I'm giving SuperSpeed Golf trainer a try!

I usually do the drills at the gym before a workout and they really dont take a lot of time. When i cant make it to the gym i will just do the drills at home and can get them in quickly particularly if time is an issue. So absolutely give it a shot i think you will enjoy it and get results. As to the radar having one gives you instant feedback, indicates what variations from grip pressure to turn and other factors have on swing speed. Most importantly i think it serves as a motivator to see where you are and encourages you and allows you to set goals and then know when you attain them. Its a great feeling when you instantly see the results and your speed is increasing . And i firmly believe this program translates to results on the course.

I usually do the drills at the gym before a workout and they really dont take a lot of time. When i cant make it to the gym i will just do the drills at home and can get them in quickly particularly if time is an issue. So absolutely give it a shot i think you will enjoy it and get results. As to the radar having one gives you instant feedback, indicates what variations from grip pressure to turn and other factors have on swing speed. Most importantly i think it serves as a motivator to see where you are and encourages you and allows you to set goals and then know when you attain them. Its a great feeling when you instantly see the results and your speed is increasing . And i firmly believe this program translates to results on the course.

Agreed, it definitely translates. My #'s since the review, and now since starting the program again don't lie. 166 ball speed is legit. LOL

I am thinking of getting these and want to know if anyone has the Swing Trainer SC200, does this measure the swing speed with these sticks? (not hitting a ball) I don't want to have to buy
a whole different swing speed radar to monitor gains.

I am thinking of getting these and want to know if anyone has the Swing Trainer SC200, does this measure the swing speed with these sticks? (not hitting a ball) I don't want to have to buy

Highly unlikely that the SC200 could do it. I never tried while I owned the 200 but I can't imagine a mode where it would pick up the numbers.

Darn, thanks Molten.....Can anyone out there that currently has a SC200 and superspeed stix (or just a driver) give it a try?

I have an sc200 and speedstix and was told wouldn’t work. I just assumed that speed increased but never purchased a separate radar. Can’t say for certain but I did not lose any distance this year (ripe age of 60) and would say I gained a few yards with a good swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn, thanks Molten.....Can anyone out there that currently has a SC200 and superspeed stix (or just a driver) give it a try?

No it will not. I use the SC200 on the range and the SS&Temp Timer with the sticks.

Alright, I have been back on the superspeed train for 7 weeks, doing third week of level 1 training. This is my 3rd time doing the program (1st time I strained my groin doing the program, 2nd time I tweaked my back doing something else) and I have been doing an exercise program along with this.

I have felt like I was swinging faster, had some better drives but Arccos wasn't telling me any real improvement. Until my last round. My average drive has gone up 10 yards since September 1st, and I have had 3 of my best 4 rounds of the year. I am seeing slight upticks in numbers when I do the training (finally cracked 130 w/green 2 weeks ago, hit 132 yesterday) but obviously the course is where I want to see payoff.

My swing speed has probably gone from 88-89 to 93-94. That is 6-7% improvement and as my physical conditioning improves I think I can inch closer to 100 mph. I have 30 days until a full bag fitting, so another 4+ weeks of training before I see some hardcore data and I will report back then with where my numbers are.

Alright, I have been back on the superspeed train for 7 weeks, doing third week of level 1 training. This is my 3rd time doing the program (1st time I strained my groin doing the program, 2nd time I tweaked my back doing something else) and I have been doing an exercise program along with this.

I have felt like I was swinging faster, had some better drives but Arccos wasn't telling me any real improvement. Until my last round. My average drive has gone up 10 yards since September 1st, and I have had 3 of my best 4 rounds of the year. I am seeing slight upticks in numbers when I do the training (finally cracked 130 w/green 2 weeks ago, hit 132 yesterday) but obviously the course is where I want to see payoff.

My swing speed has probably gone from 88-89 to 93-94. That is 6-7% improvement and as my physical conditioning improves I think I can inch closer to 100 mph. I have 30 days until a full bag fitting, so another 4+ weeks of training before I see some hardcore data and I will report back then with where my numbers are.

Good stuff. I need to get back into this over the winter. Totally stopped doing it this year. I would think 130 with the green would have you way higher than 93-94 with your driver.

Nice work, man. I need to get started with this again. I bailed fairly quickly last spring for no real reason.

