Is Notah Begay the worst announcer you've ever heard?

I like Notah but he doesn't sound too swift. Sounds like the alcohol has taken it's toll.

It often takes him a moment to form a coherent sentence.

What I really liked him doing was walking with the players on the web.com tour I think he did a really good job at that. Just not cut out for the desk though.

I like Notah and would like to see him do more serious pieces with/like Jimmy Roberts does. I appreciate his Tiger insight, but feel he has a lot more to offer if they let him.

That's my biggest issue with him though is the fact that they trot him out to basically be a Tiger homer most of the time....he on course work is mediocre at best

I think he is horrible. He was actually getting better on the course before his heart attack.

My two least favorite announcers are Jim a Nance in any sport and Brandel Chamblee. Gary McCord is fun to listen to for about 3-4 holes then he becomes annoying. Notah may be a little rough around the edges but he is new. I will give him sometime before deciding if he is good or not

I'll take Notah over that pomp and circumstance Jim Nance anyday. Whenever someone takes a dump "we're witnessing history" according to him. Miller is a close second with his constant "this really isn't a difficult shot for a touring pro folks."

Really? Can you expand on that?

Best friends and Tiger opens up for him more than anyone else because they literally talk all the time. Not saying that I believe its why he has his job, but for a channel who wants eyes and knows Tiger news gets eyes, its plausible.

As to the announcing, he's improved, its not as bad as it used to be.

I like Notah but I don't like listening to him at all on the course. But on Live at the PGA with Nobilo and Chamblee, I thought he was much better.

I'll take Notah over that pomp and circumstance Jim Nance anyday. Whenever someone takes a dump "we're witnessing history" according to him. Miller is a close second with his constant "this really isn't a difficult shot for a touring pro folks."

glad to see someone else isn't a fan of Johnny Miller.was just having a chat about him with some friends. Also glad TNT doesn't get much golf. Other than some of the normal experts don't care to listen to the TNT announcers.

glad to see someone else isn't a fan of Johnny Miller.was just having a chat about him with some friends. Also glad TNT doesn't get much golf. Other than some of the normal experts don't care to listen to the TNT announcers.

His announcing skills aren't bad but I just find him arrogant and patronizing toward "club golfers."

He's worlds ahead of where he was a few years ago. Still isn't smooth, certainly in any adhoc stuff I've seen, but he doesn't have to force a sentence out any more.
Still isn't good, to me, but they keep paying him so he can't be costing them any viewers. They didn't cut him loose when he was awful, I can't see it happening now.

Notah is far better than McCord and Miller. I'd rather listen to the boring Euro announcers than listen to McCord and Miller

Back