Is Nike seeing it.

LargePhil

Tiny Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.6
How much impact do you think Rory's poor play is having on the Nike Golf brand?

How much impact do you think Rory's poor play is having on the Nike Golf brand?

Well I bought a new covert tour driver, vr pro irons, and method putter this month.

Personally I dont think any. Honestly don't think it's the clubs fault he isn't playing the way we are used to. If you like Nike why would a players performance persuade you from not buying?

Phil had that great week with the Razr Fit Extreme and Callaway saw an immediate bump. Just wondering if the opposite might be true?

It isn't helping. It has to have an effect.

I work at a golf store, and I can't tell you how many people have come in asking for the new Driver just to look at. Then make a snide comment "sure isn't help ole MACOLROY"

So, yes it's killing them imo. Plus tiger doesn't even use the new stuff...

The only Nike equipment I had a passing interest in was their wedges, so Rory's struggles impacted me in the least and I ended up going another direction with my wedges anyhow. I'll still wear the hell out of their apparel though.

Nikes fine.

Phil had that great week with the Razr Fit Extreme and Callaway saw an immediate bump. Just wondering if the opposite might be true?
I think it's a great question to ask. If they are I think it's short term. It's only going to take one of them to win a tournament with that equipment and for everyone to get their Nike love back.

Armstrong didn't hurt Nike, The Blade Runner didn't hurt Nike, Rory won't either........

A lot less than the positive effect for Nike when he wins his next major.

Are people going to stampede to the pro shops the Monday after Rory does win? Doubt it. Is Nike getting killed for it? Doubt it.

I think Rory's poor play will have some negative effect of nike equipment sales but i do not believe his struggles are with the equipment. I believe he is thinking with the wrong head and spending to much time with his tennis girl instead of practicing like he needs too.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

The Golf Channel showed his golf swing from 2 years ago compared to this year's and there's a bit of difference. This could have something to do with it.
Can't blame it on Nike really. Russell Henley has won with new Nike clubs this year... right?

The Golf Channel showed his golf swing from 2 years ago compared to this year's and there's a bit of difference. This could have something to do with it.
Can't blame it on Nike really. Russell Henley has won with new Nike clubs this year... right?

No. He had last years VR_S driver.

I'm not sure about his golf equipment but i definitely wont be using his brand of toothpaste ;)

I'm not sure about his golf equipment but i definitely wont be using his brand of toothpaste ;)

Maybe he doesn't have one...maybe that's the problem. Does Nike make toothpaste?

Don't know, but I'll bet the execs around the Nike marketing department aren't loving life right now.

I think there's got to be some effect. How can Nike signing Rory "move the needle" / "bring it" / "step up their game" and all the rest of it because he's playing well and this NOT have some negative effect, even if among casual golfers for the most part?

I don't think it's a huge, huge effect, he's still #1, still visible. If he pulls out of the recent tailspin, sales will be higher than ever. They'd better be, or Nike's burnt off a lot of money for little return. But a continuing slump will certainly show up on the balance sheet. Won't cripple the company, they've got a few other players people may have heard of.

New promotion. Have a wisdom tooth pulled, 10% off a new Nike Covert driver or fairway.

Maybe not 10%...but I'd consider it for 50%

Free press is good press

Maybe he doesn't have one...maybe that's the problem. Does Nike make toothpaste?

They do...this is what happens when you use it
URL]

sorry, i cant figure out how to insert the image

Last edited:
I won't buy Nike clubs because their website is atrocious and I can't find any details about their clubs on it, I don't care about how rory does

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Back