Is gambling a big thing in your golf games?

I’m usually good for a $25 Nassau

We’ll throw in wolf or maybe a game of 1-3-5.

Our group usually plays for money unless a few of us go out and play for "fun". We have a bet on the front, back and total. Most you can loose is $10. We also do closest to the pin on all par 3's and scats on the rest of the holes.

I'll play for money every once in a while, but not regularly. People at the club on the other hand....

I don't gamble on every game, but when playing with friends, it's fun to put a couple of bucks or beers on the line.
Nothing big though.

I gamble on 90% of rounds. Usually play $10 press with the secondary matches being $5 each or an overall $10 for the match $10 for stroke play depending on whoch group of friends I'm playing with. Sometimes a $1 or $2 skins game with the odd one getting up to $5 but that's maybe once or twice a year. Completely depends on the group I'm playing with.

I have gambled with people I don't know before but they are always friends of friends, never with complete unknowns.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I will say that a semi-regular group in NY, we played a $60 buy in with greenies and sandies, plus another $10 to $20 each on the last hole.

Bad days absolutely sucked for me because I was driving to LI from Rockland county. So $23 in tolls, at least 100 miles round trip and that's only if I met up with the closest buddy and he drove from there. Otherwise, upwards of 180 or so miles round trip.

Then losing on the course, then dinner. They're basically rich, I'm not. They refused to play with handicaps so I made sure that I got better and won most often!

They said it was their bi-weekly charitable donation to me because I came from so far away.

Admittedly, I never liked gambling that much (stakes had been considerably higher on golf vacations with them) as I'd just as soon play without it.

But they are a generous bunch, most often paying for my dinner. When I had my condo in Myrtle Beach, as thanks for having them on our numerous trips, despite my protests they wouldn't let me pay for anything.

They even bought me a new TV because they wanted a bigger one for the next trip, LOL. Great group.

My only day to be able to play is Sunday mornings, which is Stableford. Since all my buddies play and I'm there anyways I chip in my $7 and play away not caring if I have win or lose because I'm happy to just be golfing.

Over all I would say I'm at or near even for the last 3 years or so. Though I've never actually tracked it, I usually get some kind of win once a month which covers the $28 for the month.

$1 closest to the hole on par 3s. That's about it.

We always play for something just to keep the competition up. But nothing that will break anyone.

Love playing $1 dots for Lefty-Righty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a weekly skins game that I show up to once or twice a month.

$20 for the Quota Game. Pays top 2 scores each 9

$10 greenies on 2 of the 5 Par 3s
$10 Skins

Then we usually play a 3rd Nine for those who can stick around.

With friends usually just a few bucks. Not losing any more than $10 even on a bad day.

I never do. I like to hold onto my money, haha.

Nope not really. If I gamble anything it’s typically drinks after the round. I won’t say never for money, but it’s rare and typically low amounts if it happens.

My normal group we do. It gamble but every now and then I will join one of several groups at my club that play for cash. I have yet to lose since they all suck so I don’t play with them all that often since I feel like I am taking advantage of them.

I really enjoy small dollar gambling.

Play for a buck. Play for a beer. Play for lunch. Play for whatever.

Once you go over 10 bucks and handicaps are involved, I lose interest. No real point to me.

I have a group of friends that I’ll play a money game with around once a month. Everyone is of similar ability so we play straight up and it works well. Once handicaps are involved I refuse to play for money.

Always differs with who I'm playing with. When Me and my best friend play we just tee it up and no $. I also play for $10 skins with a different group and if I play against a cpl certain poker buddies we play up to 200-400. Highest ive ever played was $1000 a hole versus a rich guy who loved to gamble (won 13k)

I don’t gamble on my skill as a rule. Maybe I’ll play for a drink at the end of the round, that’s about the extent of it.

This is me. I don't play enough to feel comfortable to bet on myself with golf. Maybe a drink, but that's about it.

I have not done much gambling on the course. Our league does a skins game each week for $10, I think I only participated once last year. I plan on participating more often this year.

my buddy and I play "buck buck"

longest drive in the fairway = $1

GIR closest to the hole = $1

Win the hole = $1

tie the hole = skins carry next hole worth $2

we usually end up owing one or the other about $5

every time I pull driver on the tee its a gamble. ;)

I do like to bet for lunch or drinks and Ive been betting $1 closest to the pin with my dad for years. I dont think any of us has ever paid up. Its basically for pride and trash talk which makes it fun.

Always. Usually a $20 buy in. Depending on the group (usually 32-44 players) it could be a low net/low gross game, or low front, back and total with skins. Usually have anywhere from 1-4 CTPs on the par 3s also. Side bets (usually a $5 Nassau) are a thing also.

not really for me, there is already too much at stake on the line between my dignity and my pride

its really not for me. It was when I was younger, although the stakes were never high. Plus I don't have a regular group that I play in anymore.

Fun gambling, usually games like dots, quota, or something of that nature... nothing that you would lose more than $10-20 on a bad day

Back