Here me still wishing I could get one. The max is sold out everywhere¡
If you have an Apple Store near you check their inventory. I wanted the pro and not the max and yesterday they only had gold and no max. I didn’t care about color so I just reserved it. Today they had the pro in every color and max in every color available.

Love to get the 14 promax because of the camera. But my 13 promax has 1 TB of storage, unlocked and paid for. Not a priority, so I’ll probably wait a few years…

Will be getting one before december. and also need to get a ps5 before november....

If you have an Apple Store near you check their inventory. I wanted the pro and not the max and yesterday they only had gold and no max. I didn’t care about color so I just reserved it. Today they had the pro in every color and max in every color available.
I've been checking every apple store within 100 miles and none of them have had a Max in any color all day. I've been checking every 20-30min.

For those getting one of these, are you going naked, or getting a case. And if a case, which one are you going for?
I always go with a case and a screen protector. My phone gets banged around a bit and even though I have AppleCare+, it's a 5 hour round trip to the nearest Apple Store to get it fixed if I bust it up.

The Caudabe Sheath is a nice case - fairly thin but still protective enough. I use the Spigen Glas.tR EZ Fit screen protectors, their installation process is easy and you get a perfect fit every time. They're cheap enough that I buy the 2-packs and replace them about once a year just for a nice, fresh, clean screen.

I've been checking every apple store within 100 miles and none of them have had a Max in any color all day. I've been checking every 20-30min.
Oh jeez. Ours was more coincidence. I didn’t even realize it was launch day. Just strolled into AT&T and they hade a couple of colors of each model available. I’m not a Max guy though thankfully.

We have these Apple MagSafe Duo Chargers for phone and watch, and love them and they are great for when we travel.
But I realized last night the spigen case I had on my iPhone 14pro isn’t MagSafe, so that had to change today, and I picked up a tech21 MagSafe compatible one to last until my Rhinoshield cases come in next month.

1663599022568.jpeg

iPhone 14 Pro was picked up yesterday. The new E-Sim was a pain to get activated, but now its all good and restored from back up without any issues. I like some of the feel and functionality so far. it's smaller than my 11 pro max, but I kind of like it better and light weight. The jury is still out on the camera sticking out from the frame, but it hasnt bugged me enough to regret it.

The only thing I am watching is battery life and making sure nothing isnt running in the background killing it. I have not used it much this morning and it's down to 88% so far. My day started at 4:30AM so I am taking that into consideration.

iPhone 14 Pro was picked up yesterday. The new E-Sim was a pain to get activated, but now its all good and restored from back up without any issues. I like some of the feel and functionality so far. it's smaller than my 11 pro max, but I kind of like it better and light weight. The jury is still out on the camera sticking out from the frame, but it hasnt bugged me enough to regret it.

The only thing I am watching is battery life and making sure nothing isnt running in the background killing it. I have not used it much this morning and it's down to 88% so far. My day started at 4:30AM so I am taking that into consideration.

the first few days of a new phone, the battery can drain a little quicker, as it’s still getting things sorted/logged/updated. Don’t be too worried if it drains a bit quicker for the first week or so.

The wife and I both got the regular 14s yesterday.

the first few days of a new phone, the battery can drain a little quicker, as it’s still getting things sorted/logged/updated. Don’t be too worried if it drains a bit quicker for the first week or so.
For sure. I am letting it drain down and then charging fully to maximize the battery life.

Me choosing a case is downright comical.
First one was too thick.
Second one was the wrong size.
Now im trying to find something "different"

Cant decide if it is worth moving to the iPhone 14 (standard) from the 13 pro. My battery already dies really quickly and it is only a $200 jump.

Finally got one in stock and reserved. Picking it up tomorrow. less than 12hrs left with a samsung.

Cant decide if it is worth moving to the iPhone 14 (standard) from the 13 pro. My battery already dies really quickly and it is only a $200 jump.
Only $200? Definitely worth it!

What would be the benefit of going to standard from Pro?
Oh crap I saw 14 and missed the standard. @jfox789 don’t do it! 13 Pro to 14 standard is a camera downgrade and no internal upgrade.

Thanks @JB! I just saw they were the same size! The 14 Pro would be $300 more.
I personally wouldn’t go from 13 to 14, but some might for sure. I went from 12 standard to 14 Pro and the camera is superior.

I personally wouldn’t go from 13 to 14, but some might for sure. I went from 12 standard to 14 Pro and the camera is superior.

Thanks! Ill save my $300 and put it towards the TSR wood I just ordered.

Thanks! Ill save my $300 and put it towards the TSR wood I just ordered.
Hopefully from Budget to match the driver You won.

Me choosing a case is downright comical.
First one was too thick.
Second one was the wrong size.
Now im trying to find something "different"
Sounds like a Godilocks and The Three Bears situation.

Thanks @JB! I just saw they were the same size! The 14 Pro would be $300 more.
I'd go 13 Pro to 14 Pro if the difference was only $200-300, but I wouldn't go Pro to Standard. Not even for a straight across trade. If your battery in your 13 Pro is dying, take it to an Apple Store and get a new battery - $69 with installation included.

I'd go 13 Pro to 14 Pro if the difference was only $200-300, but I wouldn't go Pro to Standard. Not even for a straight across trade. If your battery in your 13 Pro is dying, take it to an Apple Store and get a new battery - $69 with installation included.
I am probably in the minority that I wouldn't. Both are more than capable of handling IOS16.

Back