Is Bryson a Top 5 Player in the World Right Now?

Could be but not.

This is kind of my thinking.
I think its easy to say "no way" without looking at the list. No chance Harman or Clark would be ranked higher than him. I would struggle with Max and Fitz too. Xander and Cantlay would be close, but right around there makes sense.
Closing is an important skill for the top players in the world. Getting wins is important no matter what the tournament is. The guys you mentioned have all struggled to close the deal is the biggest reason I went there. Viktor probably just broke through and I hope will be an assassin for the next year or so.

Closing is an important skill for the top players in the world. Getting wins is important no matter what the tournament is. The guys you mentioned have all struggled to close the deal is the biggest reason I went there. Viktor probably just broke through and I hope will be an assassin for the next year or so.
Yeah I think Viktor is above him currently. Not by much, but he is there.

Haven't seen him play at all and without playing against the best in the world how can you give him that. Definitely in the top 12 I'd say maybe.

Haven't seen him play at all and without playing against the best in the world how can you give him that. Definitely in the top 12 I'd say maybe.
Couldnt you say the same thing about Fitzpatrick or others? Are they playing against the best in the world?

There are objective ways to measure and those measurements have him outside the top 20 in the world.

Couldnt you say the same thing about Fitzpatrick or others? Are they playing against the best in the world?
Thats fair too I guess. We just don't know who the best is anymore because they only play together at the majors so I'd guess we'd have to go off that

I wouldn't disagree. I'd say if he's not in the top five, he's closer to five than he is to ten.

There are objective ways to measure and those measurements have him outside the top 20 in the world.
Its why i said take the rankings out of it.
Basing it on strength of schedule is kind of weird when we don't collectively penalize the Euro Tour and their trash of depth of field weekly.

Any tournament in the world that added Cam Smith, DJ, Bryson, Brooks, Gooch. Reed, Leishman and Oosty would be considered one of the best fields in golf.

Its why i said take the rankings out of it.
Basing it on strength of schedule is kind of weird when we don't collectively penalize the Euro Tour and their trash of depth of field weekly.

Any tournament in the world that added Cam Smith, DJ, Bryson, Brooks, Gooch. Reed, Leishman and Oosty would be considered one of the best fields in golf.

I am not talking about WGR or strength of schedule.

I think 5-7 range is definitely fair. I don't think the top 4 would be a discussion but after that it goes Cantlay, Xander etc.

I think Bryson could reasonably claim he is in that range. I know he was so-so in majors but Cantlay only had one top 10 also and it was a 9th. Bryson has a top 5, the 58 , the LIV wins etc. Yeah i think it's fair

Wouldn’t give him the top 5 but argument can be made for 10.

No - I have Scheffler, Rahm, Mcilroy, Hovland, Koepka ahead of him.

An argument can be made he’s not even top 3 on LIV (Koepka/Smith/Gooch being ahead of him).

Mentally think I’ve got him just outside top 5. But it’s as much a guess as anything else right now /shrug

I don't know if he is Top 5 but I watch LIV and he's back. He may be ever better than he was. Wedge play seems to better than when he was at his best.

As others have said, he is in the convo for top 5. Changes week to week/splitting hairs

1698692830969.png
based on this I think he probably falls somewhere in 5-16 range, but I think all those guys are fairly interchangeable.

I think its pretty close. But he's absolutely top 10, and only getting better.

What I like about Bryson is how unconventional he is. Whos playing like Bryson does? I for one think its fun, and he is playing good golf right now. Dudes playin a Krank Driver for goodness sakes. Manufacturer sponsors? screw em. I love it.

I don't think he's quite Top 5, because you don't have Koepka on that list. I think Koepka still had the better season than Bryson unarguably so imo. But yea...i mean he's definitely in that mix with Cantlay and Schauffle. I'd say he's SAFELY in the top 10 just gets edged out of the top 5.

I don't think I would have him in the top 5 but he's right there and I would have him in the top 10.

I think I would have Scottie, Ramn, Smith, and Hovland ahead of him. He's right there with the next group of Cantlay, Rory, Schauffle, Fitz, Koepka, and Homa.

I'm not a Bryson fan in anyway but he's definitely in the conversation for Top 10. And deserves to be mentioned when discussing the #5 spot. (Scottie, Viktor, Rahm, Rory have the top 4 locked down I think)

Top 10 somewhere. Hard to say with confidence since I haven't seen him play much. Brooks is above him.

Probably, wish everyone was playing together so we’d know.

Data golf which I think is the best way to currently and objectively rank players. Has him at 22.

Back