Good stuff. I need to get back into this over the winter. Totally stopped doing it this year. I would think 130 with the green would have you way higher than 93-94 with your driver.

I have had a few measuring 97/98, most with the green are still in the 120s so I think if I am over 130 more than I am under with the green then the numbers willl perk up even more.

I registered just to join the fun here. I bought the sticks last week.

A week before buying the sticks, I spent an hour at the range combining everything I thought I knew about swinging fast. I know I have speed in me, but it really comes and goes, and my swing gets lazy. I'm a single digit capper and it feels like my driver varies between 95 mph and 105 mph on the course. I'll bomb it 300+ on rare occasions, 270-280 on good days, and some days I struggle to get it out there 250. I tend to guide my irons and hit them relatively short - 135 9 iron, 160 7 iron.

I used the SS Radar and the below should represent my max capabilities at the time, but it took a lot of work to get swinging this well.

7 iron 85 mph avg, 90 max
4 hybrid 100 mph max
Driver 108 avg, 111 max

A week later I did my first session with the sticks. I did a pre-test and I averaged 106 mph for a three ball set with my driver.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but it started in the teens with the green stick and moved up to the 120s. I did hit 134 with one swing, but although it felt fast I don't know if it was an anomaly. The lefty swings are incredibly inconsistent, hopefully that will get better. I don't think I cracked the 120s with the red stick, but it was definitely somewhere in the teens.

It's nice to just swing and not worry about the clubface or clubpath, and you can really feel your body learning how to swing athletically and how to load the club and your hips.

Long story short, the three ball test after the workout (and I was a little fatigued) gave me an average of 110 mph. Swinging the driver feels a lot more awkward, so I think I have excess tension when I put a real club in my hand.

So the drills immediately brought out my current best potential, but I didn't see an immediate improvement on my max club head speed.

I think I have three paths to grow in:

1. Accustom the body to swinging fast
2. Learn how to move athletically in the golf swing better
3. Get out of my own way when I am actually swinging the golf club - remove tension and fear

I saw an immediate improvement in my iron swings - I was just launching 7 irons and my irons were going about one club farther. On the flip (pun intended?) side they were also showing an alarming tendency towards a high draw / high hook. I'm a straight ball hitter, but a lot of that may be from really controlling the clubhead and forcing it straight at impact (drive hold)

I'm looking forward to going through the workouts. I'm a big believer in training speed now, which I haven't done consistently ever before.

I did my fourth session today, second one with the swing speed radar. It wasn't a great session as it's cold in Houston right now, but I hit 130 on the green stick and got a few lefty swings over 100.

My friend did half the program and picked up 2 mph on his swing speed with the driver before and after. 101->103

The funny thing was he couldn't even get the green stick above 100 on most swings and still saw a benefit.

I'm still putting in the work and hope to see regular driver swings in the 110+ range, but I didn't see it today. Still, being bundled up and cold is not conducive to fast swings.

This is still on my mind to try, and I must remember to have a word with my instructor when I have my next lesson in a couple weeks time as he has these sitting in one of the bags in his facility

Wanted to join in on the training discussion and swing speed radar...

I'm laying the ground work to do this training this winter and decided to get the radar first to see where I stood. Based on my carry numbers this past season I figured I'd be somewhere around 105. Sure enough the radar was catching me between 102 and 107 with pretty solid consistency.

I remember a couple years ago being measured on trackman at 112mph. So seeing this lower number and the lower distance this year really bugged me. I decided to play with setup and swing just to see what I could get to. Long story short I'm getting 120 to 122 now with some differences in setup and swing thoughts. Same radar, same setup and the sound the driver makes is definitely higher pitched.

Has anyone seen increases like this in their tinkering while working on swing speed? Hell I haven't even starting training and apparently I've had 15mph just sitting in the tank this whole time.
For example I always viewed my swing as somewhat wide (Inside heels was 19" or so). I moved out to 22.5" and saw a jump in speed
Always tried for a smooth controlled takeaway. Changed to a still smooth but quicker tempo takeaway and saw another jump in speed
The third thing I did was play with the weight on the driver head. All three independently seemed to give a modest bump in speed.

Point of this post - Everyone, speed training or not, should go through this exercise and get the radar. It's been said before but having that feedback has been incredible. Also curious what subtle tweaks everyone has done that resulted in a speed boost

I have been using the super speed sticks for about 4 weeks and have shown dramatic improvement in speed. However, taking it to the course, I am miss hitting alot of drives. How is everyone taking their new found speed to the course? Trying to hit it as far as possible or slowing things down to hit it on the button hoping the swing speed is getting faster?

