How High Do You Tee Your Driver

To the last line of the THP Tees is barely visible to the grass. That is one of the things I absolutely love about them.

Have to agree, much more showing above the driver head and it want's to fly. Can be useful in some situations though...

IMAG0653.jpg

I tee it up to where no more than a 1/4" of the ball is above the driver. I have been using the Pride Golf 2 3/4" tees with the marks on them for consistency, but might need to check out the THP tees, they look like they would serve the same purpose.

Would anyone say those who tee lower have an advantage going driver off the deck, or does it play any role. I know I am confident with going off the deck and don't know if there is any correlation to my tee height. Just a thought.

I tee it low, not much if any of the ball is above the clubhead. Anything higher and i sky it.

Which is odd because with my old drivers i teed it up as high as i could.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Would anyone say those who tee lower have an advantage going driver off the deck, or does it play any role. I know I am confident with going off the deck and don't know if there is any correlation to my tee height. Just a thought.
I don't think that has any correlation at all, the ball is still well above the ground even when teeing it low with the driver.

It depends on the shot I am trying to hit.
If it's just a straight to slight fade I want, then I tee it so half the ball is above the top of the face.
For a harder draw or hook, I tee it a little higher.
If I want the cut shot, then it's a little lower than normal.

Kind of high.

I tee the ball up low, about to where when I groud the club the top of the ball is BELOW the crown of the club. Maybe two inches off the ground total?

BDG

Depends on the shot. Into the wind I will tee down some and move back in my stance, with wind carry I will tee higher than I should. My standard is 1/2 ball above the driver head.

Duey, If you tee it lower do you put more spin on the ball?

I tee my driver pretty low, usually 1/4 ball above driver head, but I don't ground my driver anymore so I actually have no idea. It's not high though and I've never been more accurate.

I'm pretty steep into the ball, and my previous driver was....400CC seems right. When I switched, I had been going 1/2 ball, but with the larger head it seems I tee it up now so that less than 1/4 of the ball is above the face, often less but not to the point of the top of the ball being even with the top of the driver.

I'll tee it high (1/2 or more showing) if I'm trying for a hook (draw indicates a degree of control over the flight I lack). Maybe also if I have a big tailwind.

I think it all depends on your swing, but in general teeing it high allows you to catch the ball on the upswing, leading to more carry and possibly more distance. I normally make contact at the bottom of the swing, so that doesn't really work for me.

Duey, If you tee it lower do you put more spin on the ball?

Not that I've really noticed, if anything topspin. The ball flies very low like Tiger stinger only not as far, lol. I do have the habit of pulling that shot left some.

1/2 above the driver

Not that I've really noticed, if anything topspin. The ball flies very low like Tiger stinger only not as far, lol. I do have the habit of pulling that shot left some.

I wish I could do that. Every time I try to tee one lower to hit that wind piercing shot I hit it high and it gets effected by the wind. I'm doing something wrong. I usually just live by the mantra "when it's breezy swing it easy", ha!

I wish I could do that. Every time I try to tee one lower to hit that wind piercing shot I hit it high and it gets effected by the wind. I'm doing something wrong. I usually just live by the mantra "when it's breezy swing it easy", ha!

Me too, and I usually hit a big power fade.....

Used to tee it lower but lately I hit much better with about half ball above top of driver

humm, no idea why it would sky that way teeing down if back in your stance. That's a must shot here with the crazy wind we get and almost worth while all the time as hard as our ground is, lol. Good luck with it buddy!

Edit: I could see the power fade, but I don't have enough power to fade it much, hehe

humm, no idea why it would sky that way teeing down if back in your stance. That's a must shot here with the crazy wind we get and almost worth while all the time as hard as our ground is, lol. Good luck with it buddy!

Thanks man. I think it's b/c I inherently hit down on the ball as opposed to hitting the ball. I'm going to practice it for sure.

Thanks man. I think it's b/c I inherently hit down on the ball as opposed to hitting the ball. I'm going to practice it for sure.

Awesome dude. "When it's breezy swing easy" is perhaps the advice that changed it all for me.

This. By doing so, teeing it lower will cause large amounts of spin. (Talked to GolfTEC about this during GG's fitting). It can lead to increasing side spin as well.

Awesome dude. "When it's breezy swing easy" is perhaps the advice that changed it all for me.

People like you don't have to worry about the wind, it parts on your command.

I've always liked the low punch like that, but then again I like driver off the deck at times. I can fade almost anything, yet thats not one I usually do.:confused2:

Middle of the face for low faded. 1/4 of the ball above crown for standard ball flight and full ball above crown for down wind bombs.

Middle of the face for low faded. 1/4 of the ball above crown for standard ball flight and full ball above crown for down wind bombs.

Liz yells at me about those!

Back