How many shots do you have in your bag?

85 on average? Haha

I was going to say about 95 when I read the title but you beat me to it. And I was also a day late.. FAIL

I have WOW, oooooh Woooow (similar to "ouch"), and FORE!

My personal favorite and one I am most likely to pull off...

"What the f*** was that???"

I remember seeing that one in Iowa!!!

My selection is limited to two shots, like Cookie mentioned earlier in this thread.

I guess I should call them out:

Draw, fade, straight, high draw, power fade, low running fade and draw, stinger, knock down, punch, lob, pitch, chip, bump and run, low checker, dead hand, ice cream scoop. Any others?

I fooled around with your ice cream scoop shot a bit this morning at the range and liked it. I'll need to get some practice with it out of this rough around here but it landed softer than my typical scoop shot. Thanks for the tip bro, it's good stuff.

Generally, too many. hehehe

In my mind: I can do about 10 or so different ones

Outside of my mind and in the real world: Straight, Slice, 20 yards over the green, chunky monkey, toppers, and my infamous "Chad Thomas" shot. I'll explain. That's where the shot is so terrible, you have to middle name yourself. And you know when the middle name starts flyin that your in trouble

Around four hundred. Maybe 3 on purpose and the other 397 on a completely random rotation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top, Chunk, Shank, Drop Kick, Toe

i'd like to believe that i have many shots in my bag...
it's just a matter of whether i can execute them or not when the time comes.

Oh geez.....I have straight and "pray".
So that's two shots I have.

This pretty much describe my game to a T.

I only attempt 6 shots -- 3/4 swing, 1/2 swing, chip, pitch, sand, putt. I only try them straight. The results might suggest I'm trying any more. Sadly, pray could come in on any of them.

I'm trying to add a bump and run back to my game. I used to have that, but went more to pitching.

Last edited:
My shots are tree and FORE :D

According to Tiger Woods you only need 9 shots to play great golf: High, Medium, Low-Straight. High, Medium, Low-Cut. High, Medium, Low-Draw.

I can hit it straight high or staright low, I dont like to complicate my swing I see everything straight. Did I mention straight anywhere in that?

Oh geez.....I have straight and "pray".
So that's two shots I have.

I'm almost exactly like cookie except mine would be straight and spray

I would say the number of shots I have in my bag, that I can pull off when I need to could be counted on one hand and that's probably a stretch!!!

I don't know how many different shots I have, but when I play I try to pull off all kinds of different shots as I see fit on the course. The key word in that sentence is "try"!!!!

I have a fade, a slice and a holy s*** watch out!

A trap draw is just a term for a descending blow onto the back of the golf ball. Depending on the angle of descent you will either get a low or high right to left. It's actually a redundancy since this is a text book right to left.

The shot you described is more of hook played with a hooded club face.

You are really right - I should call it a trap-hook rather than a trap-draw. I definitely hit it with a descending blow, but the amount of curve is probably most often more accurately a hook than a draw. But I do definitely go for the trapping sensation of squeezing the ball into the ground, and hitting a low hard hook. The amount of hook is controlled by the amount of club closure.

I think they say there are 9 shots a low handicap player should have, I have been looking for a list of them but can't find them. Anyone know what the 9 shots Haney talks about are?

I think they say there are 9 shots a low handicap player should have, I have been looking for a list of them but can't find them. Anyone know what the 9 shots Haney talks about are?

Probably the ones above that Tiger said? That'd be my guess.

Low, mid, high ball flights on a fade, draw, and straight shot.

Probably the ones above that Tiger said? That'd be my guess.

Low, mid, high ball flights on a fade, draw, and straight shot.

I didn't see that, thanks man, that would probably be them.

I didn't see that, thanks man, that would probably be them.

No problem, dude. It sounds so simple, doesn't it? haha, but then you REALLY think about it...and realize it's not as easy as it sounds at first.

Back