"If ____ isn't working, my round is toast!"

"EYES" just as in playing pool. Somedays I can see my ball flight, and putting lines like I was playing Tiger Woods (rory now), and other days I have no clue (lucky to hit it straight).

Putter for sure. If everything else is on and the putter isn't working, I'm not going to score well. If everything else is crappy, I'm going to need to get up and down, which I can't do without the putter.

Driver for me.

I have been told that same thing many times, the answer is simply that I am a stubborn ignoramus.

I don't think your stubborn. Hitting 3wood 280 and doing it consistently successfully in the fairway is great (actually really great) but that doesn't mean you have to give up trying to also hit the driver well too. Sure, you can give up on it and probably don't really have to have it being how well you hit the 3. But that's not really relevant. You do have a driver and why not also learn to use that too?

I have to be honest. It does raise a brow when someone states they regularly hit 3wood 280 and also hit fairways all day with it. With both those stats together your talking better than tour pro ability. I have seen (although only a couple times in all my years) weekend hackers hit a 3wood 280 but not most shots and not hitting many fairways at all. If your doing that it is imo something special. So with that said, if I were you I would also be trying to figure out my driver simply because its there and I have it and you would probably be on in two for most par 5's at the average course by using it. But the other thing I would do is try to master the short game. As said earlier even without driver and using your 3wood you would easily be single digits with a good short game to play with that great tee game.

I don't think your stubborn. Hitting 3wood 280 and doing it consistently successfully in the fairway is great (actually really great) but that doesn't mean you have to give up trying to also hit the driver well too. Sure, you can give up on it and probably don't really have to have it being how well you hit the 3. But that's not really relevant. You do have a driver and why not also learn to use that too?

I have to be honest. It does raise a brow when someone states they regularly hit 3wood 280 and also hit fairways all day with it. With both those stats together your talking better than tour pro ability. I have seen (although only a couple times in all my years) weekend hackers hit a 3wood 280 but not most shots and not hitting many fairways at all. If your doing that it is imo something special. So with that said, if I were you I would also be trying to figure out my driver simply because its there and I have it and you would probably be on in two for most par 5's at the average course by using it. But the other thing I would do is try to master the short game. As said earlier even without driver and using your 3wood you would easily be single digits with a good short game to play with that great tee game.

My big distance is there with every club in the bag, but accuracy and consistency wanes the longer the club gets. I play my irons .5" long, but have cut down hybrid/3 wood /driver about .75"each. Whatever the reason is I can pull hybrid and hit 250-260+, and 3 wood 270-280+ with very solid contact and keep the ball on the same hole I teed off on. I am not hitting every fairway, but my % is almost 60 with those 2 clubs and about 15% with driver. Even when I don't find the fairway with the other two I am usually not penalized with lost balls, or am I playing from another hole. I have MUCH bigger misses with driver and contact is all over the face.

Tee game. Got to get some FIRs to keep the scores low.

Tee game. I don't have to be in the middle of the fairway but I can't be hitting punch and recovery shots with my second swing.

Driver. It's so much easier for me to score if i'm hitting it decent/well. I almost never score really bad if i'm hitting driver well.

My wife. If she isn't working, then I will be and I can forget about golfing:alien:

probably driver right now. Need to hit it straight to score

Definitely have to hit fairways. My patience with recovery shots only goes on for so long and usually wears me out. Then it's "game over, man"

Yup. Definitely driver right now. Just shot 96 - with 8 penalty strokes (plus distance off tee) for hitting OB with Driver. Second try is usually pretty solid (240ish & straight).

Breaking 90 should be a piece of cake if I can get this down!

Short game. If it isn't sharp, I can't score. I miss a lot of greens, but am usually around them. If my chipping and putting is on, I'll still make a lot of pars. If not, it's a bogey train.

Back