I'm at a loss of words...

I don't have a lot to say, that hasn't already been said... but.

Kids suck and I think parents these days are enabling their kids. It goes back to the graduation speech that got a lot of flack this spring. I thought it was a GREAT speech!

Jump to 2:15 to get the general drift.

That's a great speech!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

The other sad part about all this is if the lady or the driver were to make a stand against the kids, then they, along with the district, would probably get sued for one reason or another so all they can do is sit there and take it.

The other sad part about all this is if the lady or the driver were to make a stand against the kids, then they, along with the district, would probably get sued for one reason or another so all they can do is sit there and take it.
If they would of made a stand they probably would of been beaten.........these kids were looking to provoke and start something and would have been happy to stoop even lower. Glad she didn't do anything as it very easily could of turned ugly.

This infuriates me. We just have no discipline today, zero. When I was in high school, granted it was decades ago, the brothers at my school in Brooklyn would beat us senseless if we did that, and we would be detention until graduation. And that's if we weren't tossed out of school. Discipline is about actions and consequences, about right and wrong and we need a lot more of it these days.

I hope the $360k that has now been raised actually makes it to her.

I'm not going to watch it because I know it would put me over the edge. From reading the comments linked in the first post and all of THP's comments I know it would just kill me. All I can think about if what if that was my mother or grandmother. Heads would be rolling, that's all I have to say. If I ever spoke to ANYONE, let alone an elder like that as a kid I wouldn't be here typing this today.

Wow. That is absolutely horrible. Youth these days have no respect or manners. I can tell you if I ever heard my daughter doing something like this she would not be happy with the consequenses. This is just totally unacceptable. This just really pisses me off and would have never happened when I was younger. I can't believe nobody said anything or tried to stop it.

Seriously. Tappin'.

The pussification of america ...

it all started when they outlawed corporal punishment in schools. when a kid faced the thought of getting his ass beat with a paddle it kept things in a check a little easier..
now they dont even keep score in some of this kids sports cause everyone has to win cant hurt anyones feelings or teach life lessons. then we wonder why billy freaks out when he hits the real world and loses for the first time.

The pussification of america ...

it all started when they outlawed corporal punishment in schools. when a kid faced the thought of getting his ass beat with a paddle it kept things in a check a little easier..
now they dont even keep score in some of this kids sports cause everyone has to win cant hurt anyones feelings or teach life lessons. then we wonder why billy freaks out when he hits the real world and loses for the first time.

Couldn't have said it better. What happened to dodge ball? Kids can't even play tag in some schools. They play a "safer" version called air tag. Real Sports did a segment on this and it just makes me angry. Just like the kids in the video.

I'm somewhat relieves me that the one swift smack to the butt is now allowed. Gives some authority back to the parents. Actually witnessed this in public. I was in a store and a dad told his kid "let's go". Kid said hold on because he wasn't "ready". The dad walked over gave him a big smack to but and told him "when I say let's go, you go". Almost followed the guy so I could shake his hand for taking charge of the situation. I just gave him a big :D of approval instead. Not sure if he saw me smile though.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

I watched this entire video. It was really tough to make it through the entire thing. Brought a tear to my eye, it really did. I obviously share a lot of the same sentiments as everyone else here - these kids have something coming for them. It'll catch up to them somehow, someway.

I do have a little bit of a different perspective on kids though (and part of it may just be where I'm at). I was just recently hired for my first teaching job - I'll be in the same district I've been coaching at for four years now. And, to be quite honest, I couldn't imagine myself embarking on another career journey at this point. I've met and dealt with some of the most absolutely amazing kids. I really have. It's been a blast and I look forward to the future.

Just remember this - not all kids are the same way. Our future is not full of what you see in this video. Sadly, this portion of society will always exist. However, the type of kids that I have the pleasure of working with every day wouldn't stand for this type of crap - I can say with full certainty that they'd put a stop to it. Immediately. Now, I'm at one of the better districts in the state but these are just genuinely good kids for the most part. Do a few bad seeds exist? Sure. And they always will.

So, basically, I hope that some of you can still have some faith in our future. And I hope that seeing a video like this will ENCOURAGE more strong, positive-minded adults to pursue careers in education. We need teachers that can actually make a difference in these kids lives, teachers that can prevent something like this from happening (and a lot of that would come from having a greater amount of strong male influences in the classrooms).

It's just a very sad video. And she's such a sweet lady. I think she'd agree with a lot of what I've said - after all..she said it herself..not all kids are bad.

These kids will get what's coming to them.

Reactions: DB
That's an awesome post SP. There always has been bad and there always will be. It's good that the leaders of society are usually the good ones.

George Carlin had some good things to say about this. But that's nowhere near appropriate for this forum, so I won't post the video.

George Carlin had some good things to say about this. But that's nowhere near appropriate for this forum, so I won't post the video.

Carlin had some great things to say about a variety of things. Lord knows I wish he was still with us to bring sanity to these times we live in.

Steel Prez, great post, by the way.

you've got to be f'ing kidding me. how friggen rude. i cannot believe how crule that is.

Great post SP! I am glad we still have people out there like you that won't give up on youth today. You have a job that is super rewarding yet extremely underpaid. I wouldn't be who I am today because of, not only my parents, but my teachers as well.

Seriously. Tappin'.

We get this type of story in the UK all the time - so much so that I thought it was JUST the UK that was suffering from it. Unfortunately, with the advent of todays technology, our exposure to cases like this is all too frequent. This gives the impression that society is collapsing around our ears.

I don't, won't, believe this. I really believe that 99% of children are good, polite, considerate, respectful, etc... Of course you'll get bad apples like this, I had them in school 30 years ago - kids verbally and even physically abusing teachers happened back then, just as they do now.

It is so stupid what educators have to put up with and how the education system has declined over the last few years. My girlfriends mother teaches grade school and the superintendent doesn't allow the teachers to grade in red ink because red represents negativity and failure and it will emotionally challenge a child when they see so much red on their paper. They also can't tell the kids to stop what they are doing when misbehaving and they have to nicely ask if it's ok for the, to stop what they are going instead.

Smallville is right about most New Mexicans being uneducated-the education rankings of NM was 48 of 50 for over ten years, and the school district that I went to was 9 of 10 in the state.

It disgusts me how many times I saw situations like this when I was in middle school and high school.

it all comes down to the parents, these parents fought the school board about "negativity in teaching" which resulted in stupid mandates like those I shared above. And I believe the parents of this kid should be ashamed of themselves.

Back