If you were the coach what would you do with #18?

Cut Scissors GIF by Barstool Sports

Discussed heavily in the NFL thread.
He would be cut by the next day.

But lets be honest, they kept Rapistburger for years, so that says everything :ROFLMAO:

Waivers

Bench him. His ego might be hurt and care could be resuscitated.

It hasn't been a great couple of weeks for Johnson.

He's benched, and gonna run till he finds his motivation to play again next practice. :LOL:

200.gif

Stapled to the bench for a game.

I'd run all his routes low across the middle, he'll get the message quickly. A few snot bubbles sent his way might work wonders.

He'd be sitting for a while and hear a VERY serious discussion before playing again.

The Steelers and diva receivers are a long tradition. It will be interesting to see how Tomlin handles this.

Sit him the rest of the season. Then cut him and let all who ask why and explain his work effort

The Steelers and diva receivers are a long tradition. It will be interesting to see how Tomlin handles this.

A. Most WR’s are diva’s.

and

2. I don’t know about a long tradition. AB was incredibly under control in Pittsburgh in hindsight. Claypool was never good enough to even be a real diva. Johnson had a bad play here but he’s never complained despite subpar QB play basically his entire tenure.

I'd run all his routes low across the middle, he'll get the message quickly. A few snot bubbles sent his way might work wonders.

Yeah. A couple traumatic brain injuries will do the trick.

1701122626568.png

Johnson had a bad play here but he’s never complained despite subpar QB play basically his entire tenure.
Kinda hard to complain when you drop a lot of balls. He's improved on that the last couple years tho.

At minimum he's on the bench...at worst suspended for being detriment to the team. Sadly....Can't see them cutting him.

Kinda hard to complain when you drop a lot of balls. He's improved on that the last couple years tho.

Yeah. That one year was a little bit of an outlier. He had all those drops the year Ben’s arm died and they were running nothing but underneath routes. Those are some high traffic situations.

I’ll also say I think he’s overpaid and there’s a really good chance he won’t be on the team next year. But, yeah, they need him this season.

I'd just show it in the film room and let the players handle it. The leaders in the locker room will have him ready for the next game. The team is in the business of winning and you can't afford to sit your #2 receiver. He's just frustrated, as the other receivers likely are, because they have a garbage QB.

Yeah. That one year was a little bit of an outlier. He had all those drops the year Ben’s arm died and they were running nothing but underneath routes. Those are some high traffic situations.

I’ll also say I think he’s overpaid and there’s a really good chance he won’t be on the team next year. But, yeah, they need him this season.
Didn't they just give him a new contract? I don't know the details but seems fresh in my mind for some reason.

Didn't they just give him a new contract? I don't know the details but seems fresh in my mind for some reason.

He’s got one year left on a two year extension but his dead cap number would be pretty low next season.

Back