is/are your course(s) giving you any COVID-19 updates?

It's still winter in Central Canada where I live and there's no sign of any golf yet.
But our season will soon be here and I already got an email with changes for our 2020 season from a local course called Maplewood.
I thought I'd share it and see if you other members have seen similar moves at your home course.

Merged with another thread on the subject

All courses here in the UK are closed but maintenance is still ongoing

Our club still sends a weekly update email and pictures showing the maintenance work they have been able to do with no golfers on the course

I could have sworn we had a thread on this. Maybe I'm just thinking of random comments in other COVID-19 threads. I dunno...

Many courses have made significant changes. Many have, unnecessarily, gone as far as closing completely.

Merged with another thread on the subject

Good to see I'm not going crazy.

We played a different course than our home course today. Social distancing in the pro shop, carts sanitized between uses, pool noodles in the cups, no touching the flagsticks, no sand bottles on the carts, no rakes in the bunkers, snack bar completely closed. Course wasn't crowded and we weren't ever even within 200 yards of anybody else out on the course.

Last edited:
Of the two local public courses I hope to play soon, one is giving very good and detailed information. Based on their approach, I would feel comfortable playing there. The other course is offering far more generalized updates. I’m not clear on what they intend to do. They even sent an email for a kick off scramble complete with lunch. That doesn’t sound like it will work very well. The latter course, of course, is where I have my season pass. I suspect they’ll get it together eventually.

Of the two local public courses I hope to play soon, one is giving very good and detailed information. Based on their approach, I would feel comfortable playing there. The other course is offering far more generalized updates. I’m not clear on what they intend to do. They even sent an email for a kick off scramble complete with lunch. That doesn’t sound like it will work very well. The latter course, of course, is where I have my season pass. I suspect they’ll get it together eventually.

Well just after I posted, I received an update. The kick off scramble and outreach/social media info was previously scheduled. They forgot to unschedule. It is not happening. (y)

Two of the last three courses in the area that I know of that have been open, will be closing after today. One left...I doubt for long.

All of my local public courses are closed. Closest place to me open is about an hour. I'm driving 2 hours in the morning to play one last round before it hits my home area hard and I can't play for a few months. I am figuring mid June, just in time for it to be humid and 85 degrees haha

All the Courses in my state are closed. The closest open course is in CT about 30 minutes away.
I had a tee time today but it was cold and my arthritis is acting up.

I am going to assume the Governor will extend the ban on golf that expires on tues.

looks like courses may be opening up for walking only.

Still getting weekly updates. Course work is happening and should be in pristine shape when we can get back at it.

Our course is open for members only, single riders unless with an immediate family member, no rakes, leave the flags alone, and tee times every 20 mins (required, no walk ups).

I just got a notification that the little par 3 a few mins down the road is re-opening on Monday next week and following protocols, they are also re-opening their driving range with bring your own bucket being enforced and must use an e-key rather than the pin pad. I already have an e-key so I just need to find a bucket!

There's a full size course 5 mins in the other direction which does not appear to have been closed, I drove past the other day and it looked packed, I'll be staying away from there for a while yet still

I have gotten 2 emails, one that said we are closed, then one the next day that said we are open.

One course out of three has kept people updated on what's going on. And that is the one opening back up tomorrow

Back