Invest In Rain Gear

Just loaded up the rain gear.
Its now an every trip packing for me.
Rather be prepared and not need it than needing it and either buying another set that's expensive / junk / doesn't fit well or needing to skip a round due to it.

I have been watching the weather. I do not own any rain gear. Never have and have never needed it. I am hoping there are no issues next week.
Assuming it fits, I'll lend you the jacket I have. If you don't need it at least you'll have that insurance. Remind me Sunday

Assuming it fits, I'll lend you the jacket I have. If you don't need it at least you'll have that insurance. Remind me Sunday
You're the best!

I'm borrowing my sons. I usually won't play in the rain but this is a once in a lifetime experience.

I purchased a set when I ordered my rangefinder. Site had a coupon if you spent a certain amount. The rangefinder price was set and wouldn't go lower, so I added the rain gear and paid almost nothing for it.

It's not the best, but it's better than nothing. And I'd only use it if the round was a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of round. I'm not going to play my local courses in the rain.

Rain gear ✅

Need to find new pants-- lost too much weight and now ones from Budget are way too big and look like I'm going snow boarding/skating in the late 1990's.

The OP is sooooo true. Never been as miserable as the times I've been caught in rain without proper rain gear. Being cold and wet is the worst.

My current go to is a pair of Sunice rain pants and an Ogio All Elements rain jacket. Both are pretty much money.

Based on checking weather at Dormie in a few weeks, I may need to get some just in case.

I'm looking at getting some for the Victory Cup to be on the safe side. I don't play much in the rain though as usually here in Texas if it's raining then it's a downpour so I want to keep it economical. I'm looking at a few Sunice Options. The Chase Rain Jacket, the Jay Zephal Jacket, and Allendale 2.0 Water Repellant 1/2 Zip Pullover.

Has anyone tried any of these? Or any other economical options you like?

I'm looking at getting some for the Victory Cup to be on the safe side. I don't play much in the rain though as usually here in Texas if it's raining then it's a downpour so I want to keep it economical. I'm looking at a few Sunice Options. The Chase Rain Jacket, the Jay Zephal Jacket, and Allendale 2.0 Water Repellant 1/2 Zip Pullover.

Has anyone tried any of these? Or any other economical options you like?

If you want to save some cash, check out the Puma Storm rain stuff. It is from a few years ago, but it was really good for me a while back.
I have moved to a bit more of a long term play and more expensive, but that Storm jacket was pretty darn good.

Also check Budget Golf as they have a number of things for sale in the rain gear area that can usually be had.

If you want to save some cash, check out the Puma Storm rain stuff. It is from a few years ago, but it was really good for me a while back.
I have moved to a bit more of a long term play and more expensive, but that Storm jacket was pretty darn good.

Also check Budget Golf as they have a number of things for sale in the rain gear area that can usually be had.
That's where I've been looking. They had a great deal on a Puma Storm Jacket for $79.00 but I don't think I could swing in a Small if I could even get it on. :ROFLMAO:

They do have some decent deals on some of the Sunice stuff. I'm ok going up to about $200 but don't really want to go more than that. I'll see if I can find any of the Storm stuff anywhere.

I went ahead went with the Sunice Chase Rain Jacket. They had them on sale for 50% off on their site and the first time purchase discount code for 20% off worked too. That made the $250 jacket only $100.

I have looked at this type of stuff for a few months now. Is there a specific time that this particular type of product goes on sale? I understand why it is on the more pricey side, just looking to save some coin.

A couple years ago my wife gifted me with a set of the FJ HydroLite rain gear. Some of the best money spent IMO. Quality rain gear doubles as a light layer for warmth; you'd be surprised how warm layered GORE-TEX can be! Additionally, I highly recommend a quality umbrella.

Clearly this type of gear is expensive, I get it. However, if you buy the right stuff the first time chances are you won't have to spend the money a second time, at least for several years.
I tried out my Zero Restrictions jacket and pants and it was really warm in 60 degree weather. Wore the jacket over a quarter zip. No issues with swinging a golf club.

Anyone have any experience with the Callaway Swing Tech Stormguard? There is a good deal on the jackets right now and I need a new zip up rain jacket. I love the ZR stuff but I am not sure I want to spring for a Z2000.

This is the one I am looking at:

I got bombed on during a charity round on Friday, my rain resistant jacket didn’t cut it… at all

Last edited:
Just packed up some rain gear in the travel cover. Alway prepared

Is there something that can fix hitting into a 20 mph headwind on all 18 holes at TPC Las Vegas? Asking for a friend.
Every stinkin hole was into the wind 😂👍🏼

Just packed up some rain gear in the travel cover. Alway prepared
Mine isn’t great quality but I brought it. Forecast 😀 suspect for Thursday. Wednesday looks perfect!!

Mine isn’t great quality but I brought it. Forecast 😀 suspect for Thursday. Wednesday looks perfect!!
I never look at any forecasts for THP Events but always go prepared. Better safe than sorry

Back