Psychonana99

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm Irish, working at my design company, currently living in Barcelona, who has been playing golf for the past 45 years.

I first started in Cavan, Ireland under the instruction of my father. We lived just beside the 2nd green so getting hooked wasn't difficult! At 16 years old I was able to take a trip to Scotland to play all the greats, St. Andrews, Turnburry, Carnoustie, Muirfield etc... (Green fees were about $10 at the time and for the most part we were walk-ons! - How things have changed) I finished that phase of life playing off an erattic 9 handicap index.

Thereafter life has thrown me in different directions that effected the way I could focus on what I consider my main sport.
College in Dublin, my part time job in the famous Stag's Head bar and all the distractions that come with it meant I could only play in the bar staff's monthly game at another gem - Baltray, Co. Louth. Then after immigrating to New York, those games fizzled down to just 3 or 4 games a year, if that. 12 years later I was starting to establish a more regular game with good friends on the Jersey shore, but them the family came and spoiled everything again! :)

Then it was time to move again, and we ended out in Barcelona where my first venture back into the golf world there, didn't allow me past the front gate security at the famous and exclusive El Prat golf club. (I don't think my car was big enough!) So I turned and focussed on bringing up my kids and got on with the trials of life.

It wasn't long before the itch returned, as my kids got old enough to allow me to have more time to myself. Soon I was discovering all the beautiful courses of Catalunya, (PGA Catalunya, Montanyà, Costa Brava, Masia Bach and of course See's Sant Joan) returned to competitive play and started to focus on my game improvement. Over a 4 year period I've been able to move from a 16 to a 4 handicap index. With it I've become fascinated on game improvement techniques and methodology.

That's pretty much it!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, you're going to love it here! It's awesome that THP is picking up members for across the ponds; love it!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Love to hear stories like this, very interesting and entertaining. Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Cool story and some fun travels. Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Welcome to thp.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!!!! Cool history you have with the game!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP

Hello and welcome!

Back