Playdough

Hi.
Reaction score
Handicap
Been wanting some IJP stuff for awhile as I like that majority of his designs and I love the Tartans. How is the material and sizing for his stuf? I was cruising eBay and came across his store on there and found some pants I'm really digging. Without the ability to see his stuff and try it on and feel it up to see what its like has anyone personally wore his newer stuff. I think I read or seen where he has changed some of the material of some of the lines. JB I'm sure you have had some experience with his stuff what's your thoughts and do the sizing run pretty true?

I've kicked around the idea of getting some IJP stuff in the past. Hope I'm not speaking out of turn but I remember JB telling me that some of the stuff was not the best in terms of quality. That was a year ago though

There were some really horrible looking IJP pants at TJ Maxx when I was there the other night for super clearance.. The material was terrible so it had to be a handful of seasons out, and it was some kind of dark purple'ish colour. Just strange looking.

I'm sure they've improved since that line.

I've heard good things about his line. But I've never worn him so I don't really know.

I have a shirt. Mostly true to size, though a bit more on the Euro fit side of things. Didn't have any quality issues with it, but that's only one shirt

I really like it. Looks good and keeps me cool.

Posted via tapatalk.

Had some IJP tartans a few years back. Maybe they have switched the fabric with new lines, but the ones I had were probably better suited for cooler weather play. The wool was something else. And, I unfortunately had to unload mine after only wearing them one time, because in my experience, they ran a little small in size. I had some 32's and I either gained some weight, or these were just too small, because it took all I could to get through a round in them. They were pretty snug. They look amazing though! But the wool might not be for everyone and I would plan on maybe going a waist size up, if I were you.

Been wanting some IJP stuff for awhile as I like that majority of his designs and I love the Tartans. How is the material and sizing for his stuf? I was cruising eBay and came across his store on there and found some pants I'm really digging. Without the ability to see his stuff and try it on and feel it up to see what its like has anyone personally wore his newer stuff. I think I read or seen where he has changed some of the material of some of the lines. JB I'm sure you have had some experience with his stuff what's your thoughts and do the sizing run pretty true?

Euro to slim cut. I found their quality quite good early on, but the last line I got (last year) was lacking a bit for what I thought was rather high prices.

Forgot I had a pair of shorts. A bit too much fancypants style for me. They were pleated and I didn't care for that.

Posted via tapatalk.

Thanks all for the feedback! I think I'm going to give a pair a chance. I've wanted a pair for awhile. Thanks all, I'll report back with what I see.

I'd love to try some tartan shorts!

Golfsmith just started carrying it down here, I checked a few shirts out the other day and seemed to be quite nice. I dont believe I could wear the gear though, not an IJP fan, nor a fan of that logo.

I hope my GS gets this line. I quite like some of his shirts and shorts. The logo......

I'd love to try some tartan shorts!

I recommend dry cleaning if you do. I have 3 pairs and not a single one has done well with machine washing.

I recommend dry cleaning if you do. I have 3 pairs and not a single one has done well with machine washing.

Thanks for the heads up. That's good to know. I'd hate to ruin them! Especially after shipping from England.

Siri speaks for me!

I like the designs and quality, but not worth the extra price compared to some other brands IMO. Is rather save a few bucks and go with something else. I have seen some decent sales on some IJP stuff before and considered picking some up but just haven't gone for it yet.

Glad to see the simple reviews thoughts on IJP clothes. I like a lot of them, but I am trying to avoid the dry cleaners like the plague. I am saving about $100-200 month in cleaning bills, since I started working a bit harder to purchase easier care clothes.

I have around a dozen IJP shirts, 3 pairs of shorts and a couple of pairs of trousers.

Some of the shirts are three years old and they still look new. I've not had a problem with the shorts or trousers and wash well in the machine at either cold water or 30 deg Celcius. I always use liquid detergent and never use fabric softener

I just got an email from them as a winner with a voucher, but I won't be using it, feel free if you were planning on making an order:
You are a winner!

Thank you for entering our Spring/Summer 2013 competition.

You have won a $10 voucher. Why not treat yourself to some new Spring/Summer gear on ijpusa.com Simply use your code: SS13L at the checkout to redeem your voucher.

Terms and Conditions: 1, Valid on orders over $40. 2, Voucher valid until 31/03/13. 3, To be used on full price items only.

Back