We don't get much rain here other than the occasional thunderstorm during the monsoon, and if it's anything other than a brief thunderstorm I won't be out playing golf in it.

High end, but man does it not breathe. Or at least, Florida breathe. My clothes stay dry but I get the sauna treatment :/

I have a Sunice rain jacket that is amazing. I refuse to pay that kind of money for pants though

Rain gloves, jacket, towel. That’s the extent of my rain gear.

I just make sure to bring soap when it rains.

I'm reality, I have enough camping stuff to stay dry if necessary but I probably just wouldn't golf if it was raining. Snow on the other hand...

High end, but man does it not breathe. Or at least, Florida breathe. My clothes stay dry but I get the sauna treatment :/
THat is the other awkward part... Fully loading up in summer heat, regardless of rain, is brutal.

THat is the other awkward part... Fully loading up in summer heat, regardless of rain, is brutal.

It’s sincerely awful. Would have loved all of it a couple weeks ago, oh but wait I didn’t bring my bag :(

Mine is pretty good. I love the pants actually. They get a bunch of use in the spring/fall. Pass through pockets are a must.

I have adequate jackets, pack extra towels,, but man, played with rain gloves earlier this year and can't believe how much they improve grip when it's wet out.

I have had for over 10 years at least a zero restriction jacket and pants (black) both with Gore-Tex. Unfortunately they’re not a great colour match because they’re I’m sure they’re from different years but they do the job but I rarely if ever wear them when the temperature is warm because breathability is not very good. I only really wear them if it’s a real steady rain or downpour. Plus for whatever reason as I age they seem to shrink even when stored in the backseat of the truck, especially around the midsection.

I usually don't even bother with a rain jacket during summer rain storms. I don't really mind getting wet as long as it's not cold, and when the rain stops and the sun comes back out you're going to be soaking wet from the heat/humidity anyway! :LOL:

I have so much but mostly from fishing. Thousands of dollars worth. My golf rain gear I think I spent about $100. It works but I’d like to get something a bit better. Maybe once the boat is sold.

My complete rain gear consists of a wide brim, water proof hat. That it.

At 5" or less average rain per year, that hat is all I need.

Most of our rain fall happens in July/August in the form of thunder boomies. Usually they drop their water and move on in just a few minutes.

These fast moving storms usually have lightening associated with them, which keeps me off the course when they are around

Galvin Greene it wasn't cheap.....but whilst going to Scotland/Ireland...gotta have something good

Back