Introduction from South Dakota!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP from another one stuck in South Dakota (Sioux Falls)! Glad you joined!

Awesome! I lived in Brookings for about 7 months for an internship, and really enjoyed my time over there. Unfortunately, I hadn't gotten back into golf at that time so I never got to try out any of the courses down there.

Thanks everybody for being so welcoming!

Welcome to THP! Glad to have you here!

Welcome Psyclonian

I lived at Ellsworth back in the 70's and played high school golf there. Worked in the Elks Club pro shop when it was only 9 holes and there was nothing on the base. Do you play most of your rounds at Meadowbrook or ...???

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome Psyclonian

I lived at Ellsworth back in the 70's and played high school golf there. Worked in the Elks Club pro shop when it was only 9 holes and there was nothing on the base. Do you play most of your rounds at Meadowbrook or ...???

I actually played the Elks most of the year, as they had usually one cheap tee time per day online throughout the summer which I grabbed up whenever I could (I missed half of the summer, so didn't end up getting a membership anywhere). I really enjoy golfing there, as it is a nice course that is fairly inexpensive. Oddly enough, I haven't played Meadowbrook since my high school days. There were 3 or 4 times throughout the summer where I was going to go there, but it just didn't work out for one reason or another.

I'll probably be getting a membership for "The Golf Course at Red Rock" for next year. I golfed there 3 times throughout this past season, and it is absolutely gorgeous. It is set in the Black Hills right outside of town, lots of elevation changes, wildlife, just an awesome experience each time I went.

Welcome to THP! I'm a big fan of 16 of the 18 holes at Red Rocks. It is a very fun course, try and make it to Elkhorn Ridge next summer.

Welcome to THP! I'm a big fan of 16 of the 18 holes at Red Rocks. It is a very fun course, try and make it to Elkhorn Ridge next summer.

Might I ask which 2 holes you are not a fan of?

A buddy asked me to go to the course in Spearfish Canyon when the weather warms up a bit. I don't know if that is the same one you're talking about, or even the name of the one he wants to go to. Either way, I'm very excited!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Might I ask which 2 holes you are not a fan of?

A buddy asked me to go to the course in Spearfish Canyon when the weather warms up a bit. I don't know if that is the same one you're talking about, or even the name of the one he wants to go to. Either way, I'm very excited!

The two holes I don't care for are #2 and #15, 2 I just can never figure out where to hit my tee shot no matter how many times I play there and 15 I feel is an unfair hole it takes too perfect of a shot to play the hole. As for Spearfish Canyon Country Club it is an old school front nine with a premium on shot making and a newer back nine that is more forgiving.

Welcome to THP!

The two holes I don't care for are #2 and #15, 2 I just can never figure out where to hit my tee shot no matter how many times I play there and 15 I feel is an unfair hole it takes too perfect of a shot to play the hole. As for Spearfish Canyon Country Club it is an old school front nine with a premium on shot making and a newer back nine that is more forgiving.

That is kind of funny, as I have had quite the same experience with those two holes.

Hole 2 (dogleg left par 5) - Blind tee shot if you try and take any amount of the corner off - 2 of the 3 times I've played this hole, I've thought I hit perfect drawn drives that I figured would be in the middle of the fairway, just vanished. No where to be seen lol.

Hole 15 - (Downhill par 3) - My dad has hit what we thought were nice shots. Short right, figured it would roll down the bank on the right side down just short of the green. The first time, we were blown away at the fact that his ball was no where to be found. The second time we ended up finding it far left in the trees and deep stuff (must have taken a wicked bounce off the bank). I've actually had pretty good luck with this hole, but needless to say my dad hates it. The 2nd and 3rd time we played I'd joke around a few holes in advance which hole (15th) was coming up lol.

From a former Mechanical Engineer, Welcome to THP! Good luck finishing up that engineering degree & landing a job. What type of engineering field are you in?

Welcome to THP.

Welcome aboard, I'm also a fellow South Dakota THPer (Sioux Falls).

I actually lived out in Rapid for about 8 years when I was younger and learned how to golf at Lacroix Links (I think it's a YMCA course now). My brother still lives in Spearfish and is a member at Elkhorn Ridge. I was out there this year and played it with him, it's a fun course but sucks if there is any wind! There are some awesome golfing options out in the hills.

Rapid City is actually a part of my sales territory, when I get out there this next spring/summer I'll have to look you up and we can get out for a round. Glad to see a West River member!

Back