How many majors does DJ win?

Wake

Reaction score
Handicap
Now that DJ broke through the demons and won a major, how many do you think he wins in his career? Was this a one and done? Can he win 3-4? Is this the opening of the gates and he wins 8-10?

I say he ends up with 4 - 5 in his career.

Age 31, I give him 4-5 total in his career

I think probably 4-5 total.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I think yesterday will ease the mental demons he has seemed to have in the final rounds of majors. I think he will get 4 total.

4 in total - one at Augusta, 1 open and 2 British....

he has been doing great in majors in the apst few years, now that this mental thing is gone, I can see him somewhere in the 5-10 by the end of his career

I am going to error on the extreme side of caution. He wins 1.

2-3. Think he gets another US Open and a PGA.

He doesnt putt well enough. i say 2-3. he only has a shot on courses that fit the best ball strikers and greens that everyone has a hard time putting. If other players can make putts its just a given that he is going to make less.

I think he gets three. He'll overpower an Open Championship course in good weather, outshoot the field in a PGA Championship, but I think a Green Jacket will elude him not unlike Greg Norman.

I don't know if he'll ever win at Augusta because of the relative ease for the rest of the field getting around there; his advantages are minimized. I can definitely see him bagging a few more US Opens, The Open and the PGA at some point. I'll say 4-5.

I think he gets the career grand slam and gets 4

I'd say he gets close to the career grand slam and wins about 5-6 in total

that's a tough one. so many things have to go right for someone to win. yes, dj kept it together yesterday better than he ever has. but holy crap did he need A LOT of help from shane lowry. i say he wins 2 more, one at augusta and one pga.

His wedge game and putting scares me. Maybe now that he has turned the corner he will be more aggressive. I can only see 2-3 if he's lucky right now.

DJ is one of those physically gifted and talented golfers with an Achilles Heel - putting. But something else is not there, not quite sure what it is, or is not.

I can see him winning an Open, and if the USGA continues to taking putting out of the equation with its green setups, another US Open. He could end up winning a handful. Why not more for such a gifted athlete?

DJ is one of those physically gifted and talented golfers with an Achilles Heel - putting. But something else is not there, not quite sure what it is, or is not.

I can see him winning an Open, and if the USGA continues to taking putting out of the equation with its green setups, another US Open. He could end up winning a handful. Why not more for such a gifted athlete?

Wouldn't quick, hard greens make putting more of a factor?

I couldn't agree less that the PGA took putting out of the equation. If your putting was just a little off you were in serious trouble.

Age 31, I give him 4-5 total in his career

This is what makes me think a lot about it... We've seen plenty of potential, but few as athletic as DJ ...yet at the same time, I am just waiting for his wrist to snap in half randomly on a swing.

I think 3-5 is a solid guess.

I couldn't agree less that the PGA took putting out of the equation. If your putting was just a little off you were in serious trouble.
What they did imo is bring the great Putters back to the field a bit more. They didn't take putting out of the equation but with greens rolling that fast and slopped that much they limited the amount of long putts anyone could make even some perfectly struck putts I am not sure if you could make a putt if you were in certain spots. It puts a premium on ball striking and shot placement. So while putting still matters a great deal the harder the setup the more it condenses the field and outs a premium on ball striking imo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think he is such a rare talent that he will win 6+ majors. I like the fact that DJ is among the very elite group of golfers that have won in each of their first 9 years on tour(last 50 years). The others are Jack, Arnie, Billy Casper, Trevino, and Tiger.

Back