• 80% - 90%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 70% - 80%

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Less than 70%

Votes: 95 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully I don't get crucified for asking this, but what constitutes the sweet spot? Centerish and about 3 grooves up?

I cannot fathom why this question would get crucified. I'd say defining it would help this question get answered better.

Once, back in '06.

UQ5v5Tt.png

My last round on Sunday I hit just one iron shot on the button and shot even par. Normal is 1 or 2 shots per round.

Last edited:
I'd say I hit center face with irons and wedges about half the time. The problem is path and face control

Luckily modern golf equipment makes it so you really don't have to flush the ball to get +/- 3 yards of the distance you are aiming for.

Face/path is a different story.

On the screws? Maybe 50% Pulling off the shot as planned?

...not so much.

Center of the sweet spot with irons?

Depends on the iron - overall maybe once - i’m trying to play percentages and areas anyway not trying to flush everything.

If i’m within 10 ft of the pin it’s a great shot especially with longer irons

If I’m within 5 yards on a layup shot on a par or what not with an iron I’m happy to

In the driver to get better are these going to tighten up? Absolutely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted below 70%

I think people believe they hit center mass far less often than they realize, and I've seen it in all my testing.

Particularly it's evident when using a set like Speedblades or CF16 and you hear people discuss "jumpers", it's not likely a jumper, it's that you found the sweet spot on that swing. It's a game of millimeters, and they matter as to total performance.

I’m probably good for 2 or 3 a round. Counting putter :(

Just by looking at the face wear on my irons I would say 70-80% Longer irons show a little more wear on the heel side

I know I've gone full rounds without that feeling of hitting an iron perfectly. The feedback on the KFT last year let me know pretty clearly, as opposed to the more GI sets I've gamed in the past.

I honestly don't know.. I have had rounds where I feel like I can't miss the sweet spot and then others where I am nowhere near it. In the end I am well below 70%.

I'm not sure, I think club design without a doubt helps. But when I say flush I mean everything is in line. Face is square, perfect contact, good weight shift, good flight, good distance, good spin, all of that stuff. There are times where I can hit the ball in the center of the face, but other factors, like face angle, keep it from being the desired result. It's not that my misses are mostly front to back problems, they are more left to right(mostly left) problems. Me personally, I don't think club design really is going to solve that issue, because it's more swing/swing path/angle at impact than it is club design. That miss is there whether I play Big Bertha OS, Apex, 900 Forged. I think what keeps me in the game is my short game. Being able to chip and putt(some rounds) mitigate those misses on the scorecard. Iron tech is there to help, but I can override a lot of clubhead technology with my own faults.
Extremely well said. I think this describes my iron game as well.

the sound of a forged Iron on the screws is so pure. I would say I hear it about 3/5 times a round. Wish it were more....

Freddie i think you've started a conversation here. Since you posted this thread and options, are you surprised by what people are responding with?

so 17% of the pollsters are 70%+....interesting

so 17% of the pollsters are 70%+....interesting
In an average round of 90 that would be like 25-30 pured iron shots. I don't even sniff that number. I'm jealous of them.

In an average round of 90 that would be like 25-30 pured iron shots. I don't even sniff that number. I'm jealous of them.

well not exactly, since u arent hitting 90 iron shots

Based on the wear, I'd say I MISS the sweet spot at least 70% of the time. I apparently am a huge fan of hitting out towards the toe.

~Rock

Last round I played (preferred lies everywhere) I hit 11 good irons, 2 not so good but got away with, and 3 bad ones. I also hit 2 out of 5 hybrids(3hand4h) well. Better than normal iron play for me I guess.

My GIR stats would tell me very very rarely.

#FiberLaunch

THP must be loaded with ball strikers. The number of guys that hit the screws and how often makes me want to practice.

I think it's been talked about I skimmed a bit, but there's a difference between hitting it near the center and hitting on the screws.

I'd venture to say at best I strike it on the screws 1-3 times per round.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back