I have been using the super speed sticks for about 4 weeks and have shown dramatic improvement in speed. However, taking it to the course, I am miss hitting alot of drives. How is everyone taking their new found speed to the course? Trying to hit it as far as possible or slowing things down to hit it on the button hoping the swing speed is getting faster?

I think there's a big danger of getting longdrivitis when you get to the course, which of course makes you slower and more inaccurate. Longdrivitis is what happens when you are trying too hard and getting too excited. My first and second rounds after getting the sticks weren't that great. However, I did have stretches of glory - birdieing 3 of the last 5 holes after I told myself on the last 7 holes to just hit the fairway and green. The trouble I've had is that I don't usually play courses where I get to warm up on the range first or I don't make it a priority. This is a challenge when you are changing up your game.

I believe that there are levels of adaptation. First you need to take the new swingspeed from the sticks and apply it to the driver - this is where I'm at. Then you need to see it in practice hitting balls on the range, first in block practice, and then in interleaved or random practice. Finally, you should be seeing it on the course and just relax because you know you now have a bigger motor.

I have good news to report. After 10 days of practice, I finally saw new highs on clubhead speed with my driver - 115 mph after a previous high of 111. I feel like I've got 120 mph in the bag, I just need to transfer more of the 130+ mph green speed over to the driver. (and now I need to see if that 115 mph transfers to hitting balls, the range was closed yesterday)

Alright, I picked up another trainer and radar (for the third time) and intend to finish the training protocols this time around. Today was day one of the intro protocol and mannnnnn, I forgot how much of a sweat you work up doing these!

Day 1, v3 speed check: 113 mph

MDWdbUdl.jpg

I think there's a big danger of getting longdrivitis when you get to the course, which of course makes you slower and more inaccurate. Longdrivitis is what happens when you are trying too hard and getting too excited. My first and second rounds after getting the sticks weren't that great. However, I did have stretches of glory - birdieing 3 of the last 5 holes after I told myself on the last 7 holes to just hit the fairway and green. The trouble I've had is that I don't usually play courses where I get to warm up on the range first or I don't make it a priority. This is a challenge when you are changing up your game.

I believe that there are levels of adaptation. First you need to take the new swingspeed from the sticks and apply it to the driver - this is where I'm at. Then you need to see it in practice hitting balls on the range, first in block practice, and then in interleaved or random practice. Finally, you should be seeing it on the course and just relax because you know you now have a bigger motor.

I have good news to report. After 10 days of practice, I finally saw new highs on clubhead speed with my driver - 115 mph after a previous high of 111. I feel like I've got 120 mph in the bag, I just need to transfer more of the 130+ mph green speed over to the driver. (and now I need to see if that 115 mph transfers to hitting balls, the range was closed yesterday)

I agree big time...
So I did this last year from January to April. Being an idiot I was using " gym logic" and thought. "Set" was doing the 6 swings with each club. Long story short...I was so friggin tired, then I found out I was doing triple the swings in every workout. Not only that, I was doing it 5 days a week.

That's in the past. My plan last year went wrong,.. I decided to NOT hit any balls with my driver over the winter. Even irons, I was only hitting wedges. I wanted to just come out in the spring with a new, more powerful swing. Boy was I wrong...

Like a previous poster said, I couldn't find the center of the clubface with any club. I saw zero distance gains because of it. When I tried to slow down it threw off my timing. I was horrible for most of the year....Yes...spent the whole year hitting it like crap, never knew where anything was going. I blame it on me not mixing in hitting balls at my indoor place while I was doing the training.

This year the courses are closed already so I'm going to start up the protocol now. I'm going to hit balls with my driver and ions all week as well. Sounds like a better plan.

I agree big time...
So I did this last year from January to April. Being an idiot I was using " gym logic" and thought. "Set" was doing the 6 swings with each club. Long story short...I was so friggin tired, then I found out I was doing triple the swings in every workout. Not only that, I was doing it 5 days a week.

Funny you mention that because I did the same thing when I started up again and realized I was wrong after watching the videos on SuperSpeed Golf again. It's much more reasonable when you do the prescribed number of sets :rofl:.

Back