How Long Have You Been Playing Without Making a Hole In One

58 years - and I honestly don't regret never getting one, and don't care if I ever do.
Its a great accomplishment for everyone who has gotten one.
You're the only guy that is longer than me. We should play together and maybe we will bring each other luck!

yeah, this thread is a depression vortex. When I think I have been waiting a long time (16 years) I read all these other stories and that there is a very good chance I never get one.

I am going to the Corona thread to cheer myself up.

I have been waiting since june 1998 to experience a hole in one myself. I have been waiting since july 2002 to experience it for a playing partner.

You're the only guy that is longer than me. We should play together and maybe we will bring each other luck!

And I thought that 48 years was a long time!

I have been waiting since june 1998 to experience a hole in one myself. I have been waiting since july 2002 to experience it for a playing partner.

Welcome to the forum!

Only been taking it seriously now for about 5 years, so... 5 years.

I have been playing from the age of 3(now 39). I figured if I didn't get my hole in one on my buddy's wedding weekend where I spun a 7 iron back 3-4 feet, it wasn't moving very fast and ricocheted off the pin to 2 inches, I may never get one.

Around 20 years with no HIO. I have holed out from the fairway for eagle probably 20-30 times. One day I’ll get a HIO, hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seven years. I’ve hit pins in the air, rested on the lip, and hit pins on the roll. Nothing.

I do have one HIO, but that was almost 20 years ago, and I have never witnessed another HIO ever by anyone other then my one time. Crazy how rare a HIO is.
I've only witnessed one (in person) in my entire time playing - my cart partner that day, and it was his first. I've come within a couple inches a few times, but never had one drop yet.

I've had the opportunity to write a '1' on a scorecard before, but it wasn't my own :(

Never. Not once. Damn close, but no.

My prediction? I'm going goose for life.

I though the same thing for many years. There is no way you will go goose egg as I don’t know any + indexers that have played for 20 or more years that don’t have at least one. My first one came 17 years after I took up the game and my second came 20 years later.

I have been playing golf for 40+ years. I have not had a "ace" in the last 10 years. I'm over due I think.
BOOOO! You had yours.

Learn to share. :p

Last edited:
Wow, I thought I was gonna be the only one - I have never been able to write that illustrious "1" on my scorecard. I keep the faith that one day it will happen.

Exactly 40 years. Don’t mistake me for an old dude, I got a very early start on my lifetime of sucking at golf.

LOL - In my 58 year drought, I've had a BUNCH of close calls where a bounce could have gone in the hole. Maybe I'm rationaliziing but I'll take a bunch of close calls over a HIO any day.
I'll lay odds on you getting one before I do. As I get older, those par 3's are getting longer and longer. :)

10 years which seemed like a lot until I read this thread...:oops:

I though the same thing for many years. There is no way you will go goose egg as I don’t know any + indexers that have played for 20 or more years that don’t have at least one. My first one came 17 years after I took up the game and my second came 20 years later.
your sympathy is appealing, yet deafening lmao

about 30 to 40 yrs and you know what? I dont give a crap at all about a hole in one. I much rather find myself just being able to play golf in the 80's (at my county courses) on a steady consistent basis. A hole in one will never ever be something that bothers me to not have. If I ever get one Id celebrate the moment but that all. Unless i was winning a car for it or something like that, I really just woulnt care. Just no big deal to me and fwiw I know two people who dont play but barely and couldn't break 120 but got HOI each. Great for them of course but in the end what does it really mean? Noting imo. Just never phased me is all.

About 41 years without a witnessed HIO. About 21 years since a solo HIO.

LOL - In my 58 year drought, I've had a BUNCH of close calls where a bounce could have gone in the hole. Maybe I'm rationaliziing but I'll take a bunch of close calls over a HIO any day.
I'll lay odds on you getting one before I do. As I get older, those par 3's are getting longer and longer. :)
I've had a couple of 2 footers this year, hope springs eternal!

Only 35 years for me

Back