How Long is Your Work Commute?

Mine is about 5-7 minutes. I almost took a job in Houston which would have been a 45-60 minute commute, but I realized I enjoy my small town life too much.

My commute is 22 or 28 miles depending on route and ranges between 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic or if I am carpooling with the wife and can use the HOV lane.

My last location was a 65 mile commute each way. When we moved up here, I wanted to be as close as reasonably possible. I can get door to door in less than 10 minutes (5 miles).

30-40 minutes to go 25 miles on average.

I could spend a few weeks eating at the Chelsea Market and never get bored.
I'm working in the Google building right across the street. They have provided breakfast and lunch each day from someone over there, and it had been phenomenal each day.

20 minutes on a good day (most days are good) and the scenery is beautiful.

Ontario_Ridge_Trail_IMG_8190.jpg

An hour or more on a bad day, and thankfully those don't happen much.

527a8ae4df455.preview-620.jpg

30 seconds. I am lucky to be able to work remotely the majority. Otherwise it is about 45 minutes to our office.

Less than 90 seconds if you don't count the time I spend at the continence store buying redbulls in the morning...living in a town with a population of 600-ish does have some benefits....but not very many.

I wouldn't think they would sell Red Bulls at a continence store. Might jack the teenagers up and have them doing things they shouldn't...:D.

18-23 min depending if I stop at the store or not.

5-10 minutes in the morning depending on traffic when Jen drops me off, then about 20 minutes to walk home in the evening

7 min i just moved across town and it cut my commute down from 20 min

I am pretty lucky right now, have maybe 5 minutes if I hit the lights. At most 10 minutes if I hit them all.

For 30+ years I drove 1 hour each way every day, now I'm 3 minutes from home.

Usually 35 minutes..... but for some reason the past two months it's been closer to 55-65 minutes. It's killing me.....

Usually 35-40 minutes.
Usually 35 minutes..... but for some reason the past two months it's been closer to 55-65 minutes. It's killing me.....
It's because of 176 intersection being torn up. Gotta leave earlier!

35 minutes in AM, 45 in PM unless I leave between 430 and 530 then its 1 hour 15 minutes

Maybe 5 minutes with heavy traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should take 30 minutes without traffic. That never happens though, so usually 45-60 minutes. Have had it take an hour and a half if not more sometimes.

I've left at 6:30 and it's still the same....

Usually 35-40 minutes.

It's because of 176 intersection being torn up. Gotta leave earlier!

In the morning about 20 min...on the way home... 45 - 1hr.

I've left at 6:30 and it's still the same....
That's not early enough. I leave at 5:40 and it's just starting to back up there; 35 minute drive. If I leave at 6:10 it's too late; 55 minute drive.

I'm fortunate to be close. When I do go to the office it's 15-20mins. The afternoon stretches to about 25 with traffic and depending which way I go

Yeah, I'm not leaving that early when I don't start until 8:30.... cause I don't get to leave early no matter how early I show up. I usually leave my house about 7:25

That's not early enough. I leave at 5:40 and it's just starting to back up there; 35 minute drive. If I leave at 6:10 it's too late; 55 minute drive.

15-20 minutes each way. I wouldn't want anything over 30

About 45 minutes each way to/from the client site. If I'm working at my employer's office, 15 minutes in the AM, 20 minutes back in the PM. The 45 minutes each way gets on my nerves sometimes, but I get paid for the drive time, so I can't really complain much.

Back