I sometimes skim threads, this is my story

How bad is the 14 slot thing here? Like if THP built a hotel, would the floors skip from 13 to 15?

What really annoys me is when someone says something to the extent of yeah it was discussed in this giant ass thread but gives no clue as to when or where in the thread that discussion took place. To me that feels elitist like if you don’t have the dedication or time to read the entire thread then you don’t deserve to know. Doesn’t happen a lot but I’ve seen it.
Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I have my pet peeves, but really? Skimming through multiple pages is a bad thing?

I suddenly feel extra tolerant towards others.

Now look, maybe there is a really cool thread about whatever, could be about shooting -9 at Augusta, could be about LIV, could be about LPGA vs some dude. Whatever. Some thing really piques your interest
You definitely skimmed the Dynamic Handicapping thread, and it shows.

I'm a speed-reader, so...

Because I'm not actually good at it. I effectively skim. I mean, effectively.

Yes

Level of skimming is somewhat related directly and indirectly to level of post count. Most can't read in depth and keep up the keyboard rate. Props to the few that can.

I couldn't keep up at that high level with everything outside of a forum for sure.

Also somewhat related, not actually being invested in it. Won't read a review thread and will just post a question that's been answered many times previously. I get it but it's annoying.

Skimming is real and obvious to those that read more than type and can bring in the sky fist 😜

Do thread skimming incidents increase in line with the “let’s get 5000 posts today” campaigns? There are a lot of posts here that could be saved by simply using a “like” opposed to typing “I agree”

Did i miss anything here last 7-8 hours? Was sleeping

Guess i should have kept my mouth shut lol

I get it. It's a gif minefield out there.

Skimmers are the worst 👍🏼😂

Its Showtime Halloween GIF by Death Wish Coffee

Yeah, I'm not in the "you will read every post in the thread before posting your question or comment" camp.

If I have a question, I'm going to ask it - but - I will also say that because of all of the "you're a skimmer" and other negative comments I've seen directed at others I've also drastically reduced my posts.

Yeah, I'm not in the "you will read every post in the thread before posting your question or comment" camp.

If I have a question, I'm going to ask it - but - I will also say that because of all of the "you're a skimmer" and other negative comments I've seen directed at others I've also drastically reduced my posts.
Nobody has ever said that or expects that, genuinely.
The skimmer stuff started because of the drive by posting.
Meaning someone would put thoughts down and literally the next post would ask the question.

People should use the forum anyway they want.

Hello, my name is MacTourney and I am a skimmer with recent history. Don't mean to but crap happens so don't take it personal. Hope it doesn't affect getting my free THP approved sleeve of balls upon reaching 1000 posts.

They don't call me "The Author" for nothing!
You know, skimming could actually be pretty valuable for you in this new role. How can you ever be accused of plagiarism if you don’t read anything?

Nobody has ever said that or expects that, genuinely.
The skimmer stuff started because of the drive by posting.
Meaning someone would put thoughts down and literally the next post would ask the question.

People should use the forum anyway they want.

I'd like to just clarify a couple of things for everyone in the thread here also

1) I started this thread very tongue in cheek--i do skim sometimes yes, but this was intended to be kind of fun and lampoon that a bit
2) I've never felt insulted or had hurt feelings at someone calling me a skimmer, most people here are very nice

At the end of the day it's obvious by how often i come here that i love the forum, and don't get butthurt too easily

I believe the main skimmers that get shamed are the ones the don't read JB's original post in a food question threads about how if you going say "it's not healthy" or "this one is better" or something similar.

Back