Invest In Rain Gear

The biggest differences to me are two main things.

1. Pants that dont sag and feel like you have a giant turd hanging.
2. Neck line and shoulders that dont creep up when you swing.

For years I went non-golf specific, but my last three have been and its night and day to me.
Top/jacket that doesn't creep during the swing is such a key. I have a pretty decent climbing jacket, but for whatever reason the golf specific stuff seems to manage the golf swing a whole lot better, IMO.

Reactions: JB
Always been a fan of FJ and Sun Mountain when it comes to rain gear.

Have worn it multiple times in the last few weeks as our wet spring in OH continues.

Have had good luck with Galway Bay. I have a full zip jacket, a half sleeve pullover, a pair of unlined pants and a pair of zip off leg pants.

I got a decent rain jacket and pants that are lightweight and flexible. Never know when you need them and it beats getting soaked to the bone when it is a cold rain.

I just had a friend go on a golf trip and while there, the weather turned and he ended up skipping one round and buying a rain jacket for the next.
Lesson learned haha

I'm prepared.

I have "all" the necessary rain gear, some really good gear. However, it all sits at home as it's the very rare occasion that I plan on playing in the rain. With that said, if I were to go on a golf trip where there is a remote possibility of rain, all of said gear is coming along.

This thread definitely convinced me to get some rain gear before Shaft Up. I'd be fine getting rained out on my local courses, but no way I was going to even have a remote chance of being caught off guard at a THP experience. I may not have picked up the most stylish gear since I went cheap, but at least I'm prepared now with pants, gloves and jacket.

This thread definitely convinced me to get some rain gear before Shaft Up. I'd be fine getting rained out on my local courses, but no way I was going to even have a remote chance of being caught off guard at a THP experience. I may not have picked up the most stylish gear since I went cheap, but at least I'm prepared now with pants, gloves and jacket.
Don't skimp on a budget umbrella, you will definitely regret it if you do...

I just had a friend go on a golf trip and while there, the weather turned and he ended up skipping one round and buying a rain jacket for the next.
Lesson learned haha
A few months ago I bought a Galway Bay rain suit, which replaced my 10 year old Nike one. I haven't used it yet, but it is no where near as baggy and should be so much easier to swing in.

I bought a good Nike Storm-Fit rain suit a few years ago and it has served me well.

I always keep my Footjoy rain suit ( pants and jacket ) in my golf bag. Thinking about it along with if it starts to rain , on days in the morning when its a close call between shorts and long pants i wear shorts. If it is too cold or doesnt warm up i can throw my rain pants over my shorts. And if it gets warm i dont have to think i wish i wore shorts.

I need to remember to put mine in my bag. Footjoy Hydro something. Purchased a while back, never worn, and probably doesn't fit me well since I've lost weight. I'm still bringing it.:D

@JB This is a must and like you replied there is a huge difference. I have the 3/4 sleeve top with rain paints and when it rains I could care less, I get out in it and play. Unless it's lightening or just absolutely pounding cats and dogs.

Good post BTW, needed to be mentioned.

Just got a new Gore Tex jacket and got a pair of Gore Tex pants a few months back. They aren't golf specific (mostly because I feel like a rain jacket without a hood isn't a freaking rain jacket) but they have good mobility. I'm prepared!

Have had good luck with Galway Bay. I have a full zip jacket, a half sleeve pullover, a pair of unlined pants and a pair of zip off leg pants.
Seeing this thread pop up…

@Browndog is this a need come November on the Georgia coast?

I don’t like playing in a rain jacket, but I have a 3/4 sleeve rain too that I wear all the time. It was a game changer.

Hate rain. No rain gear for me. Too many other things to do vs being out there dealing with that stuff.

I don’t like playing in a rain jacket, but I have a 3/4 sleeve rain too that I wear all the time. It was a game changer.

Rain jackets are definitely not all created equally. I agree some are just terrible to swing in.

Hate rain. No rain gear for me. Too many other things to do vs being out there dealing with that stuff.
So if you travel for golf or go on a golf trip and it rains you just don’t play?

Just loaded up the rain gear.
Its now an every trip packing for me.

Just loaded up the rain gear.
Its now an every trip packing for me.

I have been watching the weather. I do not own any rain gear. Never have and have never needed it. I am hoping there are no issues next week.

Back