Is Bryson a Top 5 Player in the World Right Now?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously this doesn't have anything to do with OWGR, but what do you think?

F9owhvVXYAAVKgt.jpeg

No. But top 10 maybe.

Last edited:
As much as I am not a fan of him as a person, have to respect his game on the course. It's close, if he's not in the Top 5, he's at least in the conversation.

dunno, haven't seen him play much.

got to be closeish

I agree with this ⬆️⬆️⬆️
I may after looking at some things rank him lower than 10.. I jumped at that number and I think it is high now.

Hard for me to give him a fair assessment as I haven't watched him golf in what feels like forever. But I'd err on the side of no. He seems to be playing in a way that puts him up there though.

As much as I am not a fan of him as a person, have to respect his game on the course. It's close, if he's not in the Top 5, he's at least in the conversation.

Yes, I think a case could be made that he is top 5. In any event, he's definitely in the top 10.

Just an eye test and gut feeling I would put him here. So yes

1698679182748.png

I think so.

I think it is hard to say but I am leaning toward no on top 5. I would say probably top 15 and maybe top 10.

His majors last year where:
Masters - cut
PGA - T4
USO - T20
BO - T60

Solid but doesn't scream top 5 in the world. The LIV wins are good but it is hard to validate them vs the rest of the universe of pro golfers.

Sure, why not? As with everything else that’s purely subjective, there’s no right or wrong answer.

Edit. He was as high as 4th in 2021 before he left the tour. So it’s plausible he’s still around there.

View attachment 9217740
This is what I was thinking. Feel like he could compete with anyone above him on any given day. Would he have the consistency those top 4 do…not quite sure but he’s definitely there with 5-8

I'd say somewhere around 11-13.

View attachment 9217740

This is interesting and makes me think maybe. It doesn't reflect Koepka who I would put above Bryson which would nudge him to 6th. Brian Harman and Wyndham Clark are the two on that list that give you some pause but they each won majors.

I don't see him in the top 5.

View attachment 9217740
Thanks for sharing this. Think you could argue either way but there is absolutely a case to be made when you look at like this. Would you really feel good about picking any of the names below him to win a match heads up?

I say top 15, though his play as of late has been great.

Top 5 is tough, even top 10 but it looks like he is playing some really good golf so I think I'll go with top 10 ish and maybe could be higher.

Rankings are just a construct man. Does any of it really matter?

Aside from the money, the bragging rights, the media attention.... all of that?

View attachment 9217740
This is kind of my thinking.
I think its easy to say "no way" without looking at the list. No chance Harman or Clark would be ranked higher than him. I would struggle with Max and Fitz too. Xander and Cantlay would be close, but right around there makes sense.

Top 5, maybe. Top 10 yes.

I do think Cantlay is above him and would put him at 6th - but I also think that's partially because I really like my shuffle foot buddy.

He has to be in the conversation at least. I'd go Rahm, Scheffler, McIlroy above him, but not sure I can name 2 more locks. Arguing him vs. Koepka, Schauffle, Cantlay, Hovland kinda splitting hairs over who you like better.

Back