How Has Your Apparel Changed In 10-20 Years?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
What about your apparel has changed since the start of the new Century, or even ten years ago.

Did you go from black belt to white belt to braided belt?
Did you go from mega baggy khakis to split hemmed white to joggers?
Were you in the plaid pant/short movement?
Was it Nike all the way back in the day, with a new brand taking hold nowadays?

Or have you been basic for 20 years now? :ROFLMAO:

A lot less cotton. Anything new I buy is a performance fabric.

Oh, and something called Cloudsoun has become a staple :love:

Went from cotton to the dry-fit type of materials. Other than that, I've always been basic.

A lot less cotton. Anything new I buy is a performance fabric.

Oh, and something called Cloudsoun has become a staple :love:
If it's anything like Cloudspun, I bet it's awesome :ROFLMAO:

Definitely moved off of cotton. I probably wear a lot less stripes than I used too. That mainly has to do with being a lot rounder than I used to be.

Definitely moved off of cotton. I probably wear a lot less stripes than I used too. That mainly has to do with being a lot rounder than I used to be.
what kind of stripes?

Back in the day, the big wide stripes were all the rage. Nowadays, I love the super thin striped polos.

Definitely no cotton on the golf course. No cargo shorts and I rarely even wear black shoes anymore. You’ve got to coordinate!

I still remain very similar to how I was 20 years ago. I have always been a little more conservative in dress and apparel choices.

More tech materials instead of cotton (especially in polos), more solid colors instead of stripes/patterns, longer shorts and shorter socks.

Last edited:
I went from boring to pretty loud, to somewhere in the middle.

The brightness of my shirts has decreased in lock-step with my metabolism.

Like others, I’ve moved on from cotton for performance fabric. Other than that, I’m still solid color pants or shorts, some stripes or patterned shirts and a belt that matches my pants. No black belt unless I’m wearing black leather dress shoes. White belt is very rare.

I used to wear long sleeved oxford style shirts to work. Now I wear polos.
My work pants went from khakis and chinos to slacks.

I still wear jeans when not at work. And some of my t-shirts are older than the time span you're asking about.:eek: But they're in good shape. (y)

Almost no cotton. And it's way smaller. 15 months ago I was 2 to 3 xl and 46 to 48 waist. Today, I am L to XL and 36 waist. Going back in time - the clothes were mostly louder - but that was mostly waned, socks were longer - crazy socks are worn with long pants and business attire. And sizes were not as small as they are today, but also not as large as they were 15 months ago.

And, blade collars - (y) - I own 3 shirts with them - get complimented when I wear them.

And, blade collars - (y) - I own 3 shirts with them - get complimented when I wear them.

It's like when you see a really ugly baby. You reflexively have to stare. Then you get caught, you can't say what you are thinking so you have to say "what a cute baby"

what kind of stripes?

Back in the day, the big wide stripes were all the rage. Nowadays, I love the super thin striped polos.
Oh yeah, I wear the super thin not super high contrast stripes. Just the bigger high contrast stripes I am not a fan of anymore. Examples of stripes I still wear. 20210608_172916.jpg

I’m in Fla so yeah no cotton. Ever. My go to is a loud shirt with chill pants or chill shirt with loud pants. Sometimes both chill pants and chill shirt. But never loud pants and a loud shirt. I’ve been accused of wearing to much white and tan during the summer. I call it my Steve Stricker look. I have 7-8 white shirts and hats that I wear all summer. Stay cool and tee off at 645am!

A lot less cotton. I have never owned a white belt. I think overall my clothes are a bit more fitted less baggy.

Oh, and I dont wear cargo shorts any more..

No more cotton for me. It’s all performance fabric, which works quite well in AZ. Oh, and I no longer own jean shorts. 😆

This is the second time today you have got me to call myself basic. I'm going to take some time out to rethink my life.

10 years ago I didnt own any golf shorts or golf pants. Jean and and cargo shorts were the norm...I can hear the gasps now. I now wear golf shorts or pants everytime I golf and buy better quality polos to play in, typically Puma, Adidas or UA. Most of the colors are pretty basic though.

No cotton.
All moisture-wicking polyester.
Lots of Puma.
One Carolina blue shirt, but it was worth it.

Back