Do you still have to pay $.99 a month to Apple for iCloud storage with that much on your phone?

as soon as I bought my iPhone X with 64gb had to start paying that
Yeah, I pay the $0.99 for the 250 gig (or whatever it is) iCloud storage. I figure I can handle those finances. šŸ˜† I donā€™t back my photos up to the cloud, so I donā€™t need anymore than whatever I have in that plan - I transfer my photos into the Photos app on my iMac and theyā€™re backed up in Time Machine.

My 8+ still does everything I need it to do and battery health is reported as good. I don't need to upgrade but may do so but later, not during pre-order.

Got the shipping notification today. I'm more excited than I thought I would be

Got the shipping notification today. I'm more excited than I thought I would be
I've already bought a case, screen protector, and a Magsafe charger and desk stand, have it all waiting for the phone to arrive. :LOL:

I've already bought a case, screen protector, and a Magsafe charger and desk stand, have it all waiting for the phone to arrive. :LOL:

I plan on upgrading later this week from the XS Max. Need to eventually move over from sprint/T-Mobile to Verizon but wonā€™t be for a few years.

I plan on upgrading later this week from the XS Max. Need to eventually move over from sprint/T-Mobile to Verizon but wonā€™t be for a few years.
Depending on which model and what storage capacity you're looking at, some of them are backed up into mid-October delivery dates already. It seems like the Max versions in 512 GB and 1 TB have the longest waits right now, Apple may have underestimated the demand for those models and not produced as many.

Also, if you want to witness the heights of anxiety, drama and psychotic obsession, check out the 'USA Preorders, Orders and Delivery Status' thread in the MacRumors iPhone forum. Already 350 pages and 8,735 posts. :ROFLMAO: :oops:

Well my original SE's battery has finally had it. It won't last past early afternoon without a charge.
So I ended up ordering 13 mini as I don't like the bigger phones.

With AT&T trade-in program, it was free. So I couldn't pass it up.

Well my original SE's battery has finally had it. It won't last past early afternoon without a charge.
So I ended up ordering 13 mini as I don't like the bigger phones.

With AT&T trade-in program, it was free. So I couldn't pass it up.
Can't beat free!

My 13 Pro should arrive tomorrow, looking forward to it. Always fun to play with new tech toys!

Can't beat free!

My 13 Pro should arrive tomorrow, looking forward to it. Always fun to play with new tech toys!
My 13 should arrive tomorrow, too. Interesting shipment progress details:
Original scan: ZhengZhou, CN > Incheon, KR > Anchorage, AK > Louisville, KY > Nashville, TN .... in 4 days.

13 Pro is out for delivery!

My wifes 13 Pro is out for delivery.

She is out of town for a bachlorette party so I will get it cased up and a screen protector on it so it is ready when she gets back.

JUST ARRIVED!

CC0A47AF-EAED-43F7-A849-DE58DE9E089C.jpeg

My wifes 13 Pro is out for delivery.

She is out of town for a bachlorette party so I will get it cased up and a screen protector on it so it is ready when she gets back.
#BrowniePoints šŸ˜‚

#BrowniePoints šŸ˜‚

She doesn't even know she is getting it... She is still on the iPhone X I think, so hoping she appreciates the upgrade, at least the camera.

Got me the iPhone 13 128gb in blue today. I must say the blue is quite nice in person.

Messing with the 13 pro now. Iā€™m going to like this compared to my XR. camera is pretty sweet

Last edited:
Messing with the 13 pro now. Iā€™m going to like this compared to my XR camera is pretty sweet
Setting mine up as we speak, looking forward to playing around with the camera features a bit

Man, device-to-device transfer sure makes setup easy. Copied everything over in about 5 minutes, then offered to wipe my old phone and get it ready for trade-in. Updated to the latest version of iOS 15 and everything works perfectly.

First thing I did out of the box was install a screen protector, then right into a case. I donā€™t trust myself! šŸ˜†. The Spigen screen protector with the plastic alignment frame makes for a simple and perfect install.

First impression is that battery life so far is amazing compared to my XS. The 120 Hz screen is nice too.

Man, device-to-device transfer sure makes setup easy. Copied everything over in about 5 minutes, then offered to wipe my old phone and get it ready for trade-in. Updated to the latest version of iOS 15 and everything works perfectly.

First thing I did out of the box was install a screen protector, then right into a case. I donā€™t trust myself! šŸ˜†. The Spigen screen protector with the plastic alignment frame makes for a simple and perfect install.

First impression is that battery life so far is amazing compared to my XS. The 120 Hz screen is nice too.

I have spigen case and screen protector, for them money they are tough to beat. I also agree with how easy the process is now with transitioning to a new phone.

I have spigen case and screen protector, for them money they are tough to beat. I also agree with how easy the process is now with transitioning to a new phone.
Iā€™m using a Spigen Liquid Air case right now - they call it ā€œMagSafe compatibleā€, but it doesnā€™t have a magnet in the case so itā€™s pretty weak. It will barely hold on a MagSafe charger, and Iā€™d never trust it in a car mount. I ordered a Caudabe Sheath, which does have a magnet built into the case, Iā€™ll see how that works. Might eventually end up in a Speck Presidio2 Grip MagSafe, I liked that case on my XS.

Iā€™m using a Spigen Liquid Air case right now - they call it ā€œMagSafe compatibleā€, but it doesnā€™t have a magnet in the case so itā€™s pretty weak. It will barely hold on a MagSafe charger, and Iā€™d never trust it in a car mount. I ordered a Caudabe Sheath, which does have a magnet built into the case, Iā€™ll see how that works. Might eventually end up in a Speck Presidio2 Grip MagSafe, I liked that case on my XS.

I have the Mag Armor case for my iPhone 12 and it holds the Magsafe mount I have in my truck pretty well. Hasn't fallen off yet. šŸ¤ž

Link to the iPhone 12 model:

I don't know if this has already been discussed but it sounds like Europe may be going full USB-C including iPhone. If that passes maybe we finally get a universal charger.

I don't know if this has already been discussed but it sounds like Europe may be going full USB-C including iPhone. If that passes maybe we finally get a universal charger.

Going to be interesting to keep track of for sure. Macs are running USB-C now and so is the new iPad. Seems like only a matter of time. I'm sure they're making money on their proprietary connector, but not sure how much it really is in the bigger scheme.

Back