How many of you miss a green and instantly think bogie?

I don't hit enough greens to worry about it. And Bogey is a good score for me!!!!

I try never to think about a number And try not to tally my scores till the very end. ....if I stick with that mentality I usually score well.

I try not to think about the score for the hole till I'm done with the hole. emphasis on *try*.

It depends on how I'm playing that day but honestly most of the time I do

my short game is pretty good, especially with a six iron chip shot. I always think I am in the hole, the sand dose not scare me much either.

I would prefer a long chip to a long putt any day

I use to think that, now I'm thinking get the ball as close as possible. Once I miss the first putt then I'm thinking bogie at worse.

I am in a transition period where I am going from thinking "Boogie" to thinking "Par". I have not been playing for that long and have kind of been playing to get boogie or better. Now my hcp have been going down a bit and I am starting thinking to go for par or better instead without playing very risky to keep my current hcp level or maybe even lower it a bit more.

Not me. My wedge game around the green is one of my strengths

I have always said that if I didn't have a short game then I wouldn't have a game. My touch around the greens is what holds my game together and keeps the "bogey monster" off of the scorecard.

It's not a bogey till I'm putting for bogey.

Depends on the slope rating of the track.

I think up and down every time. No negative thoughts while on the course.

I believe in positive thoughts and reflecting back on good shots so I think about getting up and down for par when i miss the green.

I view it as presenting a different challenge than what I had initially planned. Always need to be confident for the best final outcome and leave it at that green if the bogey man does get you.

Only when I miss in the wrong place. I try to favor the "good miss" with club selection and aim points where par is likely if I miss the green. I still occasionally miss to the short side or into deep rough then it becomes get on the green and make no worse than bogie.

Some greens, I would rather have a chip than long putt.

do i automatically think bogey? no. i always expect to get the ball up and down. but i recognize that from certain spots, i am less likely though no less disappointed (which doesn't make much sense). up-and-downs are a stat i need to start tracking, but if i had to ball-park i'd say less than 40%, maybe even less than 30%.

Not me. If there is one strength to my game, it's my short game. Now when I was struggling with my short putts I struggled a bit because I put so much pressure on myself to get in tap in range. Now that I seem to have fixed that ( lesson, seemore ) I fully expect to get up and down - although I know in reality it won't always happen.

I think bogie max. Focus on a good chip to give me a one putt par.

Exactly! Never give up on a birdie, par or even bogey or worse until the shot has been hit.

I guess it depends where I missed the green. If I'm in a greenside bunker or next to the green, I go up there feeling reasonably confident. If I'm off the back of the green at the edge of the woods or something, less so.

The only thing I think about, is where I going to land the ball to give it the best chance of getting within tap in range.

Some days I have a better chance at making par If I miss the green.

I only think about the shot I want to make. I cant control what already happened. The score of the hole will be whatever it is when I am done with it. My only thought is usually simply "how do I want to play this next shot".

I hit the hole twice on Wednesday with my chips. I think I actually prefer to chip than to have a really long putt.

Back