I feel like an internet golfer...

Update from Gray's couch:

My distance (and therefore swingspeed) are about what I expected- so in that regard the monitor seemed to not be to great.
I am hitting a lot of banana slices off the driver though (like the monitor said), and even well struck balls have a fair bit of cut on it. I am also hitting all of my irons really fat, alternating between a heavy mis-hit draw and a big slice.

Tomorrow is going to be a really fun day! I brought enough balls to have a bad two days and not care. Can't beat the company!

Gray & KellyBo are great folks that's for sure. Looking forward to getting on the course with y'all tomorrow. See you in the a.m.

Last edited:
Enjoy the day today. Worry about the swing later!

Played better than I thought I would... 93 on a new course with a LOT of wasted shots (fat irons and duffed shots). Lost 2 balls off the tee. I told myself I would be thrilled with anything less than 95- so I suppose that I need to be thrilled!

Once I messed with some ball placement and stance I was able to kill the cut pretty well, but REALLY blasted the ball high. Overall I am happy and honestly having one of the best weekends that I can remember. Gray and Kelly are just fantastic people, and Seth is a great golf partner and a great friend. Who cares about your swing when you have all of that?

Last edited:
Nice work Gus ,playing on unfamiliar territory is really tough for me.

Played better than I thought I would... 93 on a new course with a LOT of wasted shots (fat irons and duffed shots). Lost 2 balls off the tee. I told myself I would be thrilled with anything less than 95- so I suppose that I need to be thrilled!

Once I messed with some ball placement and stance I was able to kill the cut pretty well, but REALLY blasted the ball high. Overall I am happy and honestly having one of the best weekends that I can remember. Gray and Kelly are just fantastic people, and Seth is a great golf partner and a great friend. Who cares about your swing when you have all of that?

that's the way I felt down at the outing. Good to hear things turned out ok on the course today. It's tough to go from the snowy north down to the south and going right out to play.

Good job on the course if you're happy, we're happy. When I was reading your posts in this thread, especially the very first post, it reminded me of a story in The Impact Zone by Bobby Clampett, who states that a golfer can have a swing that "looks great", but still has poor golf dynamics.

Other than that, I'm not trying to knock anyone's training methods, but if you're making swing changes I would hope you start with your wedges, then move to your irons and finally your woods.

Like Martin Hall says - "If you can't do it in a small swing, you won't do it in a full swing."

Back