Is Bryson exploiting OEM trends?

He looks like he is severely constipated when he swings. As far as gear, he does pretty well.

I was gonna say he just looks awkward, like a video game character.

The first thing I thought of was watching baseball in the late 90's when all of the sudden everyone blew up and was huge. I'm not saying Bryson is cheating, but it's just weird to see him like that now. I will admit - he's entertaining to watch.

Put me in the camp of people that feel that Bryson has gone down his own path again. Maybe he is taking advantage of the fact that heads are a bit more forgiving and the shafts more stable but Bryson put the work in to build his strength and speed. It is possible that the equipment makes it easier for him to apply that speed and strength but Bryson has gone a different path than pretty much everyone else. Gary Woodland lost about 20 pounds over the break and he played well also this week.

Have no opinion other than his golf body looks odd to me.

Is Hulk 4 coming out and he wants to screen test?

Inquiring minds...

Bryson's body also raises the question of whether there was any artificial assistance. Bryson has made a very large change to his body in a relatively short period of time. There is no reason for me to suspect there is anything to it and it is too bad the question comes up but it did cross my mind. You still have to do the work to get the gains but it is a shocking transformation.

Bryson's body also raises the question of whether there was any artificial assistance. Bryson has made a very large change to his body in a relatively short period of time. There is no reason for me to suspect there is anything to it and it is too bad the question comes up but it did cross my mind. You still have to do the work to get the gains but it is a shocking transformation.
I have put 30lbs of mass on people in 3 months while also getting them tremendously stronger. I have even done it with THPers. Now, add in that Bryson is a young man, 26, a good athlete (lots of fast twitch muscle fibers), it probably isn't hard for him to respond well to weight training. He looks like he ate to support his strength training.

He looks like he ate to support his strength training.
Jim Nantz said on the broadcast yesterday he was eating 5 protein shakes a day while working out 3x a day.

It seems Bryson was watching some long drive competitions and saw how strong those guys are. Figured out Strength and speed makes a golf ball go far.... He added his ability to have a perfected golf swing and precision to limit the misses... Amazing that through all this the short game still remained in line and touch was still there.

Awesome performance during a down period.

I have put 30lbs of mass on people in 3 months while also getting them tremendously stronger. I have even done it with THPers. Now, add in that Bryson is a young man, 26, a good athlete (lots of fast twitch muscle fibers), it probably isn't hard for him to respond well to weight training. He looks like he ate to support his strength training.

I am glad to hear that and sorry I was suspicious.

Bigger, stronger, faster. The maths work.

He is eating more than 4K cals a day and exercising. He is doing the dirtiest of dirty bulks. Not saying he is not supplementing but nothing here points to anything illegal.

I am glad to hear that and sorry I was suspicious.

Nothing wrong with suspicion. He has not put on 30 pounds of muscle in this time. That is fact... He has gotten stronger and a lot bigger. But it is not even close to being all muscle.

Nothing wrong with suspicion. He has not put on 30 pounds of muscle in this time. That is fact... He has gotten stronger and a lot bigger. But it is not even close to being all muscle.
You are correct! 30lbs of mass. Some muscle, some fat. Now, if Bryson rolled into the 2020 season looking like Jason Zuback, then I would be veeeeeeery suspicious.

He found a loophole in the equipment? I'm so confused. Guy bulked up and wants to hulk smash every drive so what? It may work for him but there are smaller guys out there smashing the ball too. What loophole is he exploiting?

yeah I don't get it either.

The insinuation is that Bryson somehow found a "loophole" to exploit in equipment. Due to a "lack of consistent regulation in how clubs are designed."

For the record, I don't buy this argument, but figured I'd raise the question.

I gotta admit, I'm not following. Seems like it's simple: He's trying disregard golf architecture. Instead of working the ball, he wants to smash it straight over everything. To do that he got ridiculously bigger.

He could have just added to inches to the length of his driver shaft, but I guess that'd be too easy. It's not the Bryson way.

#RollTheBallBack ..... step up the random drug testing #BrysonIsJuicing :unsure::ROFLMAO:

What's been mostly unnoticed with his bulking up is that he's very much increased his functional range of motion. He's not just bulking up how most people think about bulking up, he's doing in conjunction with a lot of fine tuning other physical aspects that are directly focused on the golf swing (ie. the pressure mats, trips to Chris Como's living room hitting lab)

People who wish to be thin, weak, and frail should have bigger worries than if their fairway wood is best suited to their body type.

It's very "golfer" to find a fault in getting stronger. It is even more "golfer" to find a reason to stay thin and weak.

More people, golfers specifically, need to squat/deadlift/press more.
This exactly. I already liked Bryson for being different and edgy. I like him even more for thinking about the body like I do. Weak and thin reminds me of Tom Kite. Jordan Spieth needs to take this page out of Bryson's playbook.

Sure some talk lanky guys hit it a mile and a few short gifted people as well. But I'm pretty sure someone famous once said, "if you want to hit it farther, swing harder". The best way I know how to do that is get big and strong.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Appears that he's combined the gains with functional movement so he's not as restricted.

What most impresses me is that usually after such a dramatic body change players tend to lose their game for quite a while. Aside from the length, it seems his game is not a lot different - the good and bad aspects seem relatively unchanged.

I suspect it's harder for the feel players vs those more rooted in the mechanics.

I haven't looked it up, how are his results prior to and after the bulking up?

He is not exploiting anything and no loopholes to exploit. His swing and swing speed has changed, therefore his equipment has to change.

I haven't looked it up, how are his results prior to and after the bulking up?
He had a rough season last year. Started bulking up in the winter and had 3 top 5s this calendar year before the break. Noticeably struggled with his approaches though. Bulked even more during the break, and T-3 this week, but much sharper with approaches and wedges

It appears he has taken long driving concepts on tour. He figured out how to consistently maximize his driver distances along with accuracy which allows him to use shorter irons and wedges into greens than his competitors. Nothing to do with OEM trends.

I have to ask a question to the question by @golfunfiltered

Is this really a question?
What tour pro isnt trying to do this?

This whole thread confuses me. I'll hang up and listen now.

Back