How many professional golf tournaments have you attended?

Been to the Masters, a US Open, the Players Championship, and soon to be Ryder Cup.....I think that might be it. So 3, soon to be 4.

I've been to 3. Every year it seems like something comes up during that time or I would just rather be out golfing.

I've been to quite a few. Senior PGA in Dearborn several years ago where I had opportunity to meet Jack. 4 WGC Bridgestone events, and the no longer Buick Open.

How many professional golf tournaments have you attended?

BMW @ Wentworth multiple times.
Open Championship once @ Royal St Georges.
Ryder Cup once @ Celtic Manor.
I've been to loads of sporting events, from international rugby matches, to premier league soccer games, to Formula 1 Grand Prix. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will beat the atmosphere on the first tee of the Ryder Cup. The banter, the chants, the atmosphere, the whole experience, out of this world!!!!

Last edited:
Been to:
Buick Open at Warwick Hills
Senior Tournament somewhere in metro Detroit (I was too young to remember, but I do remember getting Jack Nicklaus' autograph!)
3M Championship at TPC Twin Cities

Tickets Purchased:
Ryder Cup at Hazeltine
US Open at Erin Hills

Only one. Pebble Beach pro am.

Byron Nelson, Colonial, Champions Tour event in Dallas years ago, the LPGA Texas Shootout, and the PGA at Baltusrol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only been to two, Bay Hill and thr Valspar, although I've been to the Valspar a few times.

Several but the best was the 2002 Masters!

Last 5 sony opens.

Sony Open (PGA)
Masters practice round (PGA)
Michelob Championship (PGA) - numerous time
Michelob Ultra Open/Kingsmill Championship (LPGA) - Volunteered for 9 years
Eagle Classic (Symetra) - Attended twice, volunteered once

Planning on going to the Dominion Charity Classic (Senior) in November.

Just the Deutsche Bank at TPC Boston the past 3 years. Probably won't be going this year though due to the new job... and no longer getting VIP passes :(

Ive only been to the firestone event...maybe 4 times now

Juat the wgc at firestone last year.

Last years PGA at whistling straits was my first one. I wanted to go down to Deere run this weekend but couldn't make it work.
Their is a free symetra tour event in Milwaukee this weekend that I might hit up.

Their is a free symetra tour event in Milwaukee this weekend that I might hit up.

If you want to see how struggling golfers live, go to the Symetra event. Many players carry or use a push cart, drive themselves around, and most stay with locals to save costs. If you ever watched Big Break, there are quite a few players that play.

If you want to see how struggling golfers live, go to the Symetra event. Many players carry or use a push cart, drive themselves around, and most stay with locals to save costs. If you ever watched Big Break, there are quite a few players that play.

Someone I work with told me the same thing. That's why I think it would be cool to see.

I went to the northern trust open this year at the riviera. Was cool

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I've never gone to one. I should go to the Byron Nelson or Colonial sometime, but I've just never done it.

I've only been to one.
The 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines on what would have been the final round Sunday, had there not been a tie and an 18 hole playoff played on Monday. It was incredible for alot of different reasons. I'm looking at a couple of tournaments this coming year I want to go see.

I don't know how it happened, but I'm on a list of sorts that has given me an opportunity to be the volunteer chair of the practice area for many of the professional tournaments (LPGA, Champions, and Web.com) held in my area. I would suggest not only attending professional tournaments, but volunteer for the practice area as well (you will get to see the players up close and the caddies can sometimes just be plain funny). The players appreciate the volunteers. The toughest day is pro-am day, any jerks will be the amateurs. Being a volunteer will get you inside the ropes, typically there is a volunteer tent available and some venues will provide an opportunity for the volunteers to play them. As a chair, you will need to attend one or two organizational meetings followed by a round of golf.

Back