How High Do You Tee Your Driver

This. By doing so, teeing it lower will cause large amounts of spin. (Talked to GolfTEC about this during GG's fitting). It can lead to increasing side spin as well.

I remember someone saying this exact thing to me. I've always figured teeing it higher would result in higher shots.

Tad, I try the tee green line showing method. Maybe a little more. Honestly though I'd love some help with it. I feel like if I was more consistent with that I'd hit the ball better off the tee.

I've been aiming for about 1/3 of the ball to be above the clubhead when I ground it behind the ball.

Initial impressions of others with the F12 driver in the forum testing thread were that it seemed to like the ball teed lower than other drivers. I found that shortening the shaft did far more to improve results than messing with the tee height.

If I'm at a range with mats, I do wind up having to hunt around to find one with a rubber tee which is the right height - most are too high.

Ken

I had been teeing it up do that half the ball was above the driver head at address, but in the last month I have lowered it to where the top of the ball is just above the top of the driver head. I'm hitting it farther and straighter.

This. By doing so, teeing it lower will cause large amounts of spin. (Talked to GolfTEC about this during GG's fitting). It can lead to increasing side spin as well.

I've noticed this. Teeing it up higher I hit a good fade, but I ran out of longer tees and teed it up to where there was 1/4 of an inch between the top of the ball and the top of the driver and sliced it twice.

I've also noted, for myself, that when I do not tee it up as high, my concentration on contact is better. Guess I quit thinking about all the other "stuff" and know the swing has to be fluid with minimal room for error?

I tee mine pretty low, seems that I get a more solid impact doing so. I've probably got at absolute most 1/8 ball over the driver head at rest.

I tee it a bit lower when I want to hit a fade... Adds a bit more spin for me.

I have half the ball above the driver face. To me, it seems that tee height varies. I've seen a few players that tee the ball up so none of the ball is above the driver head, yet others that tee it up 3/4 above the face, and both hit it pretty far and straight.

I tend to tee it about 1/4 ball above the crown for most shots. a little higher if I'm really trying to go at it, but I tend to then slice it. I tee much lower and a bit back in my stance when trying to keep it down in the wind.

1/2 above the clubhead and I play the ball across from my left breast pocket, if I had a pocket. Any farther forward and it's hook-city for me. I will tee it lower and/or a ball length toward center to play a fade, though.

A buddy of mine tees it low, I'd think too low but he pounds the ball out there a consistent 270 yards, so who am I to say?

I have started using Pink castle tees. When I used wooden tees I would never get the same height every time, with the pink ones it is the perfect height. Not sure if you get them in the states but in the UK it puts the top edge of the driver halfway up the ball.

Second line on the THP tees for me, I won 2 packs of them back at the start of April. I'm still on the first long tee and have broken one of the short ones

Back