Invest In Rain Gear

I never look at any forecasts for THP Events but always go prepared. Better safe than sorry
I’m running around San Antonio and the weather was on in the lobby of the hotel. I’ll make rain gear an investment soon.

I bought the last puma one because someone in this thread posted about it being on sale around during the black Friday sales. I’ll never buy a cheap rain coat again. Totally worth it. It’s just my go to rain coat now. The old one I had was still got me a little wet. Just not worth it.

My only real complaint is it doesn’t have a hood.

I bought the last puma one because someone in this thread posted about it being on sale around during the black Friday sales. I’ll never buy a cheap rain coat again. Totally worth it. It’s just my go to rain coat now. The old one I had was still got me a little wet. Just not worth it.

My only real complaint is it doesn’t have a hood.
I have a pretty sweet Callaway rain hat they gave us at the Goat Cup. I didn't really think about a rain hat and now that I have one it’s nuts how good they are

I have a pretty sweet Callaway rain hat they gave us at the Goat Cup. I didn't really think about a rain hat and now that I have one it’s nuts how good they are
Ok. That could be a purchase then. It’s not like I have to play in the rain but I don’t mind it if I stay dry.

Ok. That could be a purchase then. It’s not like I have to play in the rain but I don’t mind it if I stay dry.
This is the one I received.

I have that one also. We don't have to deal with rain often, but it's a great hat for the sun as well.

Played this past weekend in Arcteryx Beta AR, kept me very dry and roomy enough to swing. Don't see Arcteryx mention that much in rain gear.

Played this past weekend in Arcteryx Beta AR, kept me very dry and roomy enough to swing. Don't see Arcteryx mention that much in rain gear.
Typically golf gear is cut differently to allow for the movement of the golf swing. Whilst Arcteryx is working for you, likely it may not for others. Also it's damn expensive and you can get as good or better for arguably less money.

If anyone is looking for affordable but effective, the Adidas Provisional rain jacket and pants have been great for me (especially around $50 or so per piece). Until such time as I can drop bigger coin on something like Galway Bay, etc.

I bought some Puma rain gear right before the Morgan Cup, to make sure I was prepared. Didn't have to use at the MC, but last month at Southern Pines, we got rained on pretty good and that rain gear came in clutch. I'll always make sure I have it with me going forward.

I have have a Footjoy bucket rain hat that i have had for years and it works great . The Callaway looks very nice. It got me thinking that the ultimate cool bucket rain hat would be one with the THP logo.

I'm up to four jackets and two pairs of pants from Zero Restrictions.
None of them had any effect on my swing over the winter. I had a very nice round in January's 40 degree weather.
But, I'm taking a bit of a break since a ton of rain and warmer temperatures has made the ground very mushy.

And just like that, my rain gear has gone missing.
Must have left it at a THP Experience. This is not ideal

Ooof that's no bueno

Ugh dude that sucks. Is there a chance you pulled it and it’s just in your garage or travel bag?

Ugh dude that sucks. Is there a chance you pulled it and it’s just in your garage or travel bag?
Oh why didnt I think to look in my travel cover?
Not my first rodeo haha.

Its gone.

Oh why didnt I think to look in my travel cover?
Not my first rodeo haha.

Its gone.
In moments of panic, the obvious sometimes isn’t obvious

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Is there any real discernible difference between getting ‘golf specific’ rain gear vs just waterproof pants and a thin waterproof jacket? Besides price of course.
My beef with non golf rain gear is that it can be "noisy".
I find golf specific stuff less so.
I have an older Nike jacket and pants that are way quieter than my camping rain gear.
Currently looking for replacement before an overseas trip.

I'll give an update here. I bought a rain jacket from Sunice as they were for a pretty good price and they also had a 50% sale in addition to 20% my first order. I ended up getting a $250 jacket for $100. It got it for the Victory Cup but fortunately didn't need it there. I did need it once I got back home for a tournament and have used it a few times since. I've been very happy with it so far and am glad I made the purchase. This in addition to the Mizuno Rain gloves has made rounds playing in the rain go from dread to no big deal.

Managed to pick up some FJ rain pants @ 60% off.
Got a Jacket for 50% off as well.
Should be set for Scotland in two weeks.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I've never had a set, but the forecast heading in to the WWGC last week was pretty iffy so I grabbed a set. Of course it didn't end up raining, but it's nice to know that I have a set in the bag now if I do get caught in a shower at some point

Back