• 80% - 90%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 70% - 80%

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Less than 70%

Votes: 95 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Define "center". Like a dime size spot? If so, hmm. never. I do make a nice quarter size wear on the "sweet spot" of my irons though. When I miss it's 90% heel, 10% high toe.

Overall "centerish" strikes I'd say 90%

I would have to say smaller than a dime

Last round 3/10 drivers were flushed, not sure on other clubs last round

13 driver holes, 1 par 4 where I hit 3 wood, and between 4 to 6 drivers are flushed. The G400 LST 10 * driver is very forgiving on all the other drives.

13 driver holes, 1 par 4 where I hit 3 wood, and between 4 to 6 drivers are flushed. The G400 LST 10 * driver is very forgiving on all the other drives.

while the title is a bit misleading, the main question is about irons.

I’ll say, within acceptable tolerance 40-50%. On the screws, dead perfect. 2-3 times a round.

By "on the screws" does that mean good trajectory, path (of club) and distance as well, or just impact zone on the face? By the wear marks on my irons, I do tend to hit the right part of the face pretty consistent .... I just never seem to hit it on line. When I do miss, its toe for sure though.

Now, my driver, that's another story. I think the sweet spot is untouched and in new condition.... it's like there is a force field around it LOL LOL

Definitely less than 70% for me. That's why I stay grinding trying to improve my game!!!

i-dont-always-hit-my-sand-wedge-150-yards-but-when-i-do-its-from-a-greenside-bunker.jpg

I can only dream to be at 70%

9 people are confused

My "on the screws" percentage is probably pretty low (way less than 70% for sure), but I feel like I make solid enough contact on iron shots 90% of the time.

Last edited:
Let's see.

Avg score is 84
Putting usually 30ish
14 non iron tee balls.

Leaves 40 shots.

And I'm awful chipping so that's another 10 or so.

So 30 shots...less my 4 par 5 non iron 2nd shots leave ...maybe 26 ish.

Id say 3 or 4 a round...which is 15% or so

And I'm loling at the high percentages some people are claiming. Guess it's just like driver distance lol.
I've golfed with hundreds of thpers so this has been eye opening

Last edited:
Also all of these 70%+ players should be in blades if the swing and contact is that repeatable.

I think people hit the sweet spot more than they think. I also believe as ddec put it, other factors come into play that will cause even pure strikes to go afoul. I try to look at my clubs after I hit a shot to see where it was struck. I actually get center hits more than I realize but it doesn't mean it went straight or the distance I wanted it to go. Just my couple of Lincolns.

Someone would have to convince me I hit more than 70% of my shots on the screws for me to believe it.

That's really high. I play for the miss and celebrate the good.

What is this "sweet spot" on a club you speak off?!?! Most unfamiliar any type of contact of that nature.

Hopefully I don't get crucified for asking this, but what constitutes the sweet spot? Centerish and about 3 grooves up?

3-4 times a round I normally flush it! Maybe 1 or 2 drives and maybe like 1 or 2 times with a iron! Like on Sunday, I probably hit 2 of the best drives I ever hit or at least that’s what it feels like! You hit at least 1 iron and 1 wedge that feel perfect! At least that’s what I experience in a round of golf! You’re not going to hit every shot flush or on the nuts, but for those 3-4 a round feel perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say a few times per round. 3-4 seems about right...

Also all of these 70%+ players should be in blades if the swing and contact is that repeatable.

and those who aren't at 70% should buy a blade to practice with and get their swing dialed in

I feel like i flush my irons 1-3 times a round.

Ha, that's me too. 1-3 shots that I can replay in my mind. The rest I jettison ASAP.

I don't really know, but I know it's not too many.

I'm going with maybe 2 a round that are on the screws.

Would say 50% of the time.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thats really good stats for a 15hcp, guess those Cleveland irons are really working out well for you! Should be closer to single digits in no time.

I tend to choke down on a longer club for most shots so I can flush it more often, but bet last year it wasn't better than 50%.

